Griffey Rumor

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Griffey tonight, 3-5 with a homer.  Average up to .298.  A hitter hitting almost .300, who woulda thought that was possible?

What the hell was with that throw to the ground..? :huh

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
I didn't hear all the details, but Brooooooooooooth Levine just said on AM1000 that there's still some life in a Griffey deal, and if he signs off on it the deal could be done in the next couple of days.

I thought the whole KG2 thing was dead?

Don't you realize what you've done!!!!???? :lol: :lol: :P

Hurry up and delete this before someone reads it.

It's over gang. Over. Not happening.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I didn't hear all the details, but Brooooooooooooth Levine just said on AM1000 that there's still some life in a Griffey deal, and if he signs off on it the deal could be done in the next couple of days.

I thought the whole KG2 thing was dead?

Oh God. Life because Levine says so in order to get his mug on TV? Lock this thread now.

I heard this on another station as well, but I can't remember where. It was earlier this morning. They said that the Griffey Jr. trade is not only back on but HOT as hell. They have agreed on the players involved (maybe Brian Anderson? his night last night may have made believers of some) in the trade and the WHITE SOX have agreed to pay even more of Junior's salary. If Griffey will agree to come here and Linder signs off on the deal we can see Griffey as early as Monday. This would be absolutely unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I heard this on another station as well, but I can't remember where. It was earlier this morning. They said that the Griffey Jr. trade is not only back on but HOT as hell. They have agreed on the players involved (maybe Brian Anderson? his night last night may have made believers of some) in the trade and the WHITE SOX have agreed to pay even more of Junior's salary. If Griffey will agree to come here and Linder signs off on the deal we can see Griffey as early as Monday. This would be absolutely unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way that Anderson passes through waivers. There's just no way it happens. He'd get claimed 1 team into the process.

well... it looks like Griffeytalk.com is up and running again.

Folks, I would adore Griffey, but until someone other than Levine says it, can we drop it? If Linder wouldn't trade him a month ago, he sure wouldn't now with the tear he has been on. Everytime Griff hits another homerun, chalk that up as less of a chance to get him.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Don't you realize what you've done!!!!???? :lol:  :lol:  :P

Hurry up and delete this before someone reads it.

It's over gang.  Over.  Not happening.

stop it I still want it to happen, I need this badly. My bi polar mind depends on it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)

bench Brian Anderson right now! Don't let him hit again until the deadline passes.

Ahhhh! The Jr. madness is back again. We have 4 days left to get him for the playoff roster. He has been hot as hell lately which can either hurt us or help us. Jr. would obviously be a BIG boost right now and bring more fans out to the park IMO. At least we always know that KW is trying whether or not he gets things done.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
I've come to grips with the fact that we're not getting Griffey.  What I really want to know is who we are really going to get.  It's sorely obvious we need someone, and you can't tell me that there's absolutely nobody out there that we can't get.

Interesting point especially since Crede is now hurt. You know something will happen even if Griffey is not the one.