1 hour ago1 hr It's crazy that one of the biggest weaknesses of the season is now one of the biggest strengths in the postseason: The pitching. However, I realize that Venable has been using the pitching staff like a bullpen with the openers, guys throwing to the minimum hitters, starters throwing for a couple innings, etc. Regardless, the pitching has been great.I feel good about Wednesday. The atmosphere is going to be electric. Pitchers should be rested. Offense is primed to explode. A blowout win would be nice, but I'll take any win.
43 minutes ago43 min 13 hours ago, nrockway said:I don't understand the celibacy bit. Is it something to do with the Pope? Also Vasil hassled him for the no family thing too because he's got parents. But Vasil doesn't need much to yank your chain. Edited 41 minutes ago41 min by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
36 minutes ago36 min 39 minutes ago, hogan873 said:It's crazy that one of the biggest weaknesses of the season is now one of the biggest strengths in the postseason: The pitching. However, I realize that Venable has been using the pitching staff like a bullpen with the openers, guys throwing to the minimum hitters, starters throwing for a couple innings, etc. Regardless, the pitching has been great.I feel good about Wednesday. The atmosphere is going to be electric. Pitchers should be rested. Offense is primed to explode. A blowout win would be nice, but I'll take any win.I'm not THAT surprised, the good thing about the playoffs is you can stop worrying about overuse to some degree. We had a really rough back end of the pitching roster and it would tax our guys. Since July we've had some pretty strong pieces just tough to have stretches of 20 games in 22 days with this kind of roster build and not lose some games.
35 minutes ago35 min 10 hours ago, ron883 said:The only team that truly scares me is the Dodgers. I'm pulling for them to lose.TB and MIL are the two most difficult teams to beat right now in the playoffs, it's disgusting how well rounded they are from top to bottom, might as well be fielding a team of robots
14 minutes ago14 min It got dicey at the end... but finally Cleveland doesn't pull one out of their ass to beat us at the end.The Yankees are our worse AL match up and they look cooked.
11 minutes ago11 min 13 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:There’s no way this White Sox pitching staff trend isn’t going to get copied on some level. We bass ackwarded ourselves into something goodPlayoff baseball has been more and more reliant on bullpens for a while now. The Sox took it to the next level by basically saying lets lean on our strengths as much as possible and play matchups as much of the game as possible. Since 2024 MLB has been putting it out there that starting pitchers should pitch a certain amount of innings and Max Scherzer said starters should throw 100 pitches. Of course this is all nonsense. But I wouldn't put it past MLB to screw with some rules that punishes a team for utilizing openers . There are a lot of traditionalist still out there.I took an MLB survery around the All-Star game and there were a few questions about new rules for starting pitchers mostly about if ,as a fan, would I be in favor of it ? I said no because you're trying to cancel the use of analytics to help teams find an edge just like how you outlawed the shift. Plus success with it doesn't mean it can be easily duplicated. I thought there wasn't a chance that Taylor would pitch after one day of rest from going 4 innings. He certainly wasn't as crisp but managed to get some outs on hard hit balls. Ballsy move but if the Sox had lost Venable knew he'd have to shoulder the responsibility for it and went for it !
11 minutes ago11 min 1 hour ago, ron883 said:Tommy Pham crash out 🤣Pham needs to disappear. As if he hasn’t done enough ridiculously stupid stuff in his career for a reporter to think he was being serious. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt when you are a wacko. Edited 9 minutes ago9 min by WhiteSox2023
8 minutes ago8 min The White Sox on the season are now 88-78. They finally made it to 10 games above .500 .
8 minutes ago8 min 3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:Pham needs to disappear. As if he hasn’t done enough ridiculously stupid stuff in his career for a reporter to think he was being serious. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt when you are a wacko.Yeah, that is flat out embarrassing. How fucking sensitive is that dude?Vibes are good. Everybody loves this team. No need to create drama with a reporter. Edited 6 minutes ago6 min by ron883
2 minutes ago2 min 6 minutes ago, ron883 said:Yeah, that is flat out embarrassing. How fucking sensitive is that dude?Vibes are good. Everybody loves this team. No need to create drama with a reporter.no, he's our carl everett.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.