The Official Send Cotts Back to AAA Thread

AngelasDaddy0427

Oh I know, I've been here; seen all the same threads.  It's going to happen; I'm not sure why but some people believe we should go 162-0 and win the World Series every year.  They forget this is the real world, and even the Yankees lose at least 60 games a season.

Yup exactly, everyone hates when the sox lose and some games hurt more then others, but get used to it, it's baseball teams are going to lose games, I do agree with jreed that these dumb threads after every lose have to stop....UNBELIEVABLE. :ph34r:

Jeckle2000 know what

:headbang

I was waiting for one of these reactionary threads to come up. It's hilarious at this point. I got spared from watching the last 7 1/2 innings of the game, but I still don't think Cotts is bad. He deserves another chance as a starter because what else are we going to do?

I picture a thread by a Sox player that is titled "Send Bashing-Fan back to grade school official thread; I wanted to be the first to say it"

and the post would say:

The kid is too green!

He will never be a real Major League Fan...

And to think other posters were turning a corner and would of been true fans so easily.

I hate having inferior teams to those of these inferior teams.

Hopefully some other fans can get it done tomorrow...

I get tired of the over the top bashing of players after a less than thrilling performance. We have enough drama queens over-emoting in their posting with histrionics that we may as well set up a theatre troupe. ;)

A thread or post expressing disappointment with a player's performance is always acceptable, this is sox talk after all, but it can be said that simply: "damn, I was disappointed with so and so today" rather than some of the rip and bash stuff we get.

Just my opinion.

Ignore me as usual. ;)

I picture a thread by a Sox player that is titled "Send Bashing-Fan back to grade school official thread; I wanted to be the first to say it"

and the post would say:

The kid is too green!

He will never be a real Major League Fan...

And to think other posters were turning a corner and would of been true fans so easily.

I hate having inferior teams to those of these inferior teams.

Hopefully some other fans can get it done tomorrow...

I get tired of the over the top bashing of players after a less than thrilling performance.  We have enough drama queens over-emoting in their posting with histrionics that we may as well set up a theatre troupe. ;)

A thread or post expressing disappointment with a player's performance is always acceptable, this is sox talk after all, but it can be said that simply: "damn, I was disappointed with so and so today" rather than some of the rip and bash stuff we get.

Just my opinion.

Ignore me as usual. ;)

wha? did someone say something? ;)

j/k :lol:

i completely agree with cw and think it would be funny as hell if i woke up tomorrow and read a thread started by cotts asking us to send jeckle2000 back to grade school. even if cotts doesn't work out in the 5 spot (i hope he does :headbang ) there's no way i'm sending him down. he'd go right back in the 'pen and light it up as a reliever again... :headbang

To be totally honest the only reason I did this because most of you did the same thing to poor Felix Diaz and the guy was really turning a corner.

I mean really there was no real chance for Cotts to be sucessful since we were going against the twins ace anyway.

They didnt do that to Felix Diaz. I did & I'm not offering any apologies.

Neil Cotts got used as a tee ball stand for sure tonight but I know he's better than that. If he goes out & gets slapped around again I might not be so sure and the bashing will start from me.

Right now Cotts is not starter material. I knew it, everybody here knew it & Ozzie Guillen knew it but it's not as though he had already thrown 100 pitches & was getting tired. He went out there & right from the get go was being slapped around by Minnesota.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a man in his position should be able to go 2-3 innings without getting slammed like that right? I would not be so pissed if he gave up only 1-2 runs but 4?!?!?

For those who say Cotts was thrown to the wolves I say Bulls***! The plan was for him to go 3 innings or so & then come out. They were at least realistic in that but who knew he would blow it so bad.

I took this out of another thread. Update on DW

Injury update, Part II: After Thursday's examination by Dr. James Andrews, it was decided that Dan Wright will have his condition re-evaluated in two weeks. Wright, on Charlotte's disabled list since last weekend, had a precautionary MRI on both his right elbow and right shoulder.

Wright struggled both for the White Sox and the Knights. He was 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA in Chicago before being sent down on May 1, and his ERA approached 30.00 in two starts for Charlotte. He will not pitch in the interim.

2 Points:

1- I do not entirely disagree with Jeckle. I just think Cotts should go back to the bullpen, not Charlotte.

2- I am getting tired of people going nuts when someone wants to rant on a player. Nuke was upset at Diaz, everyone flips a s***. Jeckle is upset at Cotts, everyone is upset. Regardless of Jeckle's track record as a poster, he has every right to post this thread.

If you don't agree with sending Cotts down, don't post. But give me a f***ing break, let people speak their mind. The Sox got s*** on 9-1, there is going to be some negative threads. Deal with it.

hawk was trying to give him props all game but then cotts would do something stupid and he'd have to rip him.

i don't care what he says about "you never want to speed the hitter's bats up," if you think you can only rely on a 92-94 mph fastball to get the job done, you are kidding yourself. cotts needs another pitch BAD.

2 Points:

1- I do not entirely disagree with Jeckle.  I just think Cotts should go back to the bullpen, not Charlotte.

2- I am getting tired of people going nuts when someone wants to rant on a player.  Nuke was upset at Diaz, everyone flips a s***.  Jeckle is upset at Cotts, everyone is upset.  Regardless of Jeckle's track record as a poster, he has every right to post this thread.

If you don't agree with sending Cotts down, don't post.  But give me a f***ing break, let people speak their mind.  The Sox got s*** on 9-1, there is going to be some negative threads.  Deal with it.

i was reading this and i totally agree send cotts to the bullpen he was solid as a reliever hopefully this won't screw him up. and so jeckle was a little angry its not a big deal everybody gets angry. heck i typed in capslock for like 8 months before i calmed down.

i go to the chatrooms all the time and this is standard jeckle he thinks willie harris and rowand are the best players and everyone else sucks so i wasnt even going to bother reading this thread until i figured out i had nothing else to do  :bang

Aaron Rowand is the best player...d'uh!

i go to the chatrooms all the time and this is standard jeckle he thinks willie harris and rowand are the best players and everyone else sucks so i wasnt even going to bother reading this thread until i figured out i had nothing else to do  :bang

Actually I got off the Aaron rowand bandwagon about 2 weeks ago.

It got lonely since I was the only one still on it.

I think the timing of sending Cotts out there to pitch is what has to be looked at, we did the same thing to him last year when we were crushing the yankees and then our season fell apart. We kick the crap out of the twins for the first 2 games of this series, become tied for first and bring a young arm out of the bullpen for his first start of the season. I do not know what the answer would be for this situation but it obviously wans't wise to send him out there. And Radke just pitched 1 hell of a game and I tip my cap to him. I really hope Cotts can become a solid starter in the future.

A thread or post expressing disappointment with a player's performance is always acceptable

Is that right, CW? Does SoxTalk permit breathing, too? Consider my mind blown....:lol:

I think Diaz f***ing sucked. I liked that he got a chance to show what he could do. I hated what he actually did. No contradiction. No inappropriateness. He blew and got the fans' wrath as a justified reacton.

Cotts f***ing sucked as well. He was good in ST. He was very good in BP until that pitch to Josh Phelps. On Sat, he was really bad. No excuses. He gets another chance, but there will be no sugar-coating as to his buckling under pressure in the s***holedome.

In general........I pay their salaries. I expect results. It's been 86 years, afterall.

So yeah, I reserve the right to bash the players' performance how and how long I choose. Ya dig?

(Jeckil2000 is a dumbass for sure, so don't associate my remarks with his)

The kid is too green!

He will never be a real Major League Starter...

And to think Diaz was turning a corner and would of won this game so easily.  :headshake

I hate losing to these inferior teams.

Hopefully Garland can get it done tomarrow...

bleep you... you bleeping bleeper of a bleeping bleep! :lol: :bringit