That Was Not As Good Of A Game... The Semi-Positive Postgame Thread

knightni

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vazquez was decent. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't great either. However, he didn't get any help from the offense, and, IMO, that ball Sizemore hit out to RF should have been caught by Dye... well, at least he was a hella lot better then Buehrle. The thing that the Indians did really well was actually make Vazquez work. We didn't make Carmona work at all.

And the offense returned to its usual lethargic self that we seem to remember so clearly from last year.

wouldn't surprise me if BA is on the bench, because he intends on packaging him into a trade somewhere and doesn't want other teams to see that he can't really hit well in the big leagues, moreso letting his spring performance maybe elevate his trade value

i dunno

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
wouldn't surprise me if BA is on the bench, because he intends on packaging him into a trade somewhere and doesn't want other teams to see that he can't really hit well in the big leagues, moreso letting his spring performance maybe elevate his trade value

i dunno

You will see a shaven, sleak, speedster named SouthPaw the mascot out in CF before Ozzie turns over the starting job to him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
Congrats to Ramirez on getting his first hit. I might be annoyed with him right now, but it doesn't mean I won't like him throughout his Sox career.

Ramirez will eventually be good but as of right now he just plain looks like he's not ready.

Many things need to be done for tomorrow.

First of all I believe Danks will have a real good game, but I am saying that cause I am really excited to see his first start and he has that new cutter, so I am hoping it changes his game a bit.

Others this lineup needs to be scratched completely. Not to state the obvious, but Ramirez needs to be batting 9th. Also I hope Ozzie imputs some new players. I hope we see no Uribe in the lineup instead Ramirez at 2B, and then either BA in there(just to make the people who are curious about him happy), but really I want to see Swisher in Center and CQ in Left Field.

We need to put some mix in the end of that lineup cause it is so dead, also tonight watching O-Cab for his first couple of bats, I know he is a lifetime #2 hitter, but a game with him maybe at #1 would be nice to see. He takes a lot of pitches and gives those next batters time to study the pitcher.

I think of a lineup

Swisher

O-Cab

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Quentin

AJP

Crede

Ramirez

I kept Swisher at leadoff cause I dont see it changing obviously

A.J and Dye have started off well.

But it also shows how important it is for Swisher and O-Cab to produce and get on base. When they don't like today, we're going to struggle, as our bottom half of the order in Ramirez - Crede - Uribe really doesn't look that good right now.

I'd get either BA or Quentin into the lineup tomorrow.

Why has Alexei Ramirez started 2 games in CF? If you are going to put up with bad/mediocre defense at a somewhat critical position, make it 2B and not CF. Please.

I love what I think Alexei will eventually bring to this club, but I don't think he is ready for the majors, nor do I think he is ready to man CF for a team that is supposed to contend. If you are going to do that, atleast make it the right man for the job, whether that be Quentin/Swisher or Swisher/Anderson in LF and CF.

Please Ozzie. I know you love Alexei, and I do too, but not in CF. Please. Not when you have Juan Uribe at 2B.

And here is comes. Owens is near to come off the DL. And guess which player is going down.

'Obviously having a guy who can run a little bit in the leadoff spot is an ideal situation, but like I said before, I don't want a guy who can fly and all of a sudden never gets on base,'' Guillen said. ''The plans out of spring training were the way Jerry was playing, having him lead off and having Swisher back somewhere he can help us.

''When Jerry is ready to play, then we'll make the decision. Jerry comes back and starts playing with us, he should be the leadoff guy.''

Putting Owens in the leadoff spot won't be as difficult as the decision on the 25-man roster. Either Brian Anderson or Carlos Quentin likely will have to go down to the minors.

lol, owens is going to disappoint a lot of unsuspecting sox fans :)

and this team isn't built to contend, if it was, we wouldn't have Owens preparing to be our leadoff guy, we wouldn't have basically 3 unknowns in our rotation, we wouldn't have a guy who's never faced MLB pitching in his whole life, as the starting 2B or CF

this team is a joke right now, it's hilarious

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
lol, owens is going to disappoint a lot of unsuspecting sox fans :)

and this team isn't built to contend, if it was, we wouldn't have Owens preparing to be our leadoff guy, we wouldn't have basically 3 unknowns in our rotation, we wouldn't have a guy who's never faced MLB pitching in his whole life, as the starting 2B or CF

this team is a joke right now, it's hilarious

I'll just go ahead and call bulls*** on that one and say that this team is built to contend; however, it is not structured to contend.

AJP, Konerko, Cabrera, Swisher (either LF or CF), Dye, and Thome are fine.

Then...

2B - Alexei and Richar when healthy (or that's unnecessary if Alexei can hit MLB pitching, which I doubt at this point)

3B - Fields

LF - Swisher/Quentin

CF - Anderson/Swisher

...and that team can contend. I don't think a team with Uribe, Crede, and Owens in the starting lineup has any chance in hell at contending. But apparently Williams finds it necessary that he can get value for a mediocre 3Bman and a terrible 2B/SS just because they are making money, while Owens is starting for some unbeknownst reason to me.

I hate the way the team is structured right now, especially when I think that better pieces are not waiting in the wings, but rather ignored in the wings. It's very frustrating as a fan.

Edited by witesoxfan