WS WINNA!

knightni

I bet those "fans" who left the game after Paulie was down 1-2 that were sitting in the first row behind home plate feel like real douchebags...

K-Rod is the single reason I hate the Angels. He's like Zambrano x10. I just wanna punch him in his gross neck beard....

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Let's not forget how bad Jeff Cox is though,

In general, I agree.

as it was a horrible decision sending BA home, just plain luck that he was safe.

But not in this case. The Sox were coming off of two demoralizing losses at home and were a run down with two outs in the 9th. In that situation, I don't have a problem with Cox rolling the dice. If Cox holds him up, what are the chances that they get Anderson in from third with two outs?

AJ is simply awesome. It's great to have him on our side. He's a playmaker anyway you look at it. The dropped third strike in the ALCS, today's incident...he makes things happen.

If this team can continue to get it together and win (especially when MN loses) they have a chance.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
AJ is just awesome. One more reason for all the pricks to hate him.

AJ is awesome indeed. On my team. I think it's fair to say that if he was a Tampa Ray and doing something like he did today, there wouldnt be enough expletives in the expletive bank to use up on these boards.

Absolutely he's someone you love to root for, but I dont know that you can really fault fans of opposing teams for really hating some of his techniques. I hope he's a Sox for life.

Edited by Princess Dye

I have no problem with Cox rolling the dice in that situation. The chance that Cabrera gets a hit is less than 30%. The chance that the Rays f*** up the throw and tag is greater than that, albeit probably not by much, but it's still the right decision. Making a pressure throw and tag is not easy, and we saw that today.

I agree with Cox' gamble, but that's knowing that BA was safe.

Apparently Upton has been a problem with laziness in the past with the Rays. Maddon has benched him for not running plays out in the past. Maddon even benched him during a no-hit game, which was screwed up by the replacement center fielder. Thank you lazy Upton. Thank you.

QUOTE (oralsoxpodcast @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
I agree with Cox' gamble, but that's knowing that BA was safe.

Apparently Upton has been a problem with laziness in the past with the Rays. Maddon has benched him for not running plays out in the past. Maddon even benched him during a no-hit game, which was screwed up by the replacement center fielder. Thank you lazy Upton. Thank you.

whoa

After today's win and the dogfight to stay ahead in the central, I hope we all now understand that no matter what happens the rest of the way, our chests swell with Sox Pride.

Yeah, but for today only. You'd be surprised what several losses in a row will do to our mindset as fans.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
I have no problem with Cox rolling the dice in that situation. The chance that Cabrera gets a hit is less than 30%. The chance that the Rays f*** up the throw and tag is greater than that, albeit probably not by much, but it's still the right decision. Making a pressure throw and tag is not easy, and we saw that today.

Agreed. The throw, the catch and the tag have to happen with any screw ups. In that situation, going for it was the right call.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
before Paulie got up to bat I said "it will erase everything you've done this year if you just get me a hit" so now I'm #1 paulie fan.

Join the club...3 members strong before the game tieing 9th inning hit...

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
I hate Orlando Cabrerra and therefore like the Jeff Cox move. He needs to know to not get guys thrown out when there is a player that can come through.

I also think Alexi Ramirez is the best hitter on the team when it comes to driving in a run or having to do something t oadjust during an at-bat.

Well said. Also as Rosenbloom said, Alexi Ramirez is spanish for Joe Crede. He's clutch and you're right, makes good adjustments during at-bats. I've heard some experts say that because he's a free swinger he'll never be a great hitter....but I'm sure there's evidence to the contrary. If I wasn't so gay in love with Carlos, I'd be gay in love with Alexi. But I just can't cheat on Carlos like that.