1 hour ago1 hr 51 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in societyNBA started it.
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:Hawk would say, don’t tell me what you do, tell me when.The playoffs?
1 hour ago1 hr 4 minutes ago, fathom said:Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.What is this about?
1 hour ago1 hr 7 minutes ago, GreenSox said:Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. fAnd for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.
1 hour ago1 hr 16 minutes ago, fathom said:Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.What are you referencing?
43 minutes ago43 min 41 minutes ago, GreenSox said:Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. fYeah, no point in possibly playing that into extra bases.
41 minutes ago41 min 25 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:What are you referencing?Guardians players were relaying location on 2nd in the 3rd inning.
18 minutes ago18 min 1 hour ago, fathom said:Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.
8 minutes ago8 min 2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in societyJudging by the Neanderthal thing, the screaming probably started before society did.
Just now1 min 48 minutes ago, WestEddy said:And for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.Eddy, the fact that I'm Sam's great-uncle admittedly makes me both partial to him and defensive of him. But with that acknowledged and understood-- and in view of the pretty harsh nature of some of this evening's comments regarding his play in left field-- I think it's fair to point out that Darrin Jackson, on the radio broadcast I was listening to, said that 1) Sam made the correct decision not to attempt a diving catch on DeLauter's hit, given the specific game situation; and 2) Sam's presence of mind in realizing that Doyle, on Adell's hit, was getting too close to the wall to be able to play the carom, and Sam getting over there to grab it and quickly get it back to the cutoff man, may have saved a game-tying inside-the-park Adell home run. I know Sam's certainly not perfect, and I know that negative comments often get put out there in the heat of the moment, about pretty much every player, so I'm not complaining. But I think the point of view of a former major league outfielder ought to carry at least some weight.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.