The Big Hurt about to be recalled

CSF

I just heard the good news on the Score as well. Ya think Kenny and Ozzie noticed the corpseball going on? Wow, we were all just expecting the Choadinator to be brought up but getting Frank back instead is awesome. I'm going to the game on Wednesday against the Angels so I hope Frank will be playing! :headbang

Edited by Jabroni

"Sox probably will reactivate Thomas

If Big Hurt feels OK, he'll be back at Cell on Monday"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

A day after manager Ozzie Guillen had made it sound like Thomas wasn't running well enough for his roster, general manager Ken Williams dropped some surprising news about Thomas' return during the long rain delay that preceded Saturday's postponement against the Rangers.

"Frank's going to call me after [Triple-A Charlotte's] game tonight, and if he tells me the same thing he did two days ago, that he feels great … I'm going to make the call to bring him back."

You should have seen the size of Williams' eyes when a reporter asked him if thought Guillen would have trouble fitting Thomas into the lineup.

"He is Frank Thomas," Williams said, with emphasis. "We might want him in the lineup."

Williams says Thomas already is running well enough to beat Paul Konerko in a footrace. That might be damning with faint praise, but it says he thinks Thomas should not be noticeably slower after surgery than he was before.

"He's cutting [on the bases], going first to third," Williams said. "He's not clogging the bases. That's how it is described."

:lolhitting

Edited by Jabroni

LF  Scott Podsednik

2B  Tadahito Iguchi

DH  FRANK THOMAS

1B  Paul Konerko

C   A.J. Pierzynski

RF  Jermaine Dye

CF  Aaron Rowand

3B  Joe Crede

SS  Juan Uribe

:unsure:  :huh:  :o    *splooges*

wow! now only if gload can learn some solid RF skills he can spell Dye vs. tough rightys.

oh yeah that guy carl can uh.. get some pt once he got his body back.

Edited by doUrememberwhen

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
wow!  now only if gload can learn some solid RF skills he can spell Dye vs. tough rightys.

No. Gload wasn't very good in RF before his (throwing) shoulder inflammation.

Gload is a slick fielding first baseman who can spell Konerko vs. tough righties.

Carl can spell Dye every once in a while, as well as Frank when he needs a rest.

"That ball's hit deep to left field...way back...he looks up you can put it on the board...y-yes! Number 437 for Frank Thomas, and the Sox lead it 3-0!"

Oh sorry...was fantasizing.

If he's in our lineup on monday...I don't care if he goes 0-6...let's make him come out for a curtain call. Or two.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
I really, really, really, really, really wish I could go to the game on Monday unfortunately I got some dumb family dinner so I have to settle for Tuesday, can't wait to see Frank back in the lineup.

loser

j/k

Damn, I'm just excited to see Frank. No need to take your time to adjust, Big Hurt. Just get in there and do what you're capable of...

To me, I hope he can keep that OBP up above .400, that's the key stat with him for me. Give Paulie more RBI situations and better pitches to see, and things should hopefully fall into order.

I just hope everyone will PLEASE allow for an adjustment period before flipping out if Frank doesn't shoot out of the gate right away.

Frank will be Frank ( probably not the Frank of old - sorry DePloderer, but you missed the most dominant offensive force of the early 1990's :D ), but he's going to provide a LOT of offense before this season is done.

I'm going tomorrow, so I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hope Big Frank returns against the Halos!

:headbang #35!!!! :headbang

:notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
You mean I might finaly get to see him hit? I hope he can live up to the hype you fellas are giving him. I am realy looking forward to it.

Yeah, that's us, always hyping guys who don't pan out.

This is Frank f***ing Thomas. Get ready for one long ass standing ovation.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
I just hope everyone will PLEASE allow for an adjustment period before flipping out if Frank doesn't shoot out of the gate right away.

Frank will be Frank ( probably not the Frank of old - sorry DePloderer, but you missed the most dominant offensive force of the early 1990's  :D ), but he's going to provide a LOT of offense before this season is done.

I'm going tomorrow, so I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hope Big Frank returns against the Halos!

:headbang #35!!!!  :headbang

:notworthy  :notworthy

He doesn't go 4 for 4 in his 1st game, I will be ripping him personally as will countless others on here. It's the Sox Way. ;)

I, for one have been a huge Frank Thomas fan since he first came up. As of now though, my concern is that everyone is saying that we need another bat to spark the offense (in which we do), but so far, our middle of the line up is batting somewhere around a total of 220. Frank is batting that as of now, and it's against minoe league pitching as well. I hope we see Frank tear the ball apart, but so far there is a lot of hype of him coming to help the team, when in reality he hasn't shown yet that he can even hit guys that have half as good as stuff as major leaguers. I think he will be a great emotional boost to the team, but whether that helps spark the rest of the line-up, only time will tell. Also, what will everyones reaction be if 2 weeks go by and the heart of our lineup is still at 220? I agree with one other poster, who said that if Frank doesn't live up to the hype that is on him, I believe that fans/media will rip him apart. JUST HIT THE HECK OUT OF THE BALL FRANK, SO MY REPLY TURNS INTO NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF HERE-SAY!!!!!!

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
Yeah, that's us, always hyping guys who don't pan out.

This is Frank f***ing Thomas. Get ready for one long ass standing ovation.

He's gonna be so f***ing pumped at the plate in his first plate appearance, he'll probably get a 2 minute ovation, one of the loudest you've ever heard.

1st pitch ball outside

2nd pitch fastball outside corner Frank watches it to the glove

3rd pitch fastball over the plate Frank swings and misses with a giant swing (Frank Calms down)

4th pitch breaking ball low off the outside corner at the knees

5th pitch he trys to bust Frank inside with a fastball at the belt but Frank clears the hips and hurts it. Out to left field. Standing Ovation. Curtain Call.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
He's gonna be so f***ing pumped at the plate in his first plate appearance, he'll probably get a 2 minute ovation, one of the loudest you've ever heard.

1st pitch ball outside

2nd pitch fastball outside corner Frank watches it to the glove

3rd pitch fastball over the plate Frank swings and misses with a giant swing (Frank Calms down)

4th pitch breaking ball low off the outside corner at the knees

5th pitch he trys to bust Frank inside with a fastball at the belt but Frank clears the hips and hurts it. Out to left field. Standing Ovation. Curtain Call.

I'd love to see that happen.