Anyone else...

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
I'll watch but I have already begun the mental process of detaching myself from this team the past few days. If they win, that all goes out the window during the Cleveland series.

See, that is a very difficult process to stop. I wish I could mentally "re-attach" myself for this Twins series, even if it is to feel the agony of defeat for one last time on the season. But I just haven't been able to do it.

I'll be there, so yes, I'll be watching.

What have the first 2 been like in person? Are the fans mocking us? It seems we've given their fans absolutely no reason this season to think we'll ever beat them in that dome. I'd think it's a big party in the dome. We come in there and we're the guests who let the hosts put on quite a party.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Stop going to the games, you're bad luck.

edit: dunno if this should be in green or not

Screw that, I never get to see the Sox in person. There's no way I'm missing them while they're in town for the biggest series I've ever seen in person. It's like a playoff game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
What have the first 2 been like in person? Are the fans mocking us? It seems we've given their fans absolutely no reason this season to think we'll ever beat them in that dome. I'd think it's a big party in the dome. We come in there and we're the guests who let the hosts put on quite a party.

Honestly, painful. The fans aren't terrible, but waiting for the bus the past two days has sucked. Tonight was student night, so everyone was wasted and just annoying ("Nice jersey, retard"). I've been in a section with mostly old people, and haven't really talked to them, but there have been a few good guys (other than one guy that kept looking at me throughout the night while I was talking to my roommate).

Honestly, painful. The fans aren't terrible, but waiting for the bus the past two days has sucked. Tonight was student night, so everyone was wasted and just annoying ("Nice jersey, retard"). I've been in a section with mostly old people, and haven't really talked to them, but there have been a few good guys (other than one guy that kept looking at me throughout the night while I was talking to my roommate).

Well, thanks for representing. We definitely feel your pain. Oh for a win in Game 3 to prolong this agonizing month of contention.

I keep thinking and saying I won't, but I will- listen to it- as I'll be at work. I had an urge to smash the radio today though. Still not sure I'll journey to the Cell on Sunday though. I'm sure if the Twins win it before then though, Lee will be as good as a cigar on that mound and Chicago might lose it's bid for the Olympics due to poor air quality from the fireworks show we're bound to put on.

I will watch the game tonight. But I will definitely avoid all sports radio, newspapers, and sports websites. I will also avoid all White Sox related conversation with anyone unless I know for a fact they are a real White Sox fan. Someone is bound to say something about the Sox today that is really going to piss me off.

I havn't posted here in a while, but this seems like a silly post. If you are a Sox fan, you dont give up on your team when they are STILL in 1st place! I dont think I could have said this a couple years ago, but if your to the point where you cant stomach watching the Sox play a baseball game, you need a new hobby. Life moves on win or lose. Watch the game, root for your team, and hopefully we'll be watching them in October!

Go Sox :-)

i'll be watching at work but hopefully tonight i won't be shouting out "f***!" like I did when wise popped out last night. Co-workers got a little jumpy. I wouldn't miss it - I honestly thought the sox would be sellers in July and as hard as it is to watch them take the pipe, I'm happy to be watching meaningful baseball in late September.

I havn't posted here in a while, but this seems like a silly post. If you are a Sox fan, you dont give up on your team when they are STILL in 1st place! I dont think I could have said this a couple years ago, but if your to the point where you cant stomach watching the Sox play a baseball game, you need a new hobby. Life moves on win or lose. Watch the game, root for your team, and hopefully we'll be watching them in October!

Wow, well said.