Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
Peanut Butter and White Wine are not a great mix. Yet I can't stop mixing.

And you're the guy who gave me guff about liking that "lollipop wine" Beaujolais nouveaux ??

:D

Seriously, are you talking about a food and drink pairing or about mixing in a cooking sauce. I can certainly see that combination in a sauce - like a Thai peanut sauce or something to put over baked fish.

As for a food pairing, peanut butter anything paired with Auslese or Kabinett sounds like it would be great. I'm a sucker for the uberfruity dessert wines though (see "lollipop wine").

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
And you're the guy who gave me guff about liking that "lollipop wine" Beaujolais nouveaux ??

:D

Seriously, are you talking about a food and drink pairing or about mixing in a cooking sauce. I can certainly see that combination in a sauce - like a Thai peanut sauce or something to put over baked fish.

As for a food pairing, peanut butter anything paired with Auslese or Kabinett sounds like it would be great. I'm a sucker for the uberfruity dessert wines though (see "lollipop wine").

It's not lollipop wine. It's wine flavored Kool-Aid.

I was eating peanut butter pretzels and drinking wine. Cheap wine.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
Route 57 near evansville or Route 13 through Carterville?

you know making the trip from the south burbs (matteson) to Carbondale (down 57) for years, i never managed to get a speeding ticket. One time..we traveled from the US30/I57 intersection to the 13/57 intersection in under 4 hours. It was something like 3 hours and 40 minutes. Don't know about anyone else but for us it was a record. i hardly ever saw cops on 57 back in the day ('87-'97)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
Two whole speeding tickets before I'm 21. Dumbest thing ever.

Bought my first new car back in 1988, Dodge Daytona Turbo, black with t-tops and a manual trans, and day 2 got a ticket racing a Mustang (which I beat!).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
57 both times.

those cops have a couple of really good hiding spots. I actually got nailed by a plane one time, going 79 MPH. Im driving along with my wife and I see 3 cops on the side of the road, the last cop points at me and points to the side of the road. He gets me out of the car and tells me that a plane clocked me and blah blah I get a ticket. I get in the car and my wife goes "i saw a blue plane flying back and forth in front of us and I thought nothing of it." I was so pissed

Where that huge cross is past Salem, there is a curve where the cops can see you and get you on the gun before you see the cops.

I got pulled over when I was 17 for supposedly going 55 in a 40, which was garbage cuz I wasn't in a 40 zone for a few miles and I saw the cop pull out behind me to get me. The guy gave me a warning which leads me to still think it was BS.

I don't like the predictive text on this phone. I type in off, it suggests "offsetleft". What in the bloody hell does that mean?

Also, any suggestions for a good hair gel/spray for guys? Remember, I'm cheap.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
I don't like the predictive text on this phone. I type in off, it suggests "offsetleft". What in the bloody hell does that mean?

Also, any suggestions for a good hair gel/spray for guys? Remember, I'm cheap.

dude, Suave makes stuff for men nowadays, and they almost always sell stuff for cheap0rz...thats my hair gel. I've also used it only like 2 times, but I'm just not a hair gel kinda guy...I merely like having it around, just in case.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
Two whole speeding tickets before I'm 21. Dumbest thing ever.

I lucked out. New provisions in the punishment of traffic violations took effect January 1, 2006. About two months before I turned 21. Until then I had collected four speeding tickets in the five years I was driving. Two separate occasions, I had a speeding ticket less than six months after the first and had to enroll in an eight hour traffic course at Moraine Valley Community College. I would have been screwed now.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

So I played one on one today against a guy who was a redshirt freshman last year on the University of Arizona basketball team and beat him to 11 (we were playing to 15 and I eventually lost, but it was a zillion degrees and I got fatigued, I was up 11-6).

I have absolutely no idea how it happened but he kept complimenting my basketball moves (and for anyone that has seen me play, I am a typical white guy on the court, ie very unathletic). I have a nice step back jumper though.

Regardless, I felt like a legitimate basketball player after such a performance. He also had some cool stories talking about how happy him and the players are to have Lute Olsen back (he said he wasn't around Lute much, but when he was, the difference was huge from the guy that had replaced him).