White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Freddie sucked, Hermy sucked, so many guys sucked. We had a chance to get two more runs when Pods made the out.

We are playing bad baseball and if we don't win the division we deserve what we get.

Total national mockery and criticism.

I blame the players. Not Oz. Freddie was horses*** against a pathetic team.

This doesn't bode well cause now Jon and Mark will probably suck in their next starts also. Those 3 are the keys to our seasodn.

You're right about Freddie....He gets so complacent against bad teams and nibbles them to death but against good teams, he comes right at them....

And yes, if they blow this division and don't even make the wild card, we deserve the crap that comes along with it....

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Buehrle needs to step up tomorrow, neither Garcia or Hermanson did tonite.

I'll say this again, like I did to dad the other day.

"Before the Sox get anywhere and win something, everyone on that 25 man roster needs their head out of their asses."

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
WHY is it that our starting pitching staff all of the sudden has been so DAMN TERRIBLE lately?  Every single one of them!  What is going on with them?  They better wise up, wake up and start pitching like there's no tomorrow; otherwise, we will never see OUR postseason this year! 

GOT 9 RUNS AND STILL LOST TO THE LOWLY ROYALS! :angry:

Contreras has been good....And damned if they didn't try blowing last night's on him....

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
WHY is it that our starting pitching staff all of the sudden has been so DAMN TERRIBLE lately?  Every single one of them!  What is going on with them?  They better wise up, wake up and start pitching like there's no tomorrow; otherwise, we will never see OUR postseason this year! 

GOT 9 RUNS AND STILL LOST TO THE LOWLY ROYALS! :angry:

Some people might argue they've hit the wall after throwing so many pitches all season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
If Hermanson is the closer...you put Hermanson in and you give him the game to win or lose.  I won't fault Ozzie on that one.  It's a closer's job to be able to, you know, close games.

Garcia should never have come out for the 6th.  You're right on that one.  But Hermanson had the 9th, good or ill.

Yeah that 's Hermansonsn's job agreed Ozzie will pull some guys right away like did he not pull Cotts when he thought he didn't have it didn't pull Garcia, he didn't have it in the sixth and Hermanson got Sweeney then couldn't harldly throw a strike and those that he did throw got hit. YOu tell me those royals that got hits weren't exactly all stars. :huh

I don't understand why Freddie failed us tonight.

He knows his last outing sucked and we needed him. He got all that run support.

Why are these guys not playing like they did earlier in the season?

It's supposed to be time to step up. Thanks to the Trib for printing our magic number in June. It's a marathon of a season and right now we are going nowhere fast.

Freddie should be fined for tonight's game. Donate tonight's salary to Hurridcane Relief. I'm sure he made about 40,000 minimum tonight.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I wish we hadn't won 1 zillion games in a row early and built a 15 game lead because it is not fun simply trying to hang on.

Well perhaps, this HUGE bump on the road will make us prepare better for the playoff; that is, if we make it. This divisional race is just too CLOSE for comfort. Man, how I wish we can have over two digits leading our division right now!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Well perhaps, this HUGE bump on the road will make us prepare better for the playoff; that is, if we make it.  This divisional race is just too CLOSE for comfort.  Man, how I wish we can have over two digits leading our division right now!

I am sure that games against teams that will lose 100 games in September are good primers for the playoffs.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Let's see how much of a big game pitcher Buehrle is tomorrow.

He needs to solidfy himself as an "ace" and squash these discussions of a possible collapse. However, let's remember who we're up against tomorrow--CY GREINKE. Could be yet another series loss KC.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Well perhaps, this HUGE bump on the road will make us prepare better for the playoff; that is, if we make it.  This divisional race is just too CLOSE for comfort.  Man, how I wish we can have over two digits leading our division right now!

Well, I guess that's what we have to hope for now...that Ozzie will sit people down, maybe do some screaming, break a lamp or something, and this team will suddenly wake up and realize that they just haven't had their foot on the gas pedal for the last month, and they need to put it back on.

God I hope so. This thing could go either way right now. We need a big game performance from Buehrle tomorrow. Hell, we could use a no hitter. We need people to start stepping it up RIGHT NOW. Especially on that pitching staff.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
10 runs to KC ......this is nuts .......If Hermanson back hurts so much sit the f*** down.......Nobody is losing comeback games to KC ........Dye wake up! :angry:

If Hermanson's back is bothering him as much as it seemed tonight, he needs a lot of extra time off.

Hopefully it was just rust, but it sure seems like he's not feeling well enough to keep going.