Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Or number 3, they were a good team that was simply young and ultimately ran out of gas.

I would agree with that. Pretty young team and hit a wall in September

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Chicago White Sox
    Chicago White Sox

    Boys, it’s do or die time tonight. I went into the home games feeling we had this series locked down, but for many reasons we failed to take advantage of a great opportunity. Attending the two home ga

  • I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • one week later “God, it’s me again”

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The Castillo trade killed us. Made us worse, poorer and precluded getting a better starting pitcher.

sounds good on paper but the shoulda woulda coulda, we have no idea. Maybe teams didn't want to give them a starter. It's not like the farm had anything since they are on the team. Plenty of speculation with no proof. Not sure the Sox are an organization that can fix Castillo.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m going to throw my phone if I keep seeing people argue Ramirez should have been walked

If you can’t score 2-3 runs, it doesn’t matter anyways.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Grant keeps missing high with the fastball.

Dude is fucking gassed

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m going to throw my phone if I keep seeing people argue Ramirez should have been walked

loser's mentality

even though the end result likely

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m going to throw my phone if I keep seeing people argue Ramirez should have been walked

Runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1st base open in that game. Why wouldn’t you walk him?

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

I think Chase is the best second baseman in the AL.

Won’t argue that, but I don’t think he’s going to improve too much on this year’s numbers

Just now, HeGetzUs said:

Runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1st base open in that game. Why wouldn’t you walk him?

Before the homer

Hey what do ya know walking Ramirez actually worked…shocker

1 minute ago, HeGetzUs said:

Runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1st base open in that game. Why wouldn’t you walk him?

earlier this game before homer

As I said, just make the other guys beat you. They can't

It has been an absolute pleasure this season gentleman. Let's keep it going. Do or Die. Time is now. LFG.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Walking bottom of the line up hitters, led to line up rotation bringing up Kwan, Ramirez and Adell, their best hitters who hurt us.

Kay hitting Martinez was brutal

Will Sox remain only team not to win a elimination game?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

earlier this game before homer

Oh I was referring to the game 3 f*** up….yeah no way you walk him and put runners on 1st and 2nd and have no outs…

Just last year, these same players don't execute that force out at home, or get out of the inning without giving up runs.

Where the F was this pitching the past two games?

Edited by SouthChicagoBorn

3 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

And a lead in both game 3 and 4

In the 6th inning in game 4 too.

Here comes the half inning that becomes a White Sox legend.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Kay hitting Martinez was brutal

Dude was so bad they played Petey Halpin today.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Kay hitting Martinez was brutal

Braden wandering miss

Meidroth-ing

confluence of everything

Just now, chw42 said:

Dude was so bad they played Petey Halpin today.

mostly for defense

Our pitching has been very good tonight. Good enough to win if our hitters had better at bats. Too bad we could not get this pitching performance in games 3 or 4 at home. 😢😢

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Won’t argue that, but I don’t think he’s going to improve too much on this year’s numbers

I can see your point about Sammy. I'm pretty high on Braden. He needs to make some swing adjustments. I also think putting on some muscle wouldn't hurt him. I do think Chase can be a Pedroia type player. I think that's his potential. And he won an MVP. I think he can hit for more power without selling out. And I think he'll learn that over time. Also Vargas has not come close to hitting the peak of his powers IMO. He's a future 30/30 guy. Hes going to be a perennial MVP candidate.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Here comes the half inning that becomes a White Sox legend.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Here comes the half inning that becomes a White Sox legend.

Acuna steals home to go up 3-2

Blowing a 6 game division lead on the Guardians, and then a 2-0 series lead with home field advantage IS an epic choke job regardless of whether this is a "real" playoff team whatever the hell that means. They were here, so they were real. As is the choke job.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.