"I just knew 'we' were going to come back"

Greg Hibbard

I got this email from a casual baseball fan this morning. 2 years ago, when the Cubs were in the CS, she adopted the Cubs and were saying how much they'd always followed the Cubs. Now she's saying "Wow! I can't believe we won!"

So I confronted her with "what gives!"

"I've always been a white sox fan...my dad is a huge fan and has tickets to a game"

YEAH BUT I DATED YOU THREE YEARS AGO AND YOU WOULDN'T EVEN WATCH THE SOX GAMES WITH ME

:bang :bang :bang

anyone else have any funny stories about people jumping on the bandwagon?

Being in Austin, there aren't a lot of Sox fans, so I'm taking any bandwagon jumpers I can. I was out with three Cub fans on Saturday. Two Red Sox fans during the CS. And a Yankees fan during the DS.

Ich, after the World Series is over, I'm gonna have to take a shower. I feel dirty.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
The bandwagon here damned near tipped over from the people jumping on it.

All the Cub fans I know, are like, "I doesn't really bother me."

BS!

A few others I know say, "When the last out is recorded, my TV goes off and I will not get a newspaper for a week."

After Sunday's game my Mother-In-Law told my wife to tell me she is now a Sox fan. She was always a little impartial to both teams and didn't have a side. But she that game Sunday was so much fun, and she liked the players so much, that now she is on my side.

Her husband is a lifelong Cub's fan...so I'm sure he is thrilled. :D

The new girlfriend never cared about baseball at all, but I got her hooked during the September Slump. She's been going even more nuts than me during the play-offs! It's "her" team now!

It sure beats the ex's who are Astros, Twins, and Indians fans...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
My girlfriend isn't into sports at all, and she'd have to be classified as a Red Sox fan if anything, but she stayed up for all of the game last night just to hope that they'd win for me.  She's a keeper.

same with my wife (bosox fan) but she stayed up too. :cheers

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
All over my office. All over. It's sick.

Same here. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Everyday someone approaches me all excited and asking what I think, and I think you were a Cub fan 3 weeks ago, leave me alone.

My DM all season teased me that his son got season tickets for having perfect attendence to the Sox(clearly a knock on our fan base). After game 2 he told me we have 2 more left, I corrected him. "You mean I have two more left"

Edited by Stocking

i only have one other sox fan in my hall, but i know a couple of die hard sox fans...so there are like 4...unfortunately we can't watch the ggame together because the one time we did we wen't down four-0 to the bosizzers. We all call each other after thou

I actually see this as a good sign. More on the bandwagon means more revenue from all sources means better and better team every year with Kenny at the helm

Re-sign Paulie, extend Garland, work a deal with Big Frank, let Carl go and improve depth on bench (for eg replace Timo with someone better at contact hitting)

And go get them next year....