Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Jenks is too fat to properly throw the ball right now.  He isn't following through completely and with that he leaves his shoulder open just a bit and he's missing way outside because of it.

It's painful to watch him pitch. He just isn't fluid on the mound. We're going to need him to be good though, or else our bullpen sucks. You can't have 2 or 3 dependable arms with the way Ozzie manages.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
The guy saw what, 10 AB this spring?? If anything, Konerko has left the most people stranded.

Another reason that many of us wanted him to start the season on the DL. However, the best we can hope for is that he finds a rhythm during the games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
It's painful to watch him pitch.  He just isn't fluid on the mound.  We're going to need him to be good though, or else our bullpen sucks.  You can't have 2 or 3 dependable arms with the way Ozzie manages.

Right now he will get hurt if he can't lose a few pounds and give himself the flexibility to have a proper throwing motion. He's just too bulky and its effecting his range of motion which is leading to improper mechanics and some wild pitches.

I remember reading where the trainers were working with him during ST on this and I hope they have him on a diet full of salad and tofu until he drop 15 more pounds.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Right now he will get hurt if he can't lose a few pounds and give himself the flexibility to have a proper throwing motion.  He's just too bulky and its effecting his range of motion which is leading to improper mechanics and some wild pitches.

I remember reading where the trainers were working with him during ST on this and I hope they have him on a diet full of salad and tofu until he drop 15 more pounds.

Yep, his elbow is in prime position for a blow-out right now with his mechanics.