Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread

EvilJester99

Ok, I also dislike Mariotti, but I'm a little confused. There is all this anger for putting up a website against The Hawk, making profit off someone else, and trying to get someone fired. Yet, you are willing to do it for someone else?

hypocrites. Make sure you put your names, phone numbers and address, so everyone knows who you are (on the site).

Edited by SHAFTR

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Ok, I also dislike Mariotti, but I'm a little confused.  There is all this anger for putting up a website against The Hawk, making profit off someone else, and trying to get someone fired.  Yet, you are willing to do it for someone else?

hypocrites.  Make sure you put your names, phone numbers and address, so everyone knows who you are (on the site).

But the anger towards the creators of heavethehawk is more based on his "evidence" that paciorek doesnt like him, his proof that the A's fanbase doesnt like Hawk, and evidence that Hawk had a bad career by posting his career numbers.

The anger towards mariotti stems from his constant lies, agenda, bandwagon nature, and his general disdain for anything Chicago in nature.

I never wanted to shut down heavethehawk or get those guys fired, i just think they have a weak case that they have presented. Mariotti, on the other hand, prints everything he thinks, therefore it is easy to pick out his flip-flops and falsified facts.

edit: And before you call me a hypocrite, I already said i would put my name and un-blurred picture on the site.

Edited by kyyle23

Ok, I also dislike Mariotti, but I'm a little confused.  There is all this anger for putting up a website against The Hawk, making profit off someone else, and trying to get someone fired.  Yet, you are willing to do it for someone else?

hypocrites.  Make sure you put your names, phone numbers and address, so everyone knows who you are (on the site).

Great. Another guy who just joined the site doing broad brush name calling.

Before you call people hypocrites, understand the difference.

With Mariotti, one simply points out how many times he lies and how many times he contradicts himself, and you demand a more honest columnist.

With Harrelson, it's entirely based on opinion.

That's a huge difference.

As for identifying oneself on the site, personally I think there should be no hiding when it is an e-commerce venture. There's something inherently unethical about not identifying who you are when someone sends you money. That's my beef with the Hawk website.

Now, if someone here actually puts up the website and sells stuff and THEN doesn't identify themselves ... THEN they'd be a hypocrite. Clear on the difference?

• 3 weeks later...

I posted on the message board. I dont understand how its bad for the home team announcer to be rooting for the home team. Thats why they are the home team announcer. If you want to hear the game from your own announcer, tune into your local channel.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)

PM me and I will give it to you if you like.

• 9 months later...

...WHY "THE HAWK" MUST GO

1. Repetitive nature. See Hawkisms. He's been "describing" the events in a ballgame with the same dumb catch phrases for more than 20 seasons.

2. Dead Air. “The Hawk” routinely goes 2-3 minutes without saying a single word, especially when the Sox are losing.

3. Homer. “The Hawk” is more cheerleader than broadcaster. He calls the Sox the “good guys,” and the opponents, “bad guys.” Why is Harrelson such a rabid Sox fan anyway? It's weird. He should have been a fan when he was General Manager.

4. Hillbilly. "The Hawk" is more qualified to bark at carnivals than announce White Sox games. Why must Chicago, the third largest media market in the country, listen to a South Carolinian, Conway Twitty sound-alike with NO White Sox connection? But wait, he was GM, you say? Yes, read on.

5. GM Schmee-Em. Harrelson's .239 career batting average looks good compared to his run as Sox GM in 1986. He fired Tony LaRussa, the most successful manager in the game today, over personal differences. He traded Bobby Bonilla for a pitching machine (Jose DeLeon). He almost single-handedly sent the team to Florida. How can any self-respecting Sox fan support "The Hawk?"

6. Yastrzemski man-crush. When he's extra fired up, Harrelson shows evidence of a disturbing Carl Yastrzemski man-chrush, talking up Yaz like he was Jesus in stirrups.

7. Because he sounds like this.

8. Because he used to play baseball with cow patties.

9. Because he's been a douche for quite some time now.

10. Because Jay Mariotti wants to clock him. Oh wait, Mariotti sucks too.

I'm sure some of you White Sox fans hate him, too.

What a f***ing moron.

Well, the truth hurts, doesn't it, dips***? If you're gonna disagree with the fact that Harrelson is a homer, then YOU are the moron. Moron.

My conversation with TheBigHurt

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:17:31 AM): "What a f***ing moron."

TangentUniverseB returned at 10:17:31 AM.

TangentUniverseB (10:18:14 AM): ...

TangentUniverseB (10:18:21 AM): from Soxtalk, I assume?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:18:29 AM): Yes.

TangentUniverseB (10:18:35 AM): are you the person I quoted?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:18:46 AM): So why are you defending him anyway?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:18:59 AM): Do you disagree that he's a massive homer?

TangentUniverseB (10:19:02 AM): defending who? Hawk?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:19:08 AM): Duh

TangentUniverseB (10:19:12 AM): that line I quioted was very ignorant

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:19:19 AM): Why was it?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:19:27 AM): It's the truth. What's so ignorant about it?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:19:32 AM): He IS a homer.

TangentUniverseB (10:19:37 AM): a home team commentator is going to root for teh home team. That part of teh post, frankly, was idiotic

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:20:00 AM): Yes, it's ok to be a little biased. But Harrelson acts like he's part of the team.

TangentUniverseB (10:20:13 AM): how so?

TangentUniverseB (10:20:21 AM): and even if so, that's not unnatural

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:20:36 AM): I guess you think he's better than Vin Scully, too, huh?

TangentUniverseB (10:20:40 AM): to criticize a commentator for rooting for the team he does commentary for is stupid

TangentUniverseB (10:20:53 AM): what the f*** does that have to do with anything? Did I emntion Vin Scully?

TangentUniverseB (10:21:05 AM): *mention

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:21:11 AM): Did I mention you did?

TangentUniverseB (10:21:16 AM): you are steering far away from the point

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:21:51 AM): Naw, I'm just pointing out the ignorance of thinking Harrelson is a good announcer, which he's not.

TangentUniverseB (10:22:07 AM): that's just your oponion

TangentUniverseB (10:22:12 AM): *opinion

TangentUniverseB (10:22:44 AM): As far as calling the game, knowing the game, and being colorful and entertaining, he's a very good announcer

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:23:35 AM): How can you say he's a good announcer when he usually goes epeechless for a couple of minutes?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:23:45 AM): speechless*

TangentUniverseB (10:23:55 AM): who gives a s***?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:24:04 AM): Obviously, baseball fans.

TangentUniverseB (10:24:07 AM): so that diminishes his knowledge and personality?

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:24:16 AM): Yes, yes it does.

TangentUniverseB (10:24:23 AM): I stand corrected

TangentUniverseB (10:24:25 AM): f***ing moron

TangentUniverseB (10:24:28 AM): now if you don't mind

TangentUniverseB (10:24:37 AM): I've wasted enough time with you

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:24:39 AM): You can put it on the boooaaard. NO!

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:24:43 AM): f*** you, asshole.

TangentUniverseB (10:24:48 AM): wow, that was so funny

ClipShipHereWeGo (10:24:59 AM): Yep. Heave the HAWK!

Edited by UnderPressure

...WHY "THE HAWK" MUST GO

1. Repetitive nature. See Hawkisms. He's been "describing" the events in a ballgame with the same dumb catch phrases for more than 20 seasons.

2. Dead Air. “The Hawk” routinely goes 2-3 minutes without saying a single word, especially when the Sox are losing.

3. Homer. “The Hawk” is more cheerleader than broadcaster. He calls the Sox the “good guys,” and the opponents, “bad guys.” Why is Harrelson such a rabid Sox fan anyway? It's weird. He should have been a fan when he was General Manager.

4. Hillbilly. "The Hawk" is more qualified to bark at carnivals than announce White Sox games. Why must Chicago, the third largest media market in the country, listen to a South Carolinian, Conway Twitty sound-alike with NO White Sox connection? But wait, he was GM, you say? Yes, read on.

5. GM Schmee-Em. Harrelson's .239 career batting average looks good compared to his run as Sox GM in 1986. He fired Tony LaRussa, the most successful manager in the game today, over personal differences. He traded Bobby Bonilla for a pitching machine (Jose DeLeon). He almost single-handedly sent the team to Florida. How can any self-respecting Sox fan support "The Hawk?"

6. Yastrzemski man-crush. When he's extra fired up, Harrelson shows evidence of a disturbing Carl Yastrzemski man-chrush, talking up Yaz like he was Jesus in stirrups.

7. Because he sounds like this.

8. Because he used to play baseball with cow patties.

9. Because he's been a douche for quite some time now.

10. Because Jay Mariotti wants to clock him. Oh wait, Mariotti sucks too.

I'm sure some of you White Sox fans hate him, too.

Nice first post.

Are you from that Heave the Hawk site?

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(UnderPressure @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)

What a f***ing moron.