Rumor: Sox & Dodgers talking trade

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
How would this make sense, we'd have 6 starters.

Maybe if Gooch is going to play SS, moving Uribe to 3B and putting Willie at 2B.

Still wouldn't understand having 6 starters though, unless we can pawn off Garland on another team and get a 3B in return.

How about a three way deal with the Angels? Dodgers get Crede, Angels get Weaver, Sox get Chone Figgins.

Don't know about the Dodgers or Angels, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

:headbang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
How about a three way deal with the Angels?  Dodgers get Crede, Angels get Weaver, Sox get Chone Figgins.

Don't know about the Dodgers or Angels, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

:headbang

I don't think they would either, but ya, I'd do that.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
I agree this is crap. But to cross-thread here, it would return a key figure in the Sox Tigers fight. Maybe Weaver could plunk Ordonez and start another fight.

Spin Weaver off on someone...It's not hard to trade a good SP to someone. Hinske is the odd-man out. Pick him up, and then spin Weaver off on someone. Weaver's trade value is much higher than Crede's at the moment. If the Dodgers were to do this, then do it. People have been bickering about Crede and how he hasn't done crap here, well now is the chance to trade him for someone good, and everyone is barking at it. I, for one, would do it in a heartbeat, and figure out somewhere to fill Crede's MVP like production...

Spin Weaver off on someone...It's not hard to trade a good SP to someone.  Hinske is the odd-man out.  Pick him up, and then spin Weaver off on someone.  Weaver's trade value is much higher than Crede's at the moment.  If the Dodgers were to do this, then do it.  People have been bickering about Crede and how he hasn't done crap here, well now is the chance to trade him for someone good, and everyone is barking at it.  I, for one, would do it in a heartbeat, and figure out somewhere to fill Crede's MVP like production...

$$$$$

Crede doesn't make that much, Weaver makes big coin, $7M or more. Sox would not do this deal, they cannot pick up this much payroll.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
$$$$$

Crede doesn't make that much, Weaver makes big coin, $7M or more.  Sox would not do this deal, they cannot pick up this much payroll.

I wouldn't see the Sox keep Weaver around....I think he would be traded right away. As someone mentioned, Toronto would be a good fit with Hinske available and maybe a pen arm or a couple of good prospects or whatnot...

Or, if Jerry wants to spend the money, let him...

The White Sox have five starters on Jan 30th. Big deal. If somebody gets hurts. Somebody isn't pitching well. What then?? Better to have more of something than less. I would rather have 6 starters than 4. And when El Do nothing proves he's a fraud we'll all be screaming for another starter.

But I'm not a Weaver fan.

Also when Jim McMahon was with the SD Chargers be blew snot on T J Simers because McMahon didn't like some of the things Simers wrote. Proving once again what a jerk McMahon really was.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Is Eric Hinske any better than Crediocre? He makes a lot more money as of now and has produuced marginally better. I think Eric will wind up in Cinci sooner or later.

That's unlikely to happen considering they have Sean Casey at 1st, and they signed Joe Randa to play 3rd base.

I live in LA, and haven't heard anything out here about this rumor. I doubt it will happen, because of the money, but this would be a GREAT trade for the Sox. That's a lot of value for Crede, who doesn't really have a lot of value, but this is dependent on too many things to happen. You never know, though... DePodesta is blowing up the Dodgers, and Kenny may be in position to swing a great deal.

QUOTE(SABRSox @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
I live in LA, and haven't heard anything out here about this rumor.  I doubt it will happen, because of the money, but this would be a GREAT trade for the Sox.  That's a lot of value for Crede, who doesn't really have a lot of value, but this is dependent on too many things to happen.  You never know, though... DePodesta is blowing up the Dodgers, and Kenny may be in position to swing a great deal.

not happening. oh, and i live in LA as well.

About Nakamura, if the Sox did indeed bid to negotiate with him (and that's if, which is very unlikely), here's how much he'll settle to play for;

One such report said that in order to fulfill his dream of playing in the major leagues, Nakamura would be willing to play for about $500,000 annually -- a 90 percent cut from his 2004 salary with the Kintetsu Buffaloes, roughly $5 million.

This trade only makes sense with more pcs. Weaver + Nakamuru + cash for Crede + Contreras. The cash is equal to what Nakamuru would cost the Sox.

I can see where this rumor originated. The LA Times mentioned the Sox as one of the teams bidding for Nakamuru. He's projected to be no better than an average everyday player. He's expected to sign a minor league deal & then have to earn a spot on the roster.

Money wise it would make sense for the Sox. They get out from Contreras 06 cost, deal away another BorASS client, & pick up Weaver & cash for about the same cost as Contra. Odd as this sounds Weaver has more experience than the mid-30 Contra.

The Sox would not make this deal unless they thought Naku or someone else was ready to come in & play 3B w/out weaking the middle IF.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

The Sox are high on Crede - and with good reason.

They aren't trading for another starting pitcher - and definitely not Weaver if they do.

If a starting pitcher goes down during the season, they could always trade Crede then.

I doubt they are going to take a chance on the Jap. 3rd baseman - they have not even seen Iguchi play yet and don't know for sure if he'll pan out.