Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best retaliation would be the Sox winning the division...

I should hope that is not the only reason we decide to win the division. And if we do win the division, I would bet none of the Twins will sit there and think "Oh...you guys won to get back at us for Torri hitting your catcher???".

I should hope that is not the only reason we decide to win the division. And if we do win the division, I would bet none of the Twins will sit there and think "Oh...you guys won to get back at us for Torri hitting your catcher???".

No way would it be the only reason, but if the Sox do win the division, the Twinks might shut up for a few months (that would be the only reason! :P)!

Edited by Queen Prawn

Rowand said that Hunter wont be hit. He was on the score with Bores and Bernstein and said the best retaliation would be taking out a player on a double play or plowing a catcher at the plate not hitting Hunter. He sounded pretty pissed to me but maybe he's just pissed at the hosts.

How many of you think if it were Miguel Olivo that got hit there would've been a lot more concern and frustration from the players as well as retaliation that same night?

I think if it were Miguel he would have gotten up off of the ground and kicked his ass himself. :ph34r:

I saw a quote in the paper where he said that he was "just doing his job" and that he was trying to shake the ball loose from Burke.

From the damn replay you could see that Burke was standing well in front of home plate towand the pitchers round and there was no excuse for that even happening.

Ozzie should be fired for saying that if one of our players did that he would be "high fiveing his players."

Just makes me puke all around :puke

I saw a quote in the paper where he said that he was "just doing his job" and that he was trying to shake the ball loose from Burke.

From the damn replay you could see that Burke was standing well in front of home plate towand the pitchers round and there was no excuse for that even happening.

Ozzie should be fired for saying that if one of our players did that he would be "high fiveing his players."

Just makes me puke all around :puke

Yes we would Jeckle. It's part of the game. Just bean the Mutha F...r in his next at bat and if he wants to rumble fine. He'll know why he's beaned. It's part of the game EOS

Anybody have a running count on how many times Jeckle has said Ozzie should be fired for something?

At least once a day since he's been hired?

I was going to post the same thing. Jeckle thinks we should fire Ozzie, say, about September of last year.

Oh wait, different manager... :ph34r:

Yes we would Jeckle. It's part of the game. Just bean the Mutha F...r in his next at bat and if he wants to rumble fine. He'll know why he's beaned. It's part of the game EOS

I think throwing at a guy's head .... under almost any circumstance ... is a bit drastic. I remember hearing the sickening thud of a ball hitting Tony Conigliaro all too well to ever call for that kind of response.

You should have hit him Jackson! I thought you were cool.

Every unbiased (not Harrelson, Melton or DJ) baseball commentator said that the collision was well within the rules and Hunter simply showed that he and his team have the heart and desire to win the game and the division. Even Burke himself congratulated Hunter on a good hard play.

Hitting Hunter or anybody else was just being a crying sissy. Anybody who advocated it knows nothing about playing baseball (or is such a homer on TV that they have to say it).

The best way to show the Sox's heart and to rally the team and the fans was to win the next game. Going out, once again, and getting their ass handed to them showed the Sox right now lack talent and heart.