Pablo

Damen

Seeing Garcia throw nothing but garbage yet again, I was wondering, why don't we put Ozuna in his spot in the rotation. He's fast and always tries hard. It would probably help our team chemistry and give us more heart in the rotation, which is why haven't been winning as much.

What do you guys think?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Speaking of Freddy, I read where he blew off Sportsfest. This after blowing off the same event in November and missing soxfest in the past. Makes you wonder about a guy's character doesn't it?

One of the announcers during the WS last year noted that Freddy had a history of being "difficult" early in his career in Houston. I don't recall the specifics, though.

I'm just saying, and this as a guy who was thrilled we traded for him and extended him and had NO problem with him on the mound in game 4, that there is perhaps a big warning sign here. He clearly doesn't keep his personal committments. The man recently failed a drug test. With all the specualtion that we are trading a starter before next season, maybe Freddy Garcia has peaked or is at his peak for what he is going to be. I know he has a family relationship with Ozzie but we just might look back three years from now and realize we should have traded Garcia when we could have gotten a lot for him

QUOTE(Damen @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
Seeing Garcia throw nothing but garbage yet again, I was wondering, why don't we put Ozuna in his spot in the rotation. He's fast and always tries hard. It would probably help our team chemistry and give us more heart in the rotation, which is why haven't been winning as much.

What do you guys think?

Well, since Freddy's still under contract, he's got to play somewhere ... has he got the range and speed for the outfield, do you think?

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Well, since Freddy's still under contract, he's got to play somewhere ... has he got the range and speed for the outfield, do you think?

That's a good question. I don't know if I have the answer, but I would guess that he doesn't have the speed for the outfield. That's why I would probably move Konerko out to Left and let Garcia have a go at 1st base. All I know is we need to do something fast, before this season falls apart. These are the only logical solutions that I could come up with.

Now is it fair to the league that we allow Pablo on the mound. When he uncorks his Bug Bunny Effus pitch to the American League the chaos will be unmatched. There could be riots, plague, madness, and SMOG!!!!

Pray that we dont unleash Pablo onto the mound. If that happens the game as we know it will never be the same.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
i feel like freddy is built to be that slow first basemen we've never had.

I think you're right! I wonder how Freddy's going to take the news that he has to play every day -- or do you think that Ozzie will let him start at first base only every 5th day, consistent with the rotation Freddy's used to?

And once at first base, will Freddy be able to go into the 7th inning or later? Because I don't think he knows what the 8th and 9th innings look like this year, from the field.

I'm just saying.