Sox exercise buyout on Thomas' contract

Steff

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically Frank will get bought out at what, 3.5 million? Then re-negotiate another contract, probably with the White Sox, which will probably go from 2-3 million with incentives. So Frank stands to make around 4.5-6.5 million in the next year from the Sox if he re-signs even though his contract will state otherwise?

Does the buyout count against this year or next years payroll?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
So basically Frank will get bought out at what, 3.5 million?  Then re-negotiate another contract, probably with the White Sox, which will probably go from 2-3 million with incentives.  So Frank stands to make around 4.5-6.5 million in the next year from the Sox if he re-signs even though his contract will state otherwise?

I guess depends on how you want to look at it...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
So basically Frank will get bought out at what, 3.5 million?  Then re-negotiate another contract, probably with the White Sox, which will probably go from 2-3 million with incentives.  So Frank stands to make around 4.5-6.5 million in the next year from the Sox if he re-signs even though his contract will state otherwise?

who cares? we have the big hurt back, and that makes me very happy.

:cheers :gosox3:

they said on the radio that they will pay him the buyout friday however this got me thinking why wait till tomorrow. I think that they might be working out a contract that has a ton of incentives. I might be wrong however i think they will announce a new contract tomorrow after they officially buy him out. What do you guys think? Also sorry if this was already posted here.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
they said on the radio that they will pay him the buyout friday however this got me thinking why wait till tomorrow.  I think that they might be working out a contract that has a ton of incentives.  I might be wrong however i think they will announce a new contract tomorrow after they officially buy him out.  What do you guys think?  Also sorry if this was already posted here.

I would doubt that. I think they are going to wait until they receive more medical reports on the foot. That second separate fracture in the navicular is a cause for concern.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
I would doubt that. I think they are going to wait until they receive more medical reports on the foot. That second separate fracture in the navicular is a cause for concern.

anyone else and i'd agree with you. however, this is the big hurt we are talking about. half of his at bats this past season were home runs. and all chisox fans must love frank. we need him back til he retires.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
anyone else and i'd agree with you. however, this is the big hurt we are talking about. half of his at bats this past season were home runs. and all chisox fans must love frank. we need him back til he retires.

I agree. I'd love to have him back. I'm just saying with Konerko, Garland, AJ and Crede all due big raises and the questionable foot, Thomas may not fit in KW and Ozzie's overall plans.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Especially for a guy that weighs 270 pounds plus.

Plus he hits offthat front foot, which is the genesis of the forces which has caused his years of foot problems to begin with.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)

Obviously your a big Frank Thomas fan.....