THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

The Beast

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's nice to have a little streak going, we win tomorrow, we're 4-2 after road trips at Cleveland and Detroit, I think anybody here would have taken that before the start of the season.

Gavin has always pitched well in Detroit, so I was confident of a good performance from him today. He provides that sort of line on a regular basis, this team will probably finish above .500 IMHO.

8 walks was really good as well, albeit Willis was very wild today. In 18 AB's so far, Swisher has 8BB's and 4 K's in the leadoff spot. And Dye's had a fantastic start to the season, hopefully he's in for a good productive season.

Oh and once again, scoreless innings in relief. I cannot stress how important that is for this team. Logan, Linebrink and Jenks, well done.

Didnt get to see today's game (was out taking advantage of the weather getting in my first round of golf for the year), but I am really, really pleased with the outcome. Love to see Floyd having a good start to the season! From the box score it looks like it was an exciting game.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
Oh and once again, scoreless innings in relief. I cannot stress how important that is for this team. Logan, Linebrink and Jenks, well done.

As well as Dotel. Besides one bad pitch...he's been pretty lights out as well. Nice combo to have. I'd still like to see them send MMac down though and bring up Wasserman.

Count me as one that is still very 'cautiously' optimistic about what we've seen from this team the last 3 games. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're 3-2 (especially after losing our first couple), but it's going to take A LOT more than a 3-game winning streak before we know if this team is for real or not. The offense looks ten times better than it did last year after the first week. The bullpen has been good. But it was real good last year through April. Hard to believe that after one trip through the rotation that the only two guys to pitch well have been Danks and Floyd. Mark owes us a real good start tomorrow.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
As well as Dotel. Besides one bad pitch...he's been pretty lights out as well. Nice combo to have. I'd still like to see them send MMac down though and bring up Wasserman.

Wasserman closed the Charlotte game tonight for a save. Pitched one inning... struck out two batters. No walks. No hits. Threw 10 pitches. 8 for strikes. Nice outing.

Edited by scenario

Tough to find anything wrong about today's game. You take Inge out of the Tigers lineup, and Floyd has a shut out. Hell, I feel Floyd was taken out too early, but I guess it's early in the season. Going into this season, most people were worried about Buehrle and Floyd. While I was worried about those two as well, I was mainly worried about Contreras and Buehrle. If Floyd and Danks can develop into a good 1-2 punch, I feel much better about this season... and the future.

Jenks low velocity still scares me, but with his variety of pitches and usually good location, he should get by for the most part.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
Tough to find anything wrong about today's game. You take Inge out of the Tigers lineup, and Floyd has a shut out. Hell, I feel Floyd was taken out too early, but I guess it's early in the season. Going into this season, most people were worried about Buehrle and Floyd. While I was worried about those two as well, I was mainly worried about Contreras and Buehrle. If Floyd and Danks can develop into a good 1-2 punch, I feel much better about this season... and the future.

Jenks low velocity still scares me, but with his variety of pitches and usually good location, he should get by for the most part.

Huh? Who the hell was worried about Buehrle?

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Yeah I assumed that's what you meant. Danks is Baby Buehrle anyway though.

Which is great for us. Think about having TWO Buehrles in the staff, a few years down the road. How sick would that be? Assuming one of Broadway and/or Floyd develop into good starting pitchers, and Danks keeps it up, I think we have a good rotation 3 years down the road.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 03:06 AM)

What???? No knee jerk reactions??? OMG THE SKY IS FALLING - OMG THE SKY IS FALLING....WE HAVE NO FARM SYSTEM....WE HAVE NO STARTING PITCHING.....WE HAVE NO BULL PEN.....WE TRADED AWAY 1ST BALLOT HOF'ER RYAN SWEENEY.....BLAH BLAH BLAH

Well we have a leadoff hitter, actually getting on base in front of the big boppers. This is what a leadoff hitter should do. Now I understand that we have people who equate leadoff hitter with 40 yard dash times, but oddly the RedSox batted Youklis up there one year with some good success based on the fact that he could get on base.

Also Carlos Quentin needs to be the everyday LF. This kid has all sorts of potential. Its amazing watching a LF who can actually make a throw and a play on a fielder. Previously that same out would of been at least cut twice. He gets deep into counts, and has good power. Wait till it heats up in the summer. This kid could be a major force in LF.

Floyd, for all the hate this kid gets on here for not being Cy Freakin Young. He is our 5th starter. And he pitched well today. He will have good days and bad. His breaking stuff is pretty good, and unlike a lot of our previous 5th starters with his talent he can shut down a team.

When Owens comes off the DL, I would like him to assume the role that he should play on this team. 4th OF and pinch runner. Ramirez should go down, and take over everyday SS for the Knights. He is our SS of the future and needs more seasoning.

With the Davanon pickup, you figure that Brian will eventually be sent off or traded.

And for the radar gun police. We see this every year with Jenks. His velocity coming out of April into May is down. Then it goes up to the mid 90s. He has 4 pitches and can get major league hitters out without the triple digits. When he gets his mid 90s velocity and above he becomes a freak. Right now, he is a pitcher. And with a screw in his arm, I would rather have the mid 90s guy with great control, over the triple digits thrower that he was when he came up.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 01:14 AM)
Did I miss something? Or did the Sox ink Davanon?

signed him to a minor league contract. He's in the outfield at Charlotte. More of a last reserve option than he is a potential player for the Sox.

Another great win for the Sox! They stayed patient, took some pitches and pounced when they had the chance.

Dye rocking a 5 game hitting streak with a dinger.......

Floyd with a quality start.............

Bullpen came through with another scoreless performance.........

Whats not to love?!

GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!!!