2 hours ago2 hr FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.
2 hours ago2 hr The other day I heard DJ say it's important to see what happens to a team after they get smashed in the mouth.....that was the 1st inning today. These team really is unbelievable.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, chw42 said:FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.I didn't put too much thought into it but I thought it was just a well-placed hit when watching it live
2 hours ago2 hr Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in society
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, wegner said:The other day I heard DJ say it's important to see what happens to a team after they get smashed in the mouth.....that was the 1st inning today. These team really is unbelievable.Agreed. Going 13-0 wire to wire in every game would be fun, but obviously wasn't going to happen. I wanted to see how they would respond when they inevitably had to play from behind, and the way they answered today gives me more confidence than if they just didn't trail at all again.
2 hours ago2 hr 38 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:My dog had surgery so was tending to her during game. I'm superstitious so didn't want to post and ruin the lead.But now I can.HOW BOUT THEM WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday. Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid. Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will. PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.
2 hours ago2 hr Just now, vilehoopster said:My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday.Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid.Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson.Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will.PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was available
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:My dog has ligament surgery tomorrow, so I will be you on Wednesday.Now to my complaint: Venable is going to win Manager of the Year, but that was stupider than hell to put Taylor in there, just stupid.Put in Hicks. Fedde? Hudson.Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than to be good. Talking to you, Will.PS: Kay is done for the playoffs/ year.I think if Acuna is put into LF for defense, he probably catches the ball that Antonacci let drop and Burke might have gone into the 9th.
1 hour ago1 hr Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:I think if Acuna is put into LF for defense, he probably catches the ball that Antonacci let drop and Burke might have gone into the 9th.good point
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, fathom said:If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was availableI guess my point on this is that Taylor should not have been available. He never should have been considered after a 4-inning close. Regardless if Taylor said he was ready or not. A manager has to know when to listen to his players and when to use his head.
1 hour ago1 hr Recap from Mike Vasil speech after the Houston Sweep1 Gonna get a flight to Cleveland ☑️2 Kick some ass ☑️3 Bring playoff baseball back to Chicago ☑️Let's Fucking Go!!!!!!!
1 hour ago1 hr Gavin Williams is an unrestricted free agent in 2030, but Boras is his agent, and he will be 31 so IDK how much he's gonna get paid
1 hour ago1 hr 55 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:My dog had surgery so was tending to her during game. I'm superstitious so didn't want to post and ruin the lead.But now I can.HOW BOUT THEM WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!How is she doing?
1 hour ago1 hr 14 minutes ago, fathom said:If he put anyone besides Taylor in, and they lost the lead, people would flip out when it would be reported after the game that Taylor was availableManagers really can't win in these situations if it doesn't work out. Padres went with Miller no matter what and Stammen got second guessed for it. I'm not even sure who they would throw in that situation that would have given them a better shot.
1 hour ago1 hr 52 minutes ago, nrockway said:Absolutely incredible if they make the ALCS but can't count the chickens before they hatch. Can never rule out the Cleveland team. As far as chicken counting, both the Rays and Yankees are incredibly beatable before we go up against any one of those titans from the NL.If the Sox advance to the ALCS. I'd rather face Tampa.
1 hour ago1 hr Glad it worked out, but wasn’t a fan of bringing in Taylor, after 4 innings Saturday. I felt Burke was cruising and only let up the soft oppo hit. Would have let him face Adell, who he owned tonight. Taylor let up a lot of hard hit balls tonight, to the same team that just faced him on Saturday.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, chw42 said:Managers really can't win in these situations if it doesn't work out. Padres went with Miller no matter what and Stammen got second guessed for it. I'm not even sure who they would throw in that situation that would have given them a better shot.Wouldn’t Hicks have been available after only 1 inning Sat, and an off day in between
1 hour ago1 hr Author Will is going to need to have trust in some other pitchers going forward, especially if we make the ALCS. Fedde looks like a really solid 2-3 inning dude who can pump it to 98 in that role.He'll need to use Schultz to eat up some innings too. Hopefully he can give you 2 innings at a tine. Can't keep riding Taylor at this rate. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by ron883
1 hour ago1 hr Author For all the flak he gets, Colson 2nd in OPS for the team this postseason with a nice .936. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by ron883
1 hour ago1 hr 44 minutes ago, chw42 said:FWIW, DeLauter's hit had an xBA of .880. We'll see what the catch probability is tomorrow, but I don't think that's as routine as some are saying it is.Agreed, and you don't want Sam to be too aggressive and turn it into a double. With two outs the play is to be safe
1 hour ago1 hr 5 minutes ago, ron883 said:For all the flak he gets, Colson 2nd in OPS for the team this postseason with a nice .936.Hawk would say, don’t tell me what you do, tell me when.
1 hour ago1 hr 20 minutes ago, white sox 80 said:If the Sox advance to the ALCS. I'd rather face Tampa.100% agree
1 hour ago1 hr 51 minutes ago, chw42 said:This I agree with. But Pham did almost hit a 3 run bomb off Sabrowski on Saturday, so I understand the sentiment.Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. f
1 hour ago1 hr Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.