McCarthy Traded to Texas

SnB

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I really enjoy having two of the top five left-handed pitching prospects in our system now, but I'm still very uneasy about 2007 at this point in time.

We should be uneasy. Its nice to stock up on extremely touted pitchers, but what the hell are we doing for THIS year. Either there is something in the works soon, or we are just trying to make sure we stay somewhat competitive for the next couple of years.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
People! Gavin Floyd sucks! He will be out of this league in 2 years, book it! He is not the present nor his he every going to be the future. I've seen him pitch for years and doesn't even deserve a shot in our bullpen.

Thank you X Box GM, I will forward this to Coop and KW

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Even though this trade kina blows for this year. Our rotation could be young, cheap and filthy in the next few years.

1. Danks

2. Gio

3. Floyd

4. Broadway

5. Haeger

McCarthy should be anchoring that rotation.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Thank you X Box GM, I will forward this to Coop and KW

Go ahead, Philly has been dying to get rid of him for years. He got lit up in AAA, they still brought him up, got lit up in the NL, they brought him back down to AAA, got lit up again. And now he is still getting lit up in Winter ball. He's done and Kenny bit on him.

Reading this thread is really reminding me of some previous threads regarding trades.

And on that note, how goes Cooperstown's efforts to get Olivo's bust bronzed for his impending HOF ceremony?

I swear -- for many people on this board -- if KW walked on water, you'd complain about him not swimming.

We've still got a few months before spring training, let alone the start of the season. A trade or some FA work may still be possible. It's also amazing that McCarthy who has shown flashes of being very good but hasn't been able to put it together is automatically, again in many peoples' responses here, going to overtake Johan Santana in 2007 for the AL Cy Young. Take off the homer blinders and look at this pragmatically please.

Just like the Garcia trade to Philly. People thought we didn't get enough for him. Yet everybody here was joking about how bad Garcia was all last year (my favorite being Kalapse's Flamethrower Freddy with the 86 mph speed gun saying "Intimidation had a New Name") I'm personally amazed that we got something more than a sack of scuffed balls for him.

Never mind. Forget I said anything. Continue with the complaints that the sky is falling and the end of the world is at hand. Never mind that all the prospect trading over the past seasons might just mean that we may need to restock a little bit.

I'm not defending KW, I'm just pleading for a little reason here rather than emotional "OMG!!!11! WE'RE GONNA BE WORSE THAN DA ROYELS THIS YEAR!" knee-jerk responses.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Go ahead, Philly has been dying to get rid of him for years. He got lit up in AAA, they still brought him up, got lit up in the NL, they brought him back down to AAA, got lit up again. And now he is still getting lit up in Winter ball. He's done and Kenny bit on him.

MMhmmmm

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
There are so many people on here who believe Kenny Williams can do no wrong. Its embarrassing. He follows up the Sisco move which was terrific with this awful deal. had it been one of our veterans it makes a ton of sense but not B-Mac. Just awful

go on and name a time KW...hell i'll even say the franchise has never been wrong about letting pitching go in the last 15 years. People were pissed when fernandez, alverez, kip wells, etc etc when those guys were traded, and really they didnt do ANYTHING. Trades like this cannot be determinded who "won and lost" right now.

Edited by RX Bandits

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Reading this thread is really reminding me of some previous threads regarding trades.

And on that note, how goes Cooperstown's efforts to get Olivo's bust bronzed for his impending HOF ceremony?

I swear -- for many people on this board -- if KW walked on water, you'd complain about him not swimming.

We've still got a few months before spring training, let alone the start of the season. A trade or some FA work may still be possible. It's also amazing that McCarthy who has shown flashes of being very good but hasn't been able to put it together is automatically, again in many peoples' responses here, going to overtake Johan Santana in 2007 for the AL Cy Young. Take off the homer blinders and look at this pragmatically please.

Just like the Garcia trade to Philly. People thought we didn't get enough for him. Yet everybody here was joking about how bad Garcia was all last year (my favorite being Kalapse's Flamethrower Freddy with the 86 mph speed gun saying "Intimidation had a New Name") I'm personally amazed that we got something more than a sack of scuffed balls for him.

Never mind. Forget I said anything. Continue with the complaints that the sky is falling and the end of the world is at hand. Never mind that all the prospect trading over the past seasons might just mean that we may need to restock a little bit.

I'm not defending KW, I'm just pleading for a little reason here rather than emotional "OMG!!!11! WE'RE GONNA BE WORSE THAN DA ROYELS THIS YEAR!" knee-jerk responses.

*standing ovation*

I wouldnt say BMAC would anchor any rotation in the future, he really doesnt project to be a #1 guy, and I have said that before we traded him.

This is true. I think he is basically a #3 starter. He certainly doesn't have ace potential, at least in my mind.

But, as I've been saying for months, I thought he could step in do as well as Garcia did last year. Now, we don't have a pitcher ready to do that. For 2007, KW has effectively decreased the quality of the rotation, and thus the team.

I haven't read anything else in the thread yet, but is anyone making the case that KW is still trying to make the 2007 team better? It looks to me like all of these moves are about the future to the detriment of the present. Danks may be a better prospect than McCarthy, but he certainly isn't as major league ready as McCarthy.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)

amen. rational thinking sox fans.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Hooray for being the Florida Marlins.

+1 kinda

I'm sad to see McCarthy go, i really am, good thing i got a PK jersey instead of a McCarthy one :P .

Coop and KW must like what they seen in Haeger and IMO Haeger is now the 5th starter i happen to believe Haeger will put up an ERA a lil south of 4.50 and give us a ton of IP and a chance to win every time he takes the ball, thats all i can ask. Yay for Chuck.

I hope to see Mark moved maybe to St. Louis for Reyes/Wainwright and Anderson/Rasmus or possibly to Toronto for Rios and a prospect.

I love the over reaction on the board. Have some faith.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
People! Gavin Floyd sucks! He will be out of this league in 2 years, book it! He is not the present nor is he ever going to be the future. I've seen him pitch for years and doesn't even deserve a shot in our bullpen.

Agree 100%. This guy had his chance and he dropped the ball.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
im still waiting for someone to name a pitching prospect that the white sox traded and then that prospect became good. has not happened in the last 20 years at least, and therefore, I have every reason to believe the white sox are right again.

If not then KW just started that trend now...