Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry our offense will wake up tomorrow. Its the formula that screams pounding by our offense, a soft tossing lefty who spots the ball low and away, and we have never faced him before either.

I am predicting 3 hitter into the 6th inning for Saunders.

Fire Ozzie, Fire Greg, and have cora keep them both company.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:17 AM)
Well I'd love to root for the NL but there is no way any team over there can beat any AL team in 7 games.

I'd actually really like to watch a Yankees/Mets WS. The intensity of that series would be a lot more fun to watch than an A's/Cardinals series.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Not trying to be insensitive but it is just a game.

I was reminded of that last night watching the incredibly sad and interesting

documentary on 9-11 on public TV.

Sports ain't life and death like that.

Funniest thing I've heard all night. Thanks, greg.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
I beg the Sox management that if we get mathematically eliminated, please shut down our 5 starters and Jenks, MacDougal, and Thornton.

If Owens is a starter in either left or center next year and not because of an injury, then I will vomit and bring fire ozzie signs to the park.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:17 AM)
Not sure if watching Figgins get the base hit did it for me, but who knows.

Its over. 1st time I have said it this season. Its over.

Nope...it's not over until Mr. Pessimism says so. Wait until after our Tigers series next week....that's when we'll know.

can anybody come up with a clutch hit?!?!?! this team is not championship capable. the playoffs looks pretty far fetched by this point. not good. minny doesn't lose and if detroit plays .500 the rest of the way, they should win the wildcard. KW has alot to do during the offseason.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Call me an idiot, but if the Sox don't make it, and it appears like the chances are slipping away, I would want someone from the Central to win. Either Minnesota or Detroit. If they both were eliminated, I always pull for the AL.

I'd root for the Tigers over the Twins. I despise the Twins. I don't want the Tigers to win though cause I don't think they are all that good. plus I don't want to hear it from their fans.

I guess it would be

1. NL team

2. Oakland

3. Yanks

4. Tigers

5. Never Minny EVER

I think the Sox won't make it to the playoffs for the same reasons I've thought that for weeks:

1. The Sox are behind the Twins and Tigers in the race.

2. The Sox are a worse team than the Twins and the Tigers.

Bot the Twins and Tigers have proven themselves to be bette teams this year. And they have been considerably better in the stretch run.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:19 AM)
I'd root for the Tigers over the Twins. I despise the Twins. I don't want the Tigers to win though cause I don't think they are all that good. plus I don't want to hear it from their fans.

I guess it would be

1. NL team

2. Oakland

3. Yanks

4. Tigers

5. Never Minny EVER

I'd root for the Tigers....but I'm sure my fiance will get sick of me saying "I struck out that guy", whenever Granderson comes to the plate. Of course, it won't be so special when the stat shows he struckout the most in the AL this year.