Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

I’m about half in the bag. I’m hoping the Sox play on my birthday for the third time in my lifetime. The first one wasn’t so good…Tito Fucking Landrum. Second was fine. Third could be epic as we close out the series at home!

  • Replies 177
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.

  • “ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS

  • The Pope has convinced Jerry to convert!

Posted Images

Was hoping the 3pm start would open up some more tickets. Nope. My fault for not realizing how much I’d want to go

5 hours ago, tray said:

One strategy against an opponent with key offensive players is to try to limit their impact or as some say, don't let them beat you. The White Sox were successful in limiting Yordan Alvarez (1 for 7) in the Houston series. Likewise PCA went 0-7 against the Padres. Sox have to limit damage from Rocchio in the Cleveland series. I am sure the Sox pitching staff is focusing in on that player in particular.

4 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m about half in the bag. I’m hoping the Sox play on my birthday for the third time in my lifetime. The first one wasn’t so good…Tito Fucking Landrum. Second was fine. Third could be epic as we close out the series at home!

I was at the Tito Landrum game. 1983....Brit Burns ...Jerry Dybzinski etc.

Against Messick, I want to see the following lineup. Stats are wRC+ against LHP on a full season basis and for the last two months.

  1. C. Meidroth, 2B (187 | 287)

  2. R. Grichuk, RF (197 | 233)

  3. M. Vargas, 3B (155 | 153)

  4. M. Murakami, 1B* (110 | 120)

  5. B. Doyle, CF (158 | 158)

  6. S. Antonacci, LF* (83 | 134)

  7. T. Pham, DH (103 | 103)

  8. K. Teel, C* (75, 140)

  9. C. Montgomery, SS* (118 | 65)

I thought about putting Rogers in for Teel and wouldn’t completely hate it to start the game, but I ultimately went with our main dude Kyle as he’s hit LHP surprisingly well over the last two months (SSS).

The other question was LF and whether to go with Sam or Peters. I decided to go with Sam and save Peters for when the Guardians’ bullpen comes in. By doing so, it allows us to decide if we need to prioritize defense or offense and gives us better flexibility on how to deploy Tristin. If we’re down, he comes in for Doyle or Grichuk. If we’re up, he comes in for Antonacci.

My only concern with the above lineup is it quickly gets imbalanced once you start subbing in guys. However, I still think stacking your big three RH bats at the top makes the most sense. Getting after Messick the first or second time through the lineup is critical and those three RH bats are the best way to do that.

Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.

Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear

14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.

It's not though. That fan base is just destroyed.

10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear

It is a great place to see a game. A definite favorite of mine.

20 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear

It's a quick 5 hour drive from Chicago, hope to see lots of Sox fans in attendance. Was surprised by the turnout in Houston. WAYYYYYYYYY more Sox fans there this time then in 2021

"Will Venable has done a masterful job of turning the club around, and now he’ll hope to stun the Guards and secure what would perhaps be the most unexpected ALCS berth in MLB history."

www.si.com

56 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

It's a quick 5 hour drive from Chicago, hope to see lots of Sox fans in attendance. Was surprised by the turnout in Houston. WAYYYYYYYYY more Sox fans there this time then in 2021

Interesting, having been there in '21 (but not this time.) In some ways you might expect there to have been more support back then, given that it was an easy division winner and a team people considered more "solid" and expected. But on the other hand it's the out-of-nowhere aspect of this team that makes it so appealing.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear

I almost did the same. But after going to Minny and Stl for these guys the last month or so my "travel the midwest for the Sox" budget is tightening up a bit. I'll be at G3 though.

13 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Makes total sense. Hopefully then can get Newcomb going again as that could be a pretty deadly pair against the Guardians.

1 hour ago, Whisox05 said:

Hagen for 2 or 3 and then Martin for bulk maybe? Or they might go full bullpen game because they have an off day the next day.

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

bullpen comes in. By doing so, it allows us to decide if we

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Makes total sense. Hopefully then can get Newcomb going again as that could be a pretty deadly pair against the Guardians.

With the weird day off between games 1 and 2, we can technically go bullpen game in both. We probably shouldn't, but we can. I think if you can use Newcomb to open for Burke in game 2, that'd make a lot of sense.

Should I wear my celibate for Sean shirt to my date tomorrow night?

3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Should I wear my celibate for Sean shirt to my date tomorrow night?

"If you can't keep it in the strike zone, keep it in your pants!"

I think Murakami and Vargas are gonna be key to winning these games, so hopefully the coaching has figured out what their issues have been and addressed them. We probably won't see much of Antonacci, Braden, but Grichuk should be playing pretty much 90% of every game

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's not though. That fan base is just destroyed.

I get it. The thing to me is how quickly the fan base jumped back in this year. There is usually a lag but attendance picked up with the team just being .500.

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I get it. The thing to me is how quickly the fan base jumped back in this year. There is usually a lag but attendance picked up with the team just being .500.

Cleveland has kind of destroyed their fan base over the last 20 years. They know not to get too comfortable, because pretty much anyone who is good is getting dealt when they get expensive. The only exception was Ramirez who took a massive haircut to stay, for some dumb reason.

got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchin

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchin

Well luckily you won’t have a bat in your hands and the players don’t seem too bothered by pressure!

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cleveland has kind of destroyed their fan base over the last 20 years. They know not to get too comfortable, because pretty much anyone who is good is getting dealt when they get expensive. The only exception was Ramirez who took a massive haircut to stay, for some dumb reason.

I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.