Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
He was missing everything wide right, and Parcells claimed it was in his head.

Should have signed Vinatieri instead.

We should at least try to draft a kicker in the off-season (a good one around the 4th round).

That's because Colombo had a bad back.

Didn't play in the league at all last season, and has come back rejunvenated and shown why he was a 1st round pick in the 1st place. If you saw the play of Rob Pettiti last season compared to Colombo, it's certainly an upgrade.

On the Bears offense, they have been having success, but when it comes to the playoffs they'll be coming up against top notch D's, and I don't know if they can produce the same. You saw against the Panthers last season, the D can be exploited as well with the right matchups e.g if Tillman was matched up on Terry Glenn and Vasher on Owens.

If the Bears D can be exploited so can any D.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Hasselbeck is having a nice return game....

3 picks, one of which led to a 36 yard TD drive

a lost fumble, which was recovered by Iowa rookie Abdul Hodge and taken back for a score

10 for 19, 88 yards

team down 14-9

This is what they get for benching the legendary Seneca Wallace, I mean it's not even halftime yet. Also, how is it snowing a few days shy of December in SEATTLE, yet it's 9 PM in Northern Illinois and 57 degrees outside.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
That's because Colombo had a bad back.

Didn't play in the league at all last season, and has come back rejunvenated and shown why he was a 1st round pick in the 1st place. If you saw the play of Rob Pettiti last season compared to Colombo, it's certainly an upgrade.

On the Bears offense, they have been having success, but when it comes to the playoffs they'll be coming up against top notch D's, and I don't know if they can produce the same. You saw against the Panthers last season, the D can be exploited as well with the right matchups e.g if Tillman was matched up on Terry Glenn and Vasher on Owens.

Actually Colombo has a jello knee, you will find that out. Either way he couldnt even make it as a backup on the Bears.

The Bears have the top D in the game, get over it. Anyone saying the Dallas front 7 is better than the Bears is drinking too much Koolaid.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
The Bears have the top D in the game, get over it. Anyone saying the Dallas front 7 is better than the Bears is drinking too much Koolaid.

Not sure how you can say that with a straight face. The Bears have the best and one of the 5 best LB's in the game in Urlacher and Briggs obviously, but Hillenmeyer is a pile of crap, and the front 4 has been average at best since teams finally learned to double team Tommie Harris.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Not sure how you can say that with a straight face. The Bears have the best and one of the 5 best LB's in the game in Urlacher and Briggs obviously, but Hillenmeyer is a pile of crap, and the front 4 has been average at best since teams finally learned to double team Tommie Harris.

Average at best? You are talking about 2 top tier DE's, one of the top DT's in the game and a rookie on the bench who has 8+ sacks. If average at best means being the #1 defense in the league, then yeah, they are average. I dont know how you can debate any of this without your tongue shoved firmly in your cheek.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
Average at best? You are talking about 2 top tier DE's, one of the top DT's in the game and a rookie on the bench who has 8+ sacks. If average at best means being the #1 defense in the league, then yeah, they are average. I dont know how you can debate any of this without your tongue shoved firmly in your cheek.

Harris is GREAT, but he's doubled teamed on every play so it doesn't matter. Anderson is also very good, but he doesn't play enough. Brown and Ogunleye are both overpaid and underperforming and have spent their career making it an artform. The defense itself isn't average at best, but the D End's on it and Hunter Hillenmeyer sure are.

Funny line on rotoworld.com

WR Troy Williamson was reportedly punched in the face during a charity concert at a night club Monday.

He was not hurt and declined to press charges. No one drops a pass on Sunday and catches a punch on Monday like Troy Williamson.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
...but Hillenmeyer is a pile of crap, and the front 4 has been average at best since teams finally learned to double team Tommie Harris.

I thought so too at the beginning of the year, but IMO, Hillenmeyer has had a pretty nice season. I don't think he's anything special in coverage, but I've been impressed by his tackling this year. It just seems like he's 'around the ball' more often than last year, ie getting in on more tackles. Dunno if the stats back me up on that or not.

Last year I wouldn't have said this, but at this point I'm pretty comfortable with Hunter alongside #54 and #55.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Grossman is f***ing horrible, I can't even take this

First he doesn't see a WIDE OPEN Moose in the endzone and throws a near INT, next play he does throw an INT right to a f***ing Viking defender.

No, no he's not. You'll soon see that, as soon as he can put together a completely healthy season, he's probably the greatest QB the Bears have ever had.

The Bears are truly lucky to have such a leader and winner on their team.