Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I like Meidroth in the 2-spot even against a righty

Damn he had a rough few games at the end here though

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Chicago White Sox
    Chicago White Sox

    Boys, it’s do or die time tonight. I went into the home games feeling we had this series locked down, but for many reasons we failed to take advantage of a great opportunity. Attending the two home ga

  • I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • one week later “God, it’s me again”

Posted Images

Will have to pass the page now on the Sox this year. . Go Bears! The Blackhawks not looking good with Bedard out, so more pain coming.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Yup. Just wish they didn’t lose to CLEVELAND. That’s what’s really bumming me out right now. If it was Tampa or the Yankees it wouldn’t be nearly so annoying.

Yup. We barely lost the division to them and now we barely lose in the playoffs to them. Truth is, they weren't a very good team. I felt like we were the superior team in the regular season. And we were clearly the better team after 2 games. But then we decided to let Adell beat us and woke up a sleeping monster in JRam. Ramirez honestly had not done much of anything against us all season. I'm thinking most of that was because he was hurt, but he absolutely carried Cleveland these past 3 games.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Damn he had a rough few games at the end here though

Yeah I guess seeing his post season batting avg fooled me

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I like Meidroth in the 2-spot even against a righty

That’s a big no for me. Give me Vargas 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That’s a big no for me. Give me Vargas 2

Yeah that would be fine too but need someone to drive in the runs that the middle of the order didn’t

Look, this was productive. As the anti extend Vargas guy, I do think I know who stays and who goes now when Roch and Bonemer arrve, and who goes is not Vargas

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Will have to pass the page now on the Sox this year. . Go Bears! The Blackhawks not looking good with Bedard out, so more pain coming.

Pound the s%*# out of GB tomorrow

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Teel in the 2-spot kind of always boggles my mind. I know he had a hit today but still

Vargas should be in the 2 spot. Teel had a nice stretch where he and Sam were the only guys hitting so they hit them 1-2 (think it was around the St. Louis or Cleveland series). They never went away from it because we started winning again right after they did that. Analytically, it doesn't make a ton of sense to hit him 2. He's far from the best hitter on the team. He struck out way too much this year. He's also not very fast, so you run the risk of him grounding into double plays when Sam gets on in front of him.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Look, this was productive. As the anti extend Vargas guy, I do think I know who stays and who goes now when Roch and Bonemer arrve, and who goes is not Vargas

Why wouldn’t you want to extend Vargas?

1 minute ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Pound the s%*# out of GB tomorrow

It's the only thing that can make me feel better about this past week.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Look, this was productive. As the anti extend Vargas guy, I do think I know who stays and who goes now when Roch and Bonemer arrve, and who goes is not Vargas

There is no doubt at this point that Miguel Vargas is our best position player. Build around him.

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I think this is exactly where I'm at with it as well. The Montgomery boys and Mune HAVE to work on some stuff concerning plate approach and situational hitting. Bullpen pieces, some are really good. Starting pitching....LOTS of work to do there from internally and/or externally.

And for the love of all that is holy, coerce Benintendi to enjoy retirement or something, somehow.

What is very sad is that I really had very little faith that Mune would do anything with the bases loaded only down 2.....that should have been such an exciting at bat and it just wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah I guess seeing his post season batting avg fooled me

He really expanded his strike zone in these losses unfortunately but he wasn't alone.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why wouldn’t you want to extend Vargas?

Impatient move. Not necessary at this time of information gathering on other players. Next winter maybe. He was the most expensive option if people like Colson panned out. But Colson might not be panning out.

Team needs some major pitching upgrades in the offseason and somehow send Castillo to the Sun in the meantime

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup. We barely lost the division to them and now we barely lose in the playoffs to them. Truth is, they weren't a very good team. I felt like we were the superior team in the regular season. And we were clearly the better team after 2 games. But then we decided to let Adell beat us and woke up a sleeping monster in JRam. Ramirez honestly had not done much of anything against us all season. I'm thinking most of that was because he was hurt, but he absolutely carried Cleveland these past 3 games.

It was the pitching. They completely destroyed any momentum we had.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

It was the pitching. They completely destroyed any momentum we had.

The walks killed us. Hagen walked something like 7 guys this series and he was our best pitcher coming into this series. Against a Cleveland team that really wasn't hitting at all in the first 2 games, you cannot give them free bases and just expect them to never cash those in.

2 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:

Team needs some major pitching upgrades in the offseason and somehow send Castillo to the Sun in the meantime

The outlook for the off-season would be so much better without the Castillo trade. We'd also still have Boston Smith.

Without any real clues on the new CBA, I'm not sure how they'll approach free agency.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

What is very sad is that I really had very little faith that Mune would do anything with the bases loaded only down 2.....that should have been such an exciting at bat and it just wasn't.

It’s why no one offered him a better contract than the Sox did. They saw his swing and miss game in Japan.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

It was the pitching. They completely destroyed any momentum we had.

You had good pitching tonight and the offense didnt come through. If they would have gotten the big hits they needed it could have been a different series. Unfortunately I kept seeing the more short comings from the offense as the year went on more then the short comings of the pitching staff

1 minute ago, Whisox05 said:

You had good pitching tonight and the offense didnt come through. If they would have gotten the big hits they needed it could have been a different series. Unfortunately I kept seeing the more short comings from the offense as the year went on more then the short comings of the pitching staff

They gave up 18 runs in 2 games when the offense scored enough to win in at least one of those games.

Edited by almagest

What it boils down to is we walked way too many of them, which is just terrible considering they have a horrible hitting team, and we struck out way too much obviously. Our offense looked like a high school team facing major league pitching. Our hitting coach should be fired.

1 minute ago, Whisox05 said:

You had good pitching tonight and the offense didnt come through. If they would have gotten the big hits they needed it could have been a different series. Unfortunately I kept seeing the more short comings from the offense as the year went on more then the short comings of the pitching staff

To come out today after the last 2 games and still strike out 21 times is quite honestly mind boggling to me. But by all means just keep doing what isn't working guys

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.