Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah it wouldn't be a thread without dick bringing up konerko again.

And everyone, Thome and Konerko will not platoon at dh, thome hits righties and lefties better than paul.

We all know Griffey isn't going to play everyday cf, so something else is going to happen. I'd look for kw to possibly flip jr to someone like the mets or az for pen help.

La Velle E. Neal III and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune have the latest Twins buzz.

* The Twins would like to trade Boof Bonser to make room for Francisco Liriano. The Giants and Rangers might be interested.

* Targets for the Twins: relief help, third base, and second base.

* Talks for Adrian Beltre are not dead. The Mariners are eyeing Nick Blackburn, Scott Baker, Kevin Slowey, Glen Perkins, and Denard Span. The Twins aren't biting. Sounds like the Mariners want a premium arm for Beltre from the Twins or Giants, but those teams see it as more of a salary dump.

* The Twins asked about Brian Roberts but couldn't get anywhere.

* The Rays might be looking at Craig Monroe as a bench option.

pretty much bad news all around for the twins ... I just dont know why they wont give up any of those players for Beltre, if would help us

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
Alexi Casilla is most likely out for the year, per Stone.

Wow

Yeah, Tony posted that a couple days ago, huge news which is why the Twins have been eyeing Roberts and the other available 2B

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
pretty much bad news all around for the twins ... I just dont know why they wont give up any of those players for Beltre, if would help us

I'll be very happy if 3 rolls around and beltre is in seattle. (or not minny)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)

And everyone, Thome and Konerko will not platoon at dh, thome hits righties and lefties better than paul.

We all know Griffey isn't going to play everyday cf, so something else is going to happen. I'd look for kw to possibly flip jr to someone like the mets or az for pen help.

rock seriously? If that were to happen then this trade would not have been announced. It would have been kept quiet until the second deal was done. I think there will be another deal but not involving griffey.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:58 AM)
yeah damn this HAS to mean either Swish or Pauly are gone... but i can't believe we'd dump Swish... isn't he our 1B of the future?

I don't see either of these guys going anywhere. Paulie has about $30 million left on his deal and is playing (poorly) through an injury. Who wants a guy like that? Swish appears to be in the Sox's long-term plans, and I don't see him being moved either.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)

KW loves Griffey. I doubt he moves again. I think Griffey is our CF.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)

Or send Konerko to Arizona for Micah Owings (recently sent to AAA) and a spect

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
Or send Konerko to Arizona for Micah Owings (recently sent to AAA) and a spect

please dont, we better be getting like 3 players back with him and 1 of them better be better then Owings

Owings is going to AAA for a reason, Dbacks should just tell him to become a 1B

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
Are you a fan of the White Sox or just of Paul Konerko?

I'm a fan of the White Sox. I want them to acquire good players. Griffey is no better than what was already here IMO. Its 2008 not 1996. I really am not a big Konerko fan, I just have been astounded by all the crap he gets from people who claim to be White Sox fans.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm a fan of the White Sox. I want them to acquire good players. Griffey is no better than what was already here IMO. Its 2008 not 1996. I really am not a big Konerko fan, I just have been astounded by all the crap he gets from people who claim to be White Sox fans.

If only we had the insight of Reds fans.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
Revitalized like Robby Alomar? Swisher had a nice OPS in June, it didn't mean squat in July.

What is Konerko doing, again? Alomar also posted a .253 .330 .340 line with us in 2003, which is right in your boy Uribe's territory. By your logic, any struggling player posting a nice month will immediately be awful the next month. Might want to be careful with blanket statements like that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)

Konerko makes a lot of money this year, and is not earning it. he is a big boy and can handle the criticism.