Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Gotta feel sorry for a team that lived on miracle comebacks. Boo effing hoo. But anyone think that Taylor had nothing and got away with it?

100%. Velocity was down and there were a lot of pitches in the heart of the zone. Cleveland could have made it much harder on us but they kept swinging early in the count.

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Thank you Cle for being so desperate and Getz for getting Doyle to make that look so easy! Go go White Sox!

Edited by gogowsox

3 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Gotta feel sorry for a team that lived on miracle comebacks. Boo effing hoo. But anyone think that Taylor had nothing and got away with it?

Got awAy with it big time.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

100%. Velocity was down and there were a lot of pitches in the heart of the zone. Cleveland could have made it much harder on us but they kept swinging early in the count.

To be fair, they kept smoking it early in the count for the most part

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

100%

I would have rather taken by chances with Burke and his luck of the Irish. Against a better hitting team, we could have been in trouble in the bottom of the 9 th. But all that ends good it’s good for me.

Absolutely incredible if they make the ALCS but can't count the chickens before they hatch. Can never rule out the Cleveland team. As far as chicken counting, both the Rays and Yankees are incredibly beatable before we go up against any one of those titans from the NL.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

100%

how his stuff will hold up as a starter

big ???

Two days rest obviously not enough.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

To be fair, they kept smoking it early in the count for the most part

Yeah we got screwed in game 1 with the Pham fly out, but we got some payback this game with Adell's fly ball going off the wall and Bailey's fly out not carrying. He didn't hit it as hard as Pham, but that is usually a hit.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

sub in who???

Acuna?

I meant making sure to have your defensive OF ready to go by the 9th, pulling Peters for Pham

Joe Adell exit velo 108mph

Nathaniel Lowe 96mph

Angel Martinez 95mph

Travis Bazzana 99mph

Patrick Bailey 104mph

CLE clearly planned to jump on Taylor early this time which is probably the best thing to do

10 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:

Pinch me. We are one win away from the ALCS.

And 5 from the World Series 👀. One game. At. A. Time.

I’d like to see Venable utilize Hicks more to Save Taylor’s arm.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

thankfully Doyle is the best or second best athlete on the team

Two time Gold Glover. Turned out to be a good acquisition by Getz after all.

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I would have rather taken by chances with Burke and his luck of the Irish. Against a better hitting team, we could have been in trouble in the bottom of the 9 th. But all that ends good it’s good for me.

I’m not gonna fault him for using their best pitcher if he said he’s good to go

23 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Second screw up late against the Guardians by Sam. In LF. Will needs to learn that defense late is more important than a runner or even a run when you are up two in the 8 th. A costly unforced error.

I thought it was a clean single. Nothing like the misplay couple weeks ago, or whenever it was.

I'm curious whether Hagen was considered available.

Peters was subbed out of the game when the Sox were down by a run and Sabrowski was on the mound. I recognized the risk at the time but I think it made sense.

I just heard that Wednesday's game is going to be a blackout game . that is absolutely outstanding . I was at the last one in 2008 where Thome hit his the home run .

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'm curious whether Hagen was considered available.

Starting Wednesday 100%

10 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Two days rest obviously not enough.

Just bash these weak ass hitters with a 12-0 win, super easy 😈

9 minutes ago, tomtom823 said:

I’d like to see Venable utilize Hicks more to Save Taylor’s arm.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some Sandman too

The only reason Burke gave up a hit at all was because Peters wasn't playing left as he should be in late innings. Pham just isn't a good enough hitter, imo, to warrant weaker defense in the latter innings.

12 minutes ago, Jake said:

Peters was subbed out of the game when the Sox were down by a run and Sabrowski was on the mound. I recognized the risk at the time but I think it made sense.

Yeah this was different than when he subbed Doyle out for Braden in the game where Sam couldn't catch the last out.

We already had a lead in that game.

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

The only reason Burke gave up a hit at all was because Peters wasn't playing left as he should be in late innings. Pham just isn't a good enough hitter, imo, to warrant weaker defense in the latter innings.

This I agree with. But Pham did almost hit a 3 run bomb off Sabrowski on Saturday, so I understand the sentiment.

I'm not sure Grant Taylor is human....this is unbelievable

Burke ain't bad either

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.