1 hour ago1 hr 15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:Not the Sox doing, in fact they probably had nothing to say in the matter. TV dictates all.Sure, I'm not complaining about the Sox, just the way the league sets this up.
1 hour ago1 hr 7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:Man he does not sound good. He sounds very slow, and struggling.In this clip, I thought he sounded pretty bad but then was pleasantly surprised with his home run call so maybe he's still got a little bit of juice in him. But he's 85 and has lived pretty hard. I've wondered/worried about how he's doing.
1 hour ago1 hr 16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:Man he does not sound good. He sounds very slow, and struggling.For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.
1 hour ago1 hr Just got out of work. Can’t wait to sit down and watch this one. I have three words of wisdom I would like to emphatically share with all of my fellow SoxTalkers.LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by AntMan26
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.I don't want it to be true, dude is a hero of mine. But he was struggling for definite sections of his thoughts. When Hawk goes, it will break me. Like losing a family member.
1 hour ago1 hr On the train home from work with time to spare so I don’t miss anything. Let’s fucking go fellas. Win today and we are fucking for Sean tonight.
1 hour ago1 hr I've only been watching the ESPN play by play and not the game. It's been working so I will keep it going.
50 minutes ago50 min 7 minutes ago, Baron said:I've only been watching the ESPN play by play and not the game. It's been working so I will keep it going.Since the playoffs started, I have only followed on gameday and the Len and DJ radio feed.....I'll check out the highlights and the celebration later. I'm not superstitious, you're superstitious 😎
49 minutes ago49 min 43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.Agree
44 minutes ago44 min 6 minutes ago, wegner said:Since the playoffs started, I have only followed on gameday and the Len and DJ radio feed.....I'll check out the highlights and the celebration later.I'm not superstitious, you're superstitious 😎We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.
41 minutes ago41 min 2 minutes ago, Baron said:We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.I’ve been loving these days off after a win
40 minutes ago40 min 51 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.There had been rumors on social media for a few years he was in really bad shape. Glad to hear he’s still willing to talk with the media.
39 minutes ago39 min 41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I don't want it to be true, dude is a hero of mine. But he was struggling for definite sections of his thoughts. When Hawk goes, it will break me. Like losing a family member.I agree that he definitely sounded his age. The guy should get a statue at the ballpark someday. He’s meant that much to this fan base over the years. Edited 37 minutes ago37 min by 77 Hitmen
38 minutes ago38 min 3 minutes ago, fathom said:I’ve been loving these days off after a winNo kidding. I've been sleeping better.
35 minutes ago35 min 5 minutes ago, fathom said:I’ve been loving these days off after a winIt's also been a huge advantage for us based on how we use our pitching staff.
33 minutes ago33 min 1 minute ago, chw42 said:It's also been a huge advantage for us based on how we use our pitching staff.Totally.Bullpens can recover and turn over with an off day. Starting pitchers need a full recovery.I wonder what is the max % of roster (and pitching staff) used in a best-of-5 playoff series. Ours has to be way up there, even accounting for the pre-DH days
24 minutes ago24 min Antonacci at DH and Grichuck in LF is definitely the way to go. I couldn't be more pleased with this move. I feel very good about this game.
23 minutes ago23 min 21 minutes ago, Baron said:We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.agreed, a 5 day break sounds nice for my health
22 minutes ago22 min Let's have a day/night!! I want to see more celebrations tonight on the post game
21 minutes ago21 min 7 hours ago, Green Line said:The pope hates AINot the Pope, AI wouldn't generate anything that suggested it was the Pope lol
16 minutes ago16 min I was very close to cancelling practice. Even worse by cell reception at this course. I'm going to be walking the him a lot to get updates.
6 minutes ago6 min 1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:I love this guy . met him out in front of the old Arlington Stadium, and he was really nice to my nephew, who I was trying to get interested in baseball . it really helped.I met him riding the escalator at Sox fest early 2000's. I put my hand on his shoulder and said "hawkeroo" he called me partner and briefly talked Florida weather..Great guy
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.