Soxtalk and YASNY featured in Sports Illustrated

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
Today.

I went to my local stands, no one had it. One place told me Friday FWIW :angry:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Ha the timing on this couldn't be more random but better.  Especially if it gets them on the board, and they notice the new TalkBulls and TalkBears.

Lets just post that again :)

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
Way to just slip that right in there. :D

And again...

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
I wonder if spataro's seen it.  Says he logged in yesterday.

Seen on a NY fan forum -- "If you can't trust spataro51, then who can you trust in this crazy world?"  Lol

Nice quote. The guy is very trustworthy, and knows some stuff. I believe what he told us, he got told from someone important.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Its shunned upon.  We are who we are and we continue to build and we'd like to think aim this site toward what the vast majority of the users want.  We will always be free to members and popup free as well.  That said we do hope to continue to grow and see our network continue to grow.

We hope our new sites can turn into the success that is Soxtalk.com.  It couldn't have been done without all of you.

Exactly. The magic of Soxtalk, is that there is no magic. We really tried to let people be themselves for the most part, and to let you all decide what direction to let things go. A Soxtalk for the Sox fans, of the Sox fans, by the Sox fans.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Where has Yas been?

He works midnites. He'll be on later. I'm just sad I'll miss it. :P

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you have imagine if they were taking some of the immature rumors that we were discussing earlier last year? In the next Sports Illustrated "Is Timo Perez the personal sex slave for Ozzie Guillen?" Congrats to soxtalk for the exposure, but this is pretty dumb of a writer to blame an independent message board for starting a rumor that was being reported everywhere.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Could you have imagine if they were taking some of the immature rumors that we were discussing earlier last year?  In the next Sports Illustrated "Is Timo Perez the personal sex slave for Ozzie Guillen?"  Congrats to soxtalk for the exposure, but this is pretty dumb of a writer to blame an independent message board for starting a rumor that was being reported everywhere.

Sports Illustrated Tabloids......and soxtalk.com the main supplier :bang

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
I still think that.  I did say "most" posters, not "all".  I think the general reaction was just wait-and-see, and some tittering and chatter.  Not really accusatory.  And I haven't seen the SI story, but it would be awful funny if journalists attacked anonymous internet posters for irresponsible reporting.  Jmho.

Jackie, you made a clear and very good point back then. I only pulled up our quotes because I found it kinda funny that we were discussing it back then and now it's happening. I haven't read the SI story either. :cheers

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Jackie, you made a clear and very good point back then.  I only pulled up our quotes because I found it kinda funny that we were discussing it back then and now it's happening.  I haven't read the SI story either.    :cheers

Okay, I wasn't sure.

Although maybe it was obvious -- you've made it pretty clear you'd never argue on a message board. :D :cheers

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Okay, I wasn't sure.

Although maybe it was obvious -- you've made it pretty clear you'd never argue on a message board.  :D  :cheers

Well, not any more at least. It just doesn't give me the thrill it seems to give others.

;)

How the hell was I not quoted, I am by far the smartest poster on this site and I had some god damn gems in that thread. What about the rumors I got from my dog or my awesome undeniable Brady Anderson rumor, bastards.

Should be an interesting few days. I would expect a sizable increase in traffic once this issue hits the stands. Personally, if I was unfamilar with Soxtalk and came across this website's reference within an article, I'd be interested in atleast browsing. Not that we should necessarily whore this for more members--but if legitimate Sox fans reading the article are interested in joining it's all good.

Edited by Flash Tizzle