Jon Garland

Steve9347

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
If Garland is still pitching like this in June than maybe Ill worry about it.  Although it would be really nice if he comes out his next start and dominates.

^^^^

People need to quit worrying about guys who are fighting it. This is Garlands what.....second start?

LMAO

The Sky is falling! What should we do!!!!???!!!

Do you read posts before you respond, or just glance over them? I said "if Garland is still..." In what part of that did I say, as you put it so originally, "the sky is fallling"?

Sorry for the tone of this response, but I don't like being taken out of context so egregiously.

^^^^

People need to quit worrying about guys who are fighting it. This is Garlands what.....second start?

Again, please read my posts more carefully before assuming how I feel. I just posted earlier in this same thread that I'm not that worried about Garland. My response in the post you referred to is to a poster that stated that if Garland continues to pitch like crap, then the Sox will just trade him no problem at midseason.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Do you read posts before you respond, or just glance over them?  I said "if Garland is still..." In what part of that did I say, as you put it so originally, "the sky is fallling"?

LOL, yeah, I quoted you as saying "The Sky is Falling."

You are talking about what we can get for Garland in June for his trade value. That is laying it on a little thick considering its the second start for Jon.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Sorry for the tone of this response, but I don't like being taken out of context so egregiously.

GMAFB

Edited by kyyle23

1 bad start is an occasion

2 bad starts is a coincidence

3 bad starts is a pattern... lets just wait for his third start to see if we should worry a little bit

just cuz someone says they are worried about garland... doesnt mean they are anti-sox and jumping off a ledge

but anytime a pitcher has 2 TERRIBLE starts where u give up 7+ runs, u can worry a lil bit without being told to shut up and that ur not sticking by ur players that got u a title. Im Concerned with Garland and Concerned with Pods until they imrpove...which i am confident they will.

I'm not jumping on garland or anything, just saying until he improves.... garland is a concern. He needs to go out there and have a good start to get rid of the concerns.

:cheers Heres to a good start jon! :cheers

Edited by kramer99

This thread is ridiculous.....sorry, but we should wait a little before trashing every pitcher that has a bad day

OTOH, we should be bashing Ozzie when he leaves his rookie A pitcher to face the best LH in our division (outside of Thome) in a 1 run game.

:cheers

So...as far as I can tell...every time someone has made one of these threads complaining about a pitcher, saying they're finished, what's wrong, etc....the pitcher has responded with a solid game the next time out.

Hopefully Garland responds similarly.

And whoever is talking about not striking out enough people for a sinkerballer is just plain stupid, btw.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
What's the difference between 5.3 K/9 and 4.9 K/9, aside from 0.4?

One of course is the face of the franchise, and one is being shipped out by White Sox fans already. 

I'm just glad KW jumped to conclusions like this last year when he replaced Jermaine Dye after a bad April and he replaced Joe Crede after a bad May.

The only thing I said is that his K/9 is low enough to believe he's gonna get rocked every once in a while. What happened last year in terms of ERA and WHIP is a total fluke. Sorry if that offends some of you.

Nowhere in this thread am I saying I am ready to ship Garland out. He's a fine fourth/fifth starter and will probably go 16-13 with a 4.2-4.4 ERA. We have plenty of offense to bail him out most of the time.

QUOTE(kramer99 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
1 bad start is an occasion

2 bad starts is a coincidence

3 bad starts is a pattern... lets just wait for his third start to see if we should worry a little bit

just cuz someone says they are worried about garland... doesnt mean they are anti-sox and jumping off a ledge

but anytime a pitcher has 2 TERRIBLE starts where u give up 7+ runs, u can worry a lil bit without being told to shut up and that ur not sticking by ur players that got u a title. Im Concerned with Garland and Concerned with Pods until they imrpove...which i am confident they will.

I'm not jumping on garland or anything, just saying until he improves.... garland is a concern. He needs to go out there and have a good start to get rid of the concerns.

:cheers Heres to a good start jon! :cheers

well said kramer. its okay to be concerned with garland and pods. but like i said before coop can fix garlands problem. He is just having trouble locating his pitches. Last year his success was driven toward hs ability to pitch down and in and down and away. Right now he is having trouble with that. Coop will be able to fix this.

As far as Pods is concerned, i am alittle worried about him. I've been told he hasn't had enough ABs at spring training, i've been told he isn't 100% yet. I've been told Ozzie is just saving his aggressive stealing until later on in the season.

Well im not buying it. Have you guys seen Pods run recently? He is no where near as fast as he was last year, which indicates that his groin is still bothering him, which means he is not 100%, which means he'll have a hard time hitting and running. If this is the case, OG and KW should consider resting him for a few weeks and then have him get some ABs down in the minors. Yea we might lose our leadoff hitter for a month, but in the longrun it would be worth it.

You say, who would replace him out in LF? And who would be our leadoff hitter? I say bring up Sweeney or Young (or is it Owens? who did we trade for duque?).

LOL, yeah, I quoted you as saying "The Sky is Falling."

You are talking about what we can get for Garland in June for his trade value. That is laying it on a little thick considering its the second start for Jon.

Yea, you paraphrased me by mocking my post as having that message. I really don't care anymore though. I just wish people would read things more carefully. In the 2nd freaking post of this topic I said it's too early to worry about Garland. However, it's my reponse to a poster that said in essense, that he didn't care if Garland sucked this year because the Sox could just trade him at mid season that gets misunderstood and blasted. I said, if that was to happen, it would be difficult to trade him. I didn't say it would happen, just that IF it did happen, trading him would be very difficult unless JR paid out some cash.

Oh well, just another misunderstanding on the internet. I've learned not to lose any sleep over them.

GMAFB as well.

Garland will be fine.

All he needs to do is to start attacking the strikezone again. Any pitcher no matter how great of stuff will get rocked if they continually get behind hitters and walk people in front of power guys. Good hitters become great hitters when the count is constantly 2-0 and 3-1. Also good hitters can flat out swing from their asses when down 8-1. 8-1 f*** I would swing for the fence. They got hitters counts and hit Garland coming back in the strikezone.

I am not happy that he s*** the bed, but he will be fine. It wont be the first pitcher nor the last that will s*** the bed this year. At least our O can pick up our pitching when they fail. Last year we would of lost this game like 9-2.

I love this thread. Cub fans would be sipping a nice brew and discussing the power surge and all the runs. Sox fans take a moment and see the s***. :cheers

At least Jenks looked good today. Shirt was nice and clean, no sweat stains, no cookie crumbs.