2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
ryan sweeney 4-4 tonight

Sweeney is the one guy from that deal that has a chance at becoming an above average player. However, I have my doubts if he'd ever have long term success with the Sox (realistically he had quite a few guys to climb on our depth chart).

the red sox have only 17 runs in 5 games (and only 2 in 5 innings today)...i think that offense could be starting to get real old, real fast...i think boston fans will finally realize that they took for granted how good manny and ortiz had been as they both are now clearly on the downside of their career (manny for sure, probably with ortiz too)....

thats not to say they wont hit this year, but im not sure they will be the juggenaut they were for a while

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
It's too bad Cecil Cooper just left Oswalt in to die.

oswalt sure looks very average doesnt he? no Ks today, 10 hits...11 hits last time in 5.1 against the padres....didnt have that good biting curve today or that extra umph on his fastball....good thing too i drafted him in just about each of my fantasy leagues

i cant believe cooper left him in that long

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Sweeney is the one guy from that deal that has a chance at becoming an above average player. However, I have my doubts if he'd ever have long term success with the Sox (realistically he had quite a few guys to climb on our depth chart).

If you are a young kid trying to get a shot in the MLB, it seems Oakland is the place to go. They will give all their young guys more than one shot at succeeding. Teams like us on the other hand, you get a few months.

im a pretty big fan of len kasper and bob brenely, i think they are good announcers...but i am really starting to get annoyed with len kasper cracking his voice on every run scoring hit of the game.....baaaaAAAASEEE HHHIiiit.....

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Frank Thomas grand slam against Boston.

Most shocking part, he hit a first pitch fastball.

I cant remember when Frank swung first pitch, but if he starts doing it more often I think he could put up some solid numbers.

And as an added bonus 3 of the 4 runs that scored on his granny will be charged to Josh Beckett. 4 2/3 IP, 6 ER, quite the start to the season.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
LOL. Millwood 0-2, 1 CG, 1.29 ERA. To pitch a CG with 0 ER and lose. That has to suck.

Andy Hawkins once pitched a no hitter against the White Sox and lost. His next start he pitched 11 scoreless innings and lost the game in the 12th inning. His next start after that, the Yankees got no hit in a 6 inning game by Melido Perez. 3 consecutive starts with 0 run support.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
I really don't think much of this is going to matter, as the D'Backs are going to roll over everyone in the NL.

I'm not about to sleep on the Mets, but the DBacks are ridiculously good.

I see Mets-Dbacks NLCS.