6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox stink against Lilly. Stats mean nothing against Lilly.

(sorry had to try the reverse jinx on your post).

Big series. If Danks fares well Friday, my respect for him will grow leaps and bounds.

It's a great game for him to start. If we are ultimately going to make the playoffs he can grow from a game like this, cause it's on a big stage.

Cabrera     5-16, 2B, BB, K              .313/.450/.375/.825

Pierzynski 1-3 .333/.333/.333/.666

Quentin 0-0

Dye 2-10, HR, RBI, 2 BB, 4 K .200/.333/.500/.833

Swisher 5-15, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 3 BB, K .333/.444/.800/1.244

Crede 4-15, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, 5 K .267/.313/.333/.646

Anderson 0-2, BB, K .000/.333/.000/.333

Ramirez 0-0

Thome 2-7, 2B, 1 BB, 3 K .286/.375/.429/.804

Hall 9-22, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 3 BB, K .409/.480/.591/1.071

Ozuna 0-4

Wise 0-0

Uribe 3-12, 2 HR, 5 RBI, K .250/.231/.750/.981

Total: .284/.368/.495/.863

Yeah, they seem to hold their own against Lilly. Now does Ozzie play the percentages and start Toby?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
Yeah, they seem to hold their own against Lilly. Now does Ozzie play the percentages and start Toby?

I would but both are swinging a hot bat right now and Ozzie may want AJ going in the 1st game with Danks on the mound. I am waiting for another Lilly meltdown and throwing of the mitt after a Dye 3 run blast on to Waveland. Go you White Sox!

Tough call by Ozzie.

AJP is pretty emotional and probably would be pissed.

I say play AJP, but it's tough to ignore those Toby stats vs. Lilly.

Our lefties need to concentrate and go with the frickin pitch.

If Thome plays he better not whiff 3 times.

C'mon Jimmy, stay hot and hit the ball hard.

awwww damn!!!!! i am excited. buster olney talking about a possible preview of a Chicago World Series as i type this. GO SOX!!!! i will be there saturday. look for me, i will be the jack ass rocking the crede jersey in the bleachers.

Right now the Cubs are a little down by that Rays sweep... Lets push em while there down.... Calling all Sox, Calling all Sox... time to beat the crap out of the Cubs!! SHould be a hell of a series... Lets hope Danksy goes 7 strong and we can finally hit Lilly, i think our offense is finally starting to turn it around vs Lefties....

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
Toby at First?

Hasnt that turned out badly in the past??

Also i hope Jimmy doesnt start today hes a downgrade in the field and against a lefty with a good breaking ball hed be better served as a pinch hitter once they bring the bullpen in.

Also if anyone was interested ESPN has us as an underdog thanks to their full proof Accuscore system....so i guess we can just pack it in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=280620116

Work here is having a BBQ in honor of the game. I am wearing a Sox T-shirt for casual Friday for the game.

As for the game, I wouldn't start Thome until tomorrow or Sunday, since Lilly is a lefty. Keep Swisher in there. No Toby -- he hasn't played first since he got hurt.

Hopefully, last night's game hurt the psyche of Marmol.

:gosox4: :bringit :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:58 AM)
We have to take one batter out of the lineup, why in the world would Toby Hall go in to play first base?

One labrum down, One labrum to go

The hype of the series has me very anxious. Can't wait 'till first pitch. This is the 3rd straight lefty the Sox will face in as many days, can we prevail?

Additionally, after the Cubs' bullpen explosion yesterday, how will Lou use his bullpen?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Iam getting off of work about 5 hours early today to watch the game.My boss is a Cubs fan so I didnt think this would be a possibility.

I'm crossing my fingers my boss pops in my office and lets me go at lunch. if not I have to go to CVS to get a radio since I forgot to grab mine this morning...

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
I'm crossing my fingers my boss pops in my office and lets me go at lunch. if not I have to go to CVS to get a radio since I forgot to grab mine this morning...

Isnt it like $3.95 on mlb.com to get the game? Thats what I will do.

I wish I could watch the game on mlb.tv, but no streaming videos at work, luckily I'm allowed to watch it on gameday. So that will do I guess. Hopefully I can somewhat feel the atmosphere in this thread.