White Sox at Tigers 12:05 CDT first pitch April 14th game thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 06:36 AM)
Im going to go out on a limb here and say this is the first day of Brians long career as a fulltime starter. I just have this feeling he is going to take it this time.

Are we sure he's in the lineup and it's NOT Jerry Owens??? I haven't seen a lineup posted anywhere

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 07:41 AM)
Are we sure he's in the lineup and it's NOT Jerry Owens??? I haven't seen a lineup posted anywhere

Ozzie already said he is going to be starting

“Kenny made that decision because we need a center fielder right now," Guillen said of the Owens' promotion. "We’re going to start by keep playing with Brian. ... I have to see how (Owens) was doing because I don’t think he was doing too well in Triple-A, either

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 07:48 AM)
Any chance this is played? Looks like showers all day in Detroit.

I was wondering the same thing. Detroit always seems to get the Chicago weather a day later, and the only reason the Cubs played yesterday was because it was opening day, they had no business playing on that field

Would be nice to get the win and take another series from a divisional opponent. Then go for the kill tomorrow! We have a tough stretch coming up with Tampa, Baltimore and Toronto...need to get as many wins now as possible or things could get ugly quick.

Porcello throws a lot of fastballs. We should have the advantage against him, until down the road he figures out how to pitch. But right now this kid is a talented thrower who is going to flood the zone with hard stuff. Expect the sox to pound him.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Weather

It's raining pretty heavily in Detroit about one hour before game time. Let's hope we can get this one in since our bats are hot.

Today's Lineup

Lillibridge 4, Fields 5, Quentin 7, Thome dh, Dye 9, PK 3, AJ 2, Ramirez 6, BA 8. Danks pitching.

Jerry Owens arrived in Detroit to take the roster spot of Dewayne Wise, who was placed on the disabled list with a separated right shoulder after making a diving catch in yesterday's victory.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
They'll probably play, but this wouldn't be the worst game to get rained out. Both teams have next Monday off, so they wouldn't have to worry about pitching anyone on short rest if there is a doubleheader on Wednesday.

One of the guys pitching tomorrow would have to pitch Sunday.