Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
Im going to go with, thinking about being with another man.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
Exactly what I'm thinking as well

Wait... you're thinking about being with another man? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Okay, I know this is last minute but I need the help of someone who's decent at photoshop for a poster I need to put together by tomorrow.

Anybody wanna help a fellow ST member in need?

Well, I do have mad Photoshop skilz as this sweet sig I made for Soxpranos demonstrates.

So, Do I get the gig?

soxpranos.jpg

Fox has been running some of the older Simpsons lately, and man it was a such a different and way better show. I don't hate the newer episodes, but they're nowhere near as good. Anyone have any season where it started to go? I'll have to take some time and look at episode guides, but when it started getting Lisa heavy it nose dived

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Fox has been running some of the older Simpsons lately, and man it was a such a different and way better show. I don't hate the newer episodes, but they're nowhere near as good. Anyone have any season where it started to go? I'll have to take some time and look at episode guides, but when it started getting Lisa heavy it nose dived

Season 9-season 10 was the beginning of the slow decline, IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Season 9-season 10 was the beginning of the slow decline, IMO.

Just about every episode in season 9 was excellent IMO, it began to change but still very good. Season 10 is definitely where it began to waiver, a lot more celebrity voices and the episodes were more hit and miss. Season 11 is where the show went straight to hell, from then on out it became unwatchable. It's kind of sad, for the first 9 seasons it was about as good as it gets but around half of the show's run has been crap.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
Just about every episode in season 9 was excellent IMO. Season 10 is definitely where it began to waiver, a lot more celebrity voices and the episodes were more hit and miss. Season 11 is where the show went straight to hell, from then on out it became unwatchable. It's kind of sad, for the first 9 seasons it was about as good as it gets but around half of the show's run has been crap.

It started getting bad when it became too self aware and preachy. It tried to get cutesy with stuff and it just didn't work.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
It started getting bad when it became too self aware and preachy. It tried to get cutesy with stuff and it just didn't work.

It's kind of like South Park to me though that show can still churn out a decent episode here and there. The first 6 seasons were simply incredible but then the show began to change, much like with the Simpsons the animation got a lot better (don't know why this is a negative with me but it is, I can often tell a good Simpsons episode from a bad one right away just based on the animation), the subject matter was more graphic (at times it seemed like they were going for shock factor alone) and nearly all the episodes became parodies or based solely on real life events often lampooning a person in the news. I know Trey and Matt would often brag about the fact that they could start and finish an episode in 3 or 4 days. A story could break on Friday and they'd run an episode lampooning it by Wednesday.

The Simpsons is just a different show today, completely unrecognizable from its heyday. Watch and episode from season 12 or 15 then an episode from season 4 or 7, same characters, entirely different show.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
It's kind of like South Park to me though that show can still churn out a decent episode here and there. The first 6 seasons were simply incredible but then the show began to change, much like with the Simpsons the animation got a lot better (don't know why this is a negative with me but it is, I can often tell a good Simpsons episode from a bad one right away just based on the animation), the subject matter was more graphic (at times it seemed like they were going for shock factor alone) and nearly all the episodes became parodies or based solely on real life events often lampooning a person in the news. I know Trey and Matt would often brag about the fact that they could start and finish an episode in 3 or 4 days. A story could break on Friday and they'd run an episode lampooning it by Wednesday.

The Simpsons is just a different show today, completely unrecognizable from its heyday. Watch and episode from season 12 or 15 then an episode from season 4 or 7, same characters, entirely different show.

I disagree with you on South Park I think it's had a solid run throughout even changing the feel of the show, but I can definitely see how it could turn off people, it's a completely different show now.

You're right about the Simpsons being a different show today than it was in its prime.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
I disagree with you on South Park I think it's had a solid run throughout even changing the feel of the show, but I can definitely see how it could turn off people, it's a completely different show now.

You're right about the Simpsons being a different show today than it was in its prime.

Yeah, I don't bring up South Park much because I can see why people would still find it funny, it's just one of those instances where it doesn't fit my personal taste anymore. I won't hold back on the Simpsons however, that's just a disgrace.

I'm also not putting South Park in the "unwatchable" category, it's still decent (haven't seen any of season 12 but I did see all of season 11 and thought it was pretty good), if a new episode of South Park is on I'm not adverse to watching it, I just won't go out of my way to watch it anymore unlike the first 6 seasons which were appointment television.

There's a few more shows that IMO have really changed over the years and have become borderline unwatchable because of it, one of them being Scrubs but I know I'm pretty much alone on that one. It's sad because for the first 5 or 6 seasons (I forget which) Scrubs was probably my favorite show.