AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

There's nothing better than a game where you score more runs in the 1st inning than the other team does for the whole game. Buehrle was very sharp on the mound tonight (obviously). We need to get to Harrison tomorrow, as he's just not a very good pitcher. I wonder if Ozzie will bench Alexei or play Nix over Getz at 2nd base?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
There's nothing better than a game where you score more runs in the 1st inning than the other team does for the whole game. Buehrle was very sharp on the mound tonight (obviously). We need to get to Harrison tomorrow, as he's just not a very good pitcher. I wonder if Ozzie will bench Alexei or play Nix over Getz at 2nd base?

Keep Alexei on the bench at least 1 more day.

This reminds me of that game that Gavin pitched against the Twins last year. We needed a win badly after going 0-6 on that roadtrip to Minnesota and Toronto. Gavin almost threw a no hitter and I think we won 6-0. Or was it 7-0? Don't remember.

Edited by chw42

Don't want to take a win for granted.

Man, Nix with the nice job at ss and the homer.

AJP with a homer; Paulie continuing to hit well this season.

We score six runs despite oh-fers from Thome, Quentin, Fields and Pods.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:04 AM)
Is this the time to package Alexei and a prospect for some pitching?

I don't know if it was a one time thing or not, but for a guy that hasn't really played SS in a long time, Nix was damned impressive. I think Lillibridges fate got sealed to Charlotte as soon as Anderson is ready.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
In the post game press conference that I was watching and missed the Hawks first goal, Guillen said that Nix would get another day at short then they would reevaluate the situation.

I think Ramirez is going to be staring down the barrell of the Juan Uribe role really soon.

Much as I like what I see of Nix, I think that would be a mistake. Alexei needs regular at bats to get going again.

Heck, maybe we need to move Alexei to CF.

Quentin would have to go another 2-3 weeks for me to be worried. Dude is still young and everyone goes through slumps. *Not an accurate comparison* but is anybody worried about Jimmy Rollins start? Happens to everyone.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)
In the post game press conference that I was watching and missed the Hawks first goal, Guillen said that Nix would get another day at short then they would reevaluate the situation.

I think Ramirez is going to be staring down the barrell of the Juan Uribe role really soon.

Ramirez will be in CF. The guy was fabulous last year. Fabulous. You don't give up on that after a month of the season. That said, if the right offer came along, knowing Beckham is in the wings, I would trade Ramirez for a young starting pitcher in a heart beat.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Sox lose-10 page rants on how the team isnt constructed properly, how coaches cant coach and how everything needs to change. Sox win, *crickets*

If you can't say anything negative, don't say anything at all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Sox lose-10 page rants on how the team isnt constructed properly, how coaches cant coach and how everything needs to change. Sox win, *crickets*

The sox won. Don't you have anything positive to offer other than bashing negative posters?