Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Not the Sox doing, in fact they probably had nothing to say in the matter. TV dictates all.

Sure, I'm not complaining about the Sox, just the way the league sets this up.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man he does not sound good. He sounds very slow, and struggling.

In this clip, I thought he sounded pretty bad but then was pleasantly surprised with his home run call so maybe he's still got a little bit of juice in him. But he's 85 and has lived pretty hard. I've wondered/worried about how he's doing.

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man he does not sound good. He sounds very slow, and struggling.

For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.

Just got out of work. Can’t wait to sit down and watch this one. I have three words of wisdom I would like to emphatically share with all of my fellow SoxTalkers.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AntMan26

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.

I don't want it to be true, dude is a hero of mine. But he was struggling for definite sections of his thoughts. When Hawk goes, it will break me. Like losing a family member.

On the train home from work with time to spare so I don’t miss anything. Let’s fucking go fellas.

Win today and we are fucking for Sean tonight.

I've only been watching the ESPN play by play and not the game. It's been working so I will keep it going.

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

I've only been watching the ESPN play by play and not the game. It's been working so I will keep it going.

Since the playoffs started, I have only followed on gameday and the Len and DJ radio feed.....I'll check out the highlights and the celebration later.

I'm not superstitious, you're superstitious 😎

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.

Agree

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Since the playoffs started, I have only followed on gameday and the Len and DJ radio feed.....I'll check out the highlights and the celebration later.

I'm not superstitious, you're superstitious 😎

We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.

I’ve been loving these days off after a win

51 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For 85 he sounds fine. Clearly not the man he was, but 85 is 85.

There had been rumors on social media for a few years he was in really bad shape. Glad to hear he’s still willing to talk with the media.

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't want it to be true, dude is a hero of mine. But he was struggling for definite sections of his thoughts. When Hawk goes, it will break me. Like losing a family member.

I agree that he definitely sounded his age.

The guy should get a statue at the ballpark someday. He’s meant that much to this fan base over the years.

Edited by 77 Hitmen

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve been loving these days off after a win

No kidding. I've been sleeping better.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve been loving these days off after a win

It's also been a huge advantage for us based on how we use our pitching staff.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

It's also been a huge advantage for us based on how we use our pitching staff.

Totally.

Bullpens can recover and turn over with an off day. Starting pitchers need a full recovery.

I wonder what is the max % of roster (and pitching staff) used in a best-of-5 playoff series. Ours has to be way up there, even accounting for the pre-DH days

Antonacci at DH and Grichuck in LF is definitely the way to go. I couldn't be more pleased with this move.

I feel very good about this game.

21 minutes ago, Baron said:

We just need to win. I need an anxiety break.

agreed, a 5 day break sounds nice for my health

Let's have a day/night!! I want to see more celebrations tonight on the post game

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

The pope hates AI

Not the Pope, AI wouldn't generate anything that suggested it was the Pope lol

I was very close to cancelling practice. Even worse by cell reception at this course. I'm going to be walking the him a lot to get updates.

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

I love this guy . met him out in front of the old Arlington Stadium, and he was really nice to my nephew, who I was trying to get interested in baseball . it really helped.

I met him riding the escalator at Sox fest early 2000's. I put my hand on his shoulder and said "hawkeroo" he called me partner and briefly talked Florida weather..Great guy

Alright I'm off here until the game is over. You guys be good. Lets win and have the boys get some R&R. We need it too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.