11 hours ago11 hr 2 minutes ago, T R U said:Because Grichuk sucks, he’s just one of the handful of guys on this team that had a horseshoe up his ass this season.I can’t believe how many people really thought this team was good.Ah the classic “ha, you thought they could win? I am so smart and thought they could lose”This s%*# is dumb for seven year olds. Can’t comprehend a grown man trying to coddle himself with it.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:Of all of the dumb s%*# to be hung up on..There are plenty of things to be hung up on, Ive been pointing them out. Still, the franchise hyping up the blackout only to get laughed out of the playoffs is one of them.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, bmags said:It really sucks. It was an embarrassing loss with the strikeouts.That said I still feel like a lot of you are soft. “Oh no we lost in the ALDS let’s trade everyone that didn’t play well waaah”.I mean you obviously run back the young offensive players, and look to improve them. The pitching, however, needs an overhaul.
11 hours ago11 hr Set a record for striking out in the postseason? Fitting. Hitting coach should be canned.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:It's good overall going forward. If there isn't a different approach to our ABs with all the Chicago and national media attention all those strikeouts will have, then they will never change philosophy or change said players who refuse to change their ABs.It is humiliating, you aren't gonna generate many scoring opportunities striking out so damn much, especially in the postseason where HRs are harder to hit facing better quality pitching.CLE ended up with more HRs this series because they faced mediocre pitching vs the Sox hitters trying to hit HRs vs better pitching.Anyways, get wrecked vs TB you Cleveland clownsVery wise comments.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, Green Line said:There are plenty of things to be hung up on, Ive been pointing them out. Still, the franchise hyping up the blackout only to get laughed out of the playoffs is one of them.It is absolutely meaningless for anything but hurt feelings. Literally did not matter one iota.
11 hours ago11 hr 5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:And they split 18 games with the Sox 9-9.What was it after the deadline though when they lengthened their lineup?
11 hours ago11 hr 2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:Right... But cmon dude these approaches were badThey were aggressive all year. I guess they felt like dying with the sword. The team will evolve, add some new blood and reload. I feel confident that by 2028 the latest they will be a powerhouse
11 hours ago11 hr 2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:He was good this year but banking on a 35 year old vet to be your superstar is a bit ridiculous.Would have been the ballsiest move ever but in hindsight, Will PH'ing Grich for Mune vs a lefty with the bases loaded would have been awesome.
11 hours ago11 hr 6 minutes ago, gogowsox said:Chase’s 1st AB in Gm3 is gonna haunt me all winter longThat AB was beginning of the end absolutely.
11 hours ago11 hr Go rays. I really hate this cleveland team. Not as much as the yankees, but...If getz trades Antonacci I'm gonna be pissed. Good thing he traded away our stud pitchers for prospects so now he can trade the ones we've weeded out to get some pitching.This team seriously overachieved this season. It was really fun to watch while it lasted.
11 hours ago11 hr 2 minutes ago, bmags said:Ah the classic “ha, you thought they could win? I am so smart and thought they could lose”This s%*# is dumb for seven year olds. Can’t comprehend a grown man trying to coddle himself with it.Oh quit your whining, I’ve been calling this team bad all season.
11 hours ago11 hr 2 minutes ago, gogowsox said:Chase’s 1st AB in Gm3 is gonna haunt me all winter longAs great as Chase was this year and in the playoffs, 2 of his ABs stand out to me: him striking out against Lugo when the Sox had 2nd and 3rd 1 out in the 2nd to last game in KC (he even had a 3-1 count and Sox lost that game by 1 and losing that game cost us the division) and his strikeout in the first inning in game 3. Both very similar situations where he struck out on some really bad pitches.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:It is absolutely meaningless for anything but hurt feelings. Literally did not matter one iota.Whatever you say. I'm usually right and Im right about this too. Try something different next playoffs.. whenever that ends up being
11 hours ago11 hr BM is not automatically the starting RF next year. Guy needs a lot of work and is not ready offensively.
11 hours ago11 hr 4 minutes ago, Quin said:I do think we should acknowledge that Burke can and should get some ass.He deserves it.See what being celebate gets you? Frustrated, angry, and out of the playoffs
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, T R U said:Oh quit your whining, I’ve been calling this team bad all season.I realized the team was kind of bad in late June, early July. It was still a fun season but I had a nagging fear in my head it was going to end in massive embarrassment. They tried to do it in the regular season but the historically bad AL saved them.
11 hours ago11 hr 7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:It was 21 Ks not 20. In 9 innings at that.It was 20 when I posted that.
11 hours ago11 hr 4 minutes ago, fathom said:The veterans really choked offensivelyGrichuk's strikeout in game 4 also hurt quite a bit. He and Beni really didn't do s%*# all series. Beni at least had a big hit in the Houston series.
11 hours ago11 hr 6 outs not by strike outThat's very very very bad They looked pathetic 2 prime time games in a row
10 hours ago10 hr 2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I mean you obviously run back the young offensive players, and look to improve them. The pitching, however, needs an overhaul.In many ways they did better than I thought with their good pieces. Sean Burke was brilliant. Hagen showed he has something big to contribute. But their staff was an inch deep. So you can definitely overhaul the bottom of the pitching staff but I actually feel damn good building it up around them.I do still wish we could try to convert taylor.
10 hours ago10 hr 16 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:7 nation army is such a bad song. What is wrong with people?I like the song, but It Might Get Loud - when they're talking about Jimmy Page's creations, then have to talk about how Jack White conceived Seven Nation Army. Sad.
10 hours ago10 hr 1 minute ago, SouthChicagoBorn said:Go rays. I really hate this cleveland team. Not as much as the yankees, but...If getz trades Antonacci I'm gonna be pissed. Good thing he traded away our stud pitchers for prospects so now he can trade the ones we've weeded out to get some pitching.This team seriously overachieved this season. It was really fun to watch while it lasted.This was a fun season overall. After watching the last 3 seasons it was refreshing to watch the young guys play hard and get into the playoffs. Way better than expected. The ending however………….
10 hours ago10 hr 7 minutes ago, bmags said:Why can’t they win a World Series then?Cleveland has the arms, their hitting is near the bottom. They'll get exposed now facing quality pitching with teams that can score runs.The typical score in the TB vs CLE series will be something like 4-2 TB on top. I don't expect many high scoring games but TB will definitely send Cleveland packing.4-1 TB advances Edited 10 hours ago10 hr by MexSoxFan#1
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.