White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the game being DVR'ed at home ala DirecTV Extra Innings (Free preview this week for all those with DirecTV). Plus the wife let me get it this season, basically so she could use the computer at home instead of me watching the games through MLBtv.

Can't decide if I shoudl still play in chat at follow by Gamecast while at work though.

Go Sox!

Edited by Shamrock4Life

MLB is so retarded. An entire series gets snowed out in Cleveland to start the year in 2007, now its supposed to poor rain all day there as well.

You'd think they'd stick the first few weeks worth of games in warmer climate/domed areas. It's highly doubtful either Chicago team will get a game in today.

QUOTE(BlizzardOfOzzie @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 08:56 AM)
It normally always is the Indians, but I could have sworn we opened against the Royals in 2004.

We did, I believe that was the carlos beltran, billy koch game.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)
We're supposed to get 5-9 inches of snow between today and tonight. Yeah, it feels like baseball season.

Should be fun when the Twins open up the new stadium, you know the one with no roof that's being built right on the waterfront.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)
MLB is so retarded. An entire series gets snowed out in Cleveland to start the year in 2007, now its supposed to poor rain all day there as well.

You'd think they'd stick the first few weeks worth of games in warmer climate/domed areas. It's highly doubtful either Chicago team will get a game in today.

I read an article with the Indians' groundskeeper last week. There were portions of the field still frozen last week. They needed a lot of sun to get the field playable. A lot of rain could wipe out the entire series. BTW, Miller Park is not being used today. Stupid.

We did, I believe that was the carlos beltran, billy koch game.

Yeah it sure was a Beltran walk-off. It was Ozzie's debut as manager and he made some poor decisions in that loss. People were calling for Ozzie to get fired after that game...not a lot has changed.

According to weather.com (Sox vs Tribe), Rain will be there by 6pm. Other than that its cloudy and temp should be 48-52 degrees by the start of the first pitch. It looks like they'll get the game in on time. This is great news for me because i took the day off work today. Yep got in late from Boston last night... maybe i brought back home that World Series luck just in time for the season.

No more thinking about 2007... Time to make the sports writers and sceptics look stupid... time to believe that a new season can bring new magic... time to have fun in 2008! A new season, a new time to believe!

:gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox4: :usa :headbang :usa :cheers :D

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
It's pouring here in Indy.. chances the game gets played today?

Love that the Cubs are hosting the Brewers... way to go MLB!

yeah, it's pouring here in Crystal Lake, I can't imagine that game has much of a chance of going, if it does the outfield will be a disaster, even with Bosard's new field