Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
lebron with the "what the hell, i'm lebron james how is that not a foul" look on his face....great D by noah

The superstar treatment only works so many times.

LeBron used it when he traveled and got a foul called on Kirk.

Shaq used it when he pounced on Gibson and then stared at him as if he were an appetizing meal about ot be consumed.

the Cavs had all but the last call of the game go their way, so I can see why LeBron was surprised at the end.

It was good D though, Noah didnt really initiate contact with LeBron, and LeBron had already lost the ball when the contact occured.

If Deng can stay healthy this year, he might just have a huge year, he looks like a man on a mission.

BWAHAHA @ Lebron James. You expect to get that call 100% of the time, even though you initiate the contact.

Of course if that was Dwight Howard, a foul probably would have been called.

But a very nice win for the Bulls, and the Cavs look the worse out of the big 3 right now.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
The superstar treatment only works so many times.

LeBron used it when he traveled and got a foul called on Kirk.

Shaq used it when he pounced on Gibson and then stared at him as if he were an appetizing meal about ot be consumed.

If I remember correctly, the foul Shaq committed on Gibson wasn't even a shooting foul. Shaq shoved him out of bounds when he was about to go up for a shot. WTF?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)
If I remember correctly, the foul Shaq committed on Gibson wasn't even a shooting foul. Shaq shoved him out of bounds when he was about to go up for a shot. WTF?

He's letting out anger after Oscar De La Hoya beat him in boxing.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
BWAHAHA @ Lebron James. You expect to get that call 100% of the time, even though you initiate the contact.

Of course if that was Dwight Howard, a foul probably would have been called.

But a very nice win for the Bulls, and the Cavs look the worse out of the big 3 right now.

If that was Dwight Howard, he woulda dunked the s*** out of that ball. Great win for the Bulls though in probably the toughest stretch. They have really beat some legit teams so far, and it looks like Deng is on a mission and Noah is near a double-double average per game. Good to see Rose get 10+ assists as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:15 AM)
It was as much of a fall as Shaq's last block was.

Shaq blocked Miller clean, but he bodied Gibson and also had arm contact. Plus he stood over the top of him afterwards, Shaq was getting star calls all night.

That last play, Noah and Deng did not make any contact with LBJ until he had already fumbled the ball away.

I would be very interested to hear what Lebron was saying after the game when he went out into the middle of the court to talk to someone(the ref?) with that overacted look on his face and the pose he made.

I hadn't seen this from the other day...

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....dead-bulls.html

But perhaps the biggest problem is the waste dump that is their mental approach. Get a load of this from Jannero Pargo: "Those guys were missing Michael Redd (knee) and Kurt Thomas. We kind of just took them for granted."

That explains why the Bulls were passing to imaginary friends and making plays that were stupid even for the Bulls. Repeating, the Bulls were taking the Bucks for granted. You kidding me? The Bulls? What has that group accomplished that would ever give them a whiff of arrogance? Lose a Game 7 to a Celtics team missing its best player?

That's an insult to the fans paying some stiff prices for tickets (and food and parking and on and on and on). That's an insult to the team paying some stiff salaries. That's even an insult to the coach who too often acts like a stiff at the end of games.

I’m not blaming the Bulls start Tuesday night on Vinny Del Negro, not when a player admits they didn’t give even a lame opponent enough respect to blow them out early. Game-day preparation is on the players. They did a lousy job of it. They got lucky they were playing a team capable of blowing an 18-point lead.

Tell you what, if I’m Del Negro, here’s how I get my players’ attention today: a two-hour practice without basketballs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:25 AM)
Shaq blocked Miller clean, but he bodied Gibson and also had arm contact. Plus he stood over the top of him afterwards, Shaq was getting star calls all night.

That last play, Noah and Deng did not make any contact with LBJ until he had already fumbled the ball away.

I would be very interested to hear what Lebron was saying after the game when he went out into the middle of the court to talk to someone(the ref?) with that overacted look on his face and the pose he made.

It made it even weirder that he appeared to be smelling his fingers when talking to the ref, maybe thats the new thing?

The national slurping of the Cavs and everything LeBron has really gotten out of hand. I just watched the highlights again, and even though the Bulls won, they didn't show a single play that went the Bulls' way except the no-call and showed that 14 times bringing up the fact that it "certainly looked like Noah hit LeBron"... nevermind that the ball was already on the way out of bounds.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
It made it even weirder that he appeared to be smelling his fingers when talking to the ref, maybe thats the new thing?

what I think he was trying to do is the condescending fist to the chin pose(sort of like the Thinking Man) and he just had his own take on it. Whatever it was, it was plainly obvious that he was telling the officials they were wrong, when for once, they were right.

Even after the game Mike Brown was saying "Maybe I dont understand the rule, I will have to have that rule explained to me..."

what rule? The contact was initiated by LBJ, he lost the ball out of bounds, end of story. No rules bended or broken, your star f***ed up and you lost. Get over it.

It wouldnt even be that close if the Bulls would have gotten some calls correct. Miller was fouled going up for a shot in the 4th quarter and they get the ball out of bounds at half court. LBJ gets fouled, takes 3 more steps, and they count the basket. WTF? Even Albert and Miller were saying he travelled and it shouldnt of counted. Shaq goes block crazy and starts knocking people down, and he ends the game with 2 fouls.

It just doesnt make sense sometimes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
what I think he was trying to do is the condescending fist to the chin pose(sort of like the Thinking Man) and he just had his own take on it. Whatever it was, it was plainly obvious that he was telling the officials they were wrong, when for once, they were right.

Even after the game Mike Brown was saying "Maybe I dont understand the rule, I will have to have that rule explained to me..."

what rule? The contact was initiated by LBJ, he lost the ball out of bounds, end of story. No rules bended or broken, your star f***ed up and you lost. Get over it.

It wouldnt even be that close if the Bulls would have gotten some calls correct. Miller was fouled going up for a shot in the 4th quarter and they get the ball out of bounds at half court. LBJ gets fouled, takes 3 more steps, and they count the basket. WTF? Even Albert and Miller were saying he travelled and it shouldnt of counted. Shaq goes block crazy and starts knocking people down, and he ends the game with 2 fouls.

It just doesnt make sense sometimes.

Shaq's block was hilarious. He ran into Gibson's arms and torso before he even made contact with the ball. Then he stood over him like it was a great play. Frankly it was a great play by a rookie who went up strong against him and was clearly fouled.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
I like Gibson. Thomas may get less and less playing time especially if he is going to be chucking the 20 footers.

The refs in the NBA blow.

I kinda was hoping the replacement refs would of stuck around to see what it would of been like.