*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
man, i am the s***... I just picked up Chavez yesterday and hes already producing.

you must be in a pretty pathetic league to see someone have dropped chavez this early in the season

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
you must be in a pretty pathetic league to see someone have dropped chavez this early in the season

That's what I was gonna say. Wow, you better be beating the team who dropped Chavez, the manger is obviously a dumbass.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
That's what I was gonna say. Wow, you better be beating the team who dropped Chavez, the manger is obviously a dumbass.

someone in my league dropped Chavez, and I picked him up right after I checked to make sure he didn't suffer a debilitating injury.

I just checked the log, he was dropped May 13, and I picked him up May 16. I can't believe he was available so long, and I haven't used him much, just when there are good matchups, I'm waiting for him to come out of the slump he's in before I put him at 3B for Brandon Inge.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
is that person and idiot

Not necessarily, he's on my team and he's been slumping horribly the last few weeks. With that said he's still in my starting lineup lol.

To make this post have some Chavez related relevance...I don't want him. Too risky. A lot of salary, a lot of cost in getting him, and he's hitting like s*** this year. With that said he'd likely do better in a better lineup.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Not necessarily, he's on my team and he's been slumping horribly the last few weeks. With that said he's still in my starting lineup lol.

To make this post have some Chavez related relevance...I don't want him. Too risky. A lot of salary, a lot of cost in getting him, and he's hitting like s*** this year. With that said he'd likely do better in a better lineup.

if we got rid of konerko at the end of the year we would have enough money

(there not alot of posting going on tonight is there)

What I would like to see happen.

Crede ( Boras client, won't be resigned) and Paulie ( bad hip, called out Uribe when he should've supported him especially against the Cubs, big contract , 1 dimensional) get hot. Increases trade value.

Chavez get warm. To reassure that he's coming around.

Keep BMac. (pitching and defense key to the new era Sox)

Get Chavez (for Crede and minor leaguers, we eat the contract)

Trade Konerko ( for good fielding 1st baseman who hits decent and a relief pitcher if we we can get that much since he will be a free agent , Chavez and Paulie's contracts basically cancel each other out ).

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Trade Konerko ( for good fielding 1st baseman who hits decent and a relief pitcher if we we can get that much since he will be a free agent , Chavez and Paulie's contracts basically cancel each other out ).

Konerko may be a one-dimensional slug, but how would you justify to the fans trading one of our main power sources, in a pennant race, when lack of offense would be the sole reason for acquiring Chavez?

Last offseaon would have been the ideal time to trade Konerok for a relief pitcher, defensive 1st baseman.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Konerko may be a one-dimensional slug, but how would you justify to the fans trading one of our main power sources, in a pennant race, when lack of offense would be the sole reason for acquiring Chavez?

Last offseaon would have been the ideal time to trade Konerok for a relief pitcher, defensive 1st baseman.

Is Konerko a solid contributor to our offense? I think at this point in the season you'd have to say no.