Official Game Thread, Sox vs. Royals, 9/15/05

Balta1701

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, these last two games have been surreal. The team was gutless, MB pitched OK, but not the dominant performance this team needed.

Likely they scratch a win out in Minnesota and Cleveland sweeps KC... so 2.5 game lead going into the series against Cleveland with Cleveland hot as hell and Sox stumbling over themselves.... lead may be gone by Wed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Pods is so overrated, it's not even funny.  Oh well, keep up hope.  The season's not over.

You can say that again. A case can be made that his dissapointing year last year was more productive than this one. He is one of the least productive .290 hitters you will ever see. As soon as he gets to the point where he can't steal at least 30 bases a season, and judging by the last couple of months that time isn't far off, he will be selling insurance. He's signed through next season, so he's got another year to show somebody he's worth a roster spot, but I'm with you, I would love for some team to think they have to have him and give KW a call.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Thank god that we rested Gooch. 

Keep playing your horses Ozzie.  If they dont want to play, then you bench them.

No s***, Gooch was the most impressive hitter yesterday, so we sit him??? Makes no sense at all, Now we have a must win situation against the team in our division that we have the worst record against

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
You can say that again. A case can be made that his dissapointing year last year was more productive than this one. He is one of the least productive .290 hitters you will ever see. As soon as he gets to the point where he can't steal at least 30 bases a season, and judging by the last couple of months that time isn't far off, he will be selling insurance. He's signed through next season, so he's got another year to show somebody he's worth a roster spot, but I'm with you, I would love for some team to think they have to have him and give KW a call.

:huh:

Nothing would please Minny more than spoiling our playoff chances. I expect to only win 1 up there in Minny. Cleveland should take 2 of 3 (at minimum) from KC (something we should've done). So that will bring our lead down to 3.5 going into this HUGE series vs Cleveland. Those 3 games will be our playoffs. Its as simple as that. If we lose that series- than we won't make the playoffs. I got playoff tickets too :(

:pray please make the playoffs. please starting winning. please stop f***ing up.

Likely they scratch a win out in Minnesota and Cleveland sweeps KC... so 2.5 game lead going into the series against Cleveland with Cleveland hot as hell and Sox stumbling over themselves.... lead may be gone by Wed.

So sad, but so true.

Bye bye White Sox we hate to see you go.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
No s***, Gooch was the most impressive hitter yesterday, so we sit him??? Makes no sense at all, Now we have a must win situation against the team in our division that we have the worst record against

As if Willie did bad today? Pods would've scored in the first inning if not for his poor attempt at stealing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Why,and more importantly HOW, are you still here?

I wanted to adress this mess from yesterday. We have been more strict on personal attacks lately, and many of you have noticed that. Many more posts have been being edited, and some people have been suspended. That being said, this behavior yesterday went way past that. There was an obvious attempt to troll and to start fights and arguements. This goes way past the personal attack policy, and his punishment has reflected that. As always if there are any questions or concerns you can PM me or anyone else on staff here.

Thanks SS