Torii Hunter

Allsox

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

This will calm things down a bit on here for a couple days. Hunter will likely decide by next tuesday... So don't expect a pre-turkey treat. Hunter is intruiged by the Cabrera aquisition.. Maybe another big splash before tuesday can seal the deal? I expect Crede to be dealt next... or perhaps Kenny can shock the world by acquirering the other Cabrera... although it seems as if the Dodgers and Angels are leading that race...

MLB.com's Scott Merkin reported "a meeting with Hunter and Texas general manager Jon Daniels took place at the home of Rangers owner Tom Hicks on Monday night."

Since you were just as sure no dinner was taking place, I'm pretty much doubting you know that Hunter is all but signed.

We will know, when we know. Why set yourself up to get egg on your face?

Again, believe what you want to believe. I am telling you that I believe he is already signed and an anouncement will come by Monday, but quite possibly even sooner. My guess it will either be announced tomorrow or Monday. We already have him. My opinion. My speculation. I never claimed anyone told me or I got an inside source, I am just voicing my opinion. How does that lead me with egg on my face?

Now if I claimed an inside source, like others on here, and nothing happened, then I would have egg on my face. Now, it is just one person's opinion against anothers. So be it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
Again, believe what you want to believe. I am telling you that I believe he is already signed and an anouncement will come by Monday, but quite possibly even sooner. My guess it will either be announced tomorrow or Monday. We already have him. My opinion. My speculation. I never claimed anyone told me or I got an inside source, I am just voicing my opinion. How does that lead me with egg on my face?

Now if I claimed an inside source, like others on here, and nothing happened, then I would have egg on my face. Now, it is just one person's opinion against anothers. So be it.

And the reason why people are upset with you is that you have tried to pass your opinion as fact up until very recently. That would upset me too. Just stop saying "he's signed, announcement tommorow". If it's your opinion, say, "I think the Sox have him locked. I don't see him signing anywhere else now".

And the reason why people are upset with you is that you have tried to pass your opinion as fact up until very recently. That would upset me too. Just stop saying "he's signed, announcement tommorow". If it's your opinion, say, "I think the Sox have him locked. I don't see him signing anywhere else now".

where did I? Please show me this. I want to see where I said "he's signed, announcement tomorrow," or anything like that. I want to see this. I want to see where I said anything more than I was speculating. I want to see where I said that this was fact and that I have sources. I want to see this. I said from the beginning to believe what you want to believe. I said from the beginning that I had no source. I said from the beginning that I believe it will be announced on Monday if not sooner.

I will tell you something - stop placing words in my mouth. If you have a problem looking at a post on a message board and determining if it is fact, fiction, or opinion, then either ask or get help. I will post how I want to post - not how it is best for you.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)

Eh, it isn't a big deal.

People should know more than to just go on the word of someone on a message board anyway. People should take that kind of thing for what it's worth.

If people really took him seriously and started calling all of their Minnesota friends and talking smack......as Hawk would say....then shame on 'em.

Not shame on 'em for talking smack to the Minnesota people of course (that is commended) but for jumping the gun.

Edited by rockren

You can quote me on this. The deal is done. Torii Hunter is a Chicago White Sox. It will be announced between now and next Monday. There is no doubt about it.

The problem that people have is your verbage. Saying "I believe he will be a white sox when all is said and done" is different than your quote. Saying the deal is done, right before Torii has a nice dinner with the owner of another team, his agent, their GM talking about Torii coming to the Rangers. If a team has a deal in place, he would of called off the meeting. You dont go an meet with another team owner, listen to their plans, have them woo you, at the owners house if you are signed already.

He may come here, but to say a deal is done with what happened last night is a bit of a far stretch.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)

If by some time you mean by next Monday you would be correct. They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner. Book it.

That's not saying its your opinion, thats saying its a fact. If Hunter does anything but sign with the White Sox by Monday you will have egg on your face. Considering Cowley had the Hunter story a day before your post, even if he did sign by Monday, hearing it from you first wouldn't work either.

The problem that people have is your verbage. Saying "I believe he will be a white sox when all is said and done" is different than your quote. Saying the deal is done, right before Torii has a nice dinner with the owner of another team, his agent, their GM talking about Torii coming to the Rangers. If a team has a deal in place, he would of called off the meeting. You dont go an meet with another team owner, listen to their plans, have them woo you, at the owners house if you are signed already.

He may come here, but to say a deal is done with what happened last night is a bit of a far stretch.

Again, where did I claim I knew anyone or that this is anything more than specualtion on my part? Where? I have been a poster on here for 3-4 years and have never claimed inside sources. A deal is done. I believe that. It is done. It will be announced between tomorrow and Monday. I believe that as well. You can quote me on that as well. So when this happens and I am right - you can see who knew what. If I am wrong - then guess what - I was wrong. Big whoopdeedoo. Why someone would take what I posted as fact is beyond me - especially since I claimed no sources and said that from the beginning.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)
Again, where did I claim I knew anyone or that this is anything more than specualtion on my part? Where? I have been a poster on here for 3-4 years and have never claimed inside sources. A deal is done. I believe that. It is done. It will be announced between tomorrow and Monday. I believe that as well. You can quote me on that as well. So when this happens and I am right - you can see who knew what. If I am wrong - then guess what - I was wrong. Big whoopdeedoo. Why someone would take what I posted as fact is beyond me - especially since I claimed no sources and said that from the beginning.

Then explain to me why Torii was having dinner with Hicks last night. Is he hard up for a dinner.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)

If by some time you mean by next Monday you would be correct. They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner. Book it.

That's not saying its your opinion, thats saying its a fact. If Hunter does anything but sign with the White Sox by Monday you will have egg on your face. Considering Cowley had the Hunter story a day before your post, even if he did sign by Monday, hearing it from you first wouldn't work either.

"If by some time you mean by next Monday you would be correct. They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner. Book it."

Again, where do I claim sources? Where do I post it as fact? I posted this on the message board yesterday - Monday. Cowley had it the same day, not a day before - I just looked it up. Maybe we have the same sources, eh? Like I care about getting egg on my face from a message board. Who cares.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
"If by some time you mean by next Monday you would be correct. They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner. Book it."

Again, where do I claim sources? Where do I post it as fact? I posted this on the message board yesterday - Monday. Cowley had it the same day, not a day before - I just looked it up. Maybe we have the same sources, eh? Like I care about getting egg on my face from a message board. Who cares.

You don't have to claim sources." They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner", is stated as a fact. You must care, you respond to everyone rebuking your claims.

You don't have to claim sources." They will announce the Torii Hunter signing Monday or sooner", is stated as a fact. You must care, you respond to everyone rebuking your claims.

I do? Have you seen this thread? I think you better look again. I don't care. I find it wierd that you would take that as a fact or how you would determine this to be a fact from me when I stated at least twice during these posts that I have no sources and it is just what I believe. I told others to believe what they want. Where would I get this knowledge to make it seem like a fact? You care Dickie. I don't.