Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
I love the way Jacksonville is playing this game. The gap between Indianapolis and Jacksonville has clearly closed.

They would/should have won the game if that were the case, especially with all the key guys Indy was without today.

Solid W.

QUOTE(34FG56MB52JC @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
So much for Eli's maturation. Over-hyped, average at best, QB. He will never be at Peyton's level.

Peyton is the true QB.

Seattle is trying to get cute when they shoudl be just running the football. Eli has a couple of TD passes and receivers have dropped some passes for him today.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Yikes, Ben Roethlisberger has been the worst QB in the league thus far. More bad effects from a stupid offseason decision compiled with his appendectomy. Steelers gave the game to the Bengals with 5 turnovers, while Carson Palmer tried to give it back with 2 INT's and 4 fumbles of his own. Believe it or not, but most Steelers fans are ready for Cowher to go. His favorites on the team that he keeps throwing on the field hurt the team time after time.

Insert Aaron Brooks here

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
They would/should have won the game if that were the case, especially with all the key guys Indy was without today.

Solid W.

Jacksonville is the real deal. It's going to be another close game down in Jacksonville. The Jags missed 2 field goals, threw a way down the field, and gave up a punt return for a TD and only lost by a touchdown when they outplayed the colts aswell. Their defense is great and think they have a great shot at winning in the next matchup.

Anyways in other NFL news.

Shaun Alexander has a broken foot and is out indefinately.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Can I please get a Reggie Bush touchdown. Please?

This world hates me.

Yeah, I may have to bench him in fantasy until he gets going. I really thought he would turn out to be a huge surprise due to his versatility but hasn't happened yet.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Yeah, I may have to bench him in fantasy until he gets going. I really thought he would turn out to be a huge surprise due to his versatility but hasn't happened yet.

I think some of that is in the fact that teams are game-planning to stop Bush first...and winding up having Brees beat them.

The Associated Press reports that WR Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room Tuesday night, with a local television station reporting that doctors "were trying to induce vomiting."

Owens, who is currently sidelined with a broken finger, was reportedly seen being wheeled down a hospital hallway in a wheelchair. No word yet on exactly why he was taken to the ER.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
Jacksonville is the real deal. It's going to be another close game down in Jacksonville. The Jags missed 2 field goals, threw a way down the field, and gave up a punt return for a TD and only lost by a touchdown when they outplayed the colts aswell. Their defense is great and think they have a great shot at winning in the next matchup.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

Remember, the Colts were without Corey Simon, Adam Vinatieri, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney and Brandon Stokely. That's losing some serious talent.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
I hate Vick with a passion.

Ditto.

Alrighty, I need some fantasy football help.

I'm sort of been stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Here's my QB situation heading into tomorrow; Vick is fine (vs Arizona), but my three other QBs all have problems. Chris Simms is obviously hurt and I have his backup, Bruce Gradkowski, but Tampa Bay has a bye tomorrow. My third QB, Kerry Collins (please don't laugh), has finally had his job taken away. I'm in a league with 14 teams total in it, so I can't find one starting QB for tomorrow. Any suggestions as to someone I should pick up tomorrow morning (I'm obviously releasing Collins)? Any guys who might be pulled at half if they aren't getting the job done? Any guys who are backup QBs but come in and take a snap or two?

BTW, before you start thinking that my team is 'the awful', you should know that I'm 3-0 and sit alone atop my league. I drafted WR and TE heavy, as my league gives out one point per reception, as well as a bonus at 100 receiving yards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love how Baltimore/SD is going on right now, but I'm stuck with Miami/Houston. Stupid Florida team.

Haha, the announcers were just sucking on Michael Vick's dick and then he goes and throws an 97 yard INT for a td.

Edited by chimpy2121

This Jets/Colts game has been quite good up to halftime.

I hate FOX, I just hate everything about it. They seem to love colorful, s***ty, elaborate graphics and a s***load of unnecessary sound. CBS on the other hand has a much better HD picture (FOX' is way too colorful) along with crisp, simple, blue graphics. In other words CBS >>>> FOX.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
This Jets/Colts game has been quite good up to halftime.

I hate FOX, I just hate everything about it. They seem to love colorful, s***ty, elaborate graphics and a s***load of unnecessary sound. CBS on the other hand has a much better HD picture (FOX' is way too colorful) along with crisp, simple, blue graphics. In other words CBS >>>> FOX.

I wish I had an HDTV..thats about all I have to say about that.