Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
I don't understand those who think adding Chris Bosh will make the Bulls a championship contender. No way. They need Wade or LeBron. I agree with you, Rose then Noah and maybe Deng are keepers. Everyone else is roster filler.

I think the Bulls organization should send personal apology letters to all their ticketholders.

Because Bosh, Deng, Noah, Rose, and Gordon at SG is probably a legit championship contending lineup.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
Because Bosh, Deng, Noah, Rose, and Gordon at SG is probably a legit championship contending lineup.

Possibly, but if you had kept Gordon, I don't think you'd have the cap room to sign Bosh to make FA deal.

That's unless you could trade Hinrich, but his value would be so low right now (should have traded him to Portland in the off-season).

Still think Bosh joins Wade in Miami this off-season FWIW.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
Possibly, but if you had kept Gordon, I don't think you'd have the cap room to sign Bosh to make FA deal.

That's unless you could trade Hinrich, but his value would be so low right now (should have traded him to Portland in the off-season).

Still think Bosh joins Wade in Miami this off-season FWIW.

If they had signed Gordon to the deal that he wanted to take last year, and they traded Hinrich(they had 3 chances to do so for expirings since last year), the Bulls would be plenty close. Instead, they need to hope Salmons opts out, still need to trade Hinrich or Deng, and then hope two of Bosh, Wade, Lebron and Joe Johnson want to come. The front office screwed this team. Not Vinny.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
If they had signed Gordon to the deal that he wanted to take last year, and they traded Hinrich(they had 3 chances to do so for expirings since last year), the Bulls would be plenty close. Instead, they need to hope Salmons opts out, still need to trade Hinrich or Deng, and then hope two of Bosh, Wade, Lebron and Joe Johnson want to come. The front office screwed this team. Not Vinny.

You would have to be a complete dumbass to keep Hinrich and his contract or trade for that contract. He just isn't a good basketball player. But then again for some reason Paxson always loved him.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)

I basically compared Hinrich to Steve Blake in the off-season when Portland had their cap room, and was shot down by Bulls fans on this thread (or last year's), that I was severly underestimating Hinrich's value, especially on the defensive end. But for that contract, unless he's starting (which he isn't), he's certainly not worth it.

Salmons the way he has played so far this season, I think will decide to stick around for another season, and hope to make more money in the 2011 FA class.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
I basically compared Hinrich to Steve Blake in the off-season when Portland had their cap room, and was shot down by Bulls fans on this thread (or last year's), that I was severly underestimating Hinrich's value, especially on the defensive end. But for that contract, unless he's starting (which he isn't), he's certainly not worth it.

I remember that. I was one of the few who agreed with you cause well.... I always hated Kirk Hinrich. I hate Hinrich as much as Zoom, Steve and Slav hate Tyrus.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
I remember that. I was one of the few who agreed with you cause well.... I always hated Kirk Hinrich. I hate Hinrich as much as Zoom, Steve and Slav hate Tyrus.

Hinrich was actually a decent player a few seasons ago, when he averaged 16.6PPG and 6ASS's in 06-07.

But since then, he's really gone downhill. And he's not good enough of a shooter to be a 6th man. He's basically a glue guy in a starting 5, not a 6th man.

The Bulls should have moved him as soon as they drafted Rose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Hmm, I missed that game.

What an idiot.

Yea, I'm always hit or miss with LZ Granderson, and could see where he was going until he dropped the Ben Gordon an All-Star line. Then I stopped reading.

Edit: So if the Bulls flounder this season and get a lottery pick (Aldrich?) lets assume Salmons opts out because in this hypothetical, he gets his stuff together, team just sucks it up. Would someone like Wade find a roster of Rose-Deng-Noah-Gibson-Johnson-Hinrich-Aldrich appealing? If Salmons stayed, would the Bulls have to pair Deng or Salmons with the pick in a trade to dump salary?

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
Yea, I'm always hit or miss with LZ Granderson, and could see where he was going until he dropped the Ben Gordon an All-Star line. Then I stopped reading.

Ha, there were a lot of other misleading topics in the one. The fact that the Bulls struck even with him on the floor is a big one.

One of the weirder injuries in the NBA;

The Mavericks are very worried about Dirk's deep elbow cut, that may or may not still contain some of Carl Landry's broken teeth, and are uncertain of how much time he'll miss with the injury.

To make matters worse, it's to his shooting arm. Mark Cuban is optimistic about Dirk's quick return, and he is a warrior, but this injury is not normal by any stretch, and it sounds like Landry's teeth likely went down to the bone. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
It's been the Joe Johnson and Derrick Rose show today.

We're getting extra showtimes.

Also, if we don't land Wade, I'd love to get Johnson.

Edit: Kirk and now Salmons have had clutch 3's.

What.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
VDN is no genius, the team is just out there playing instead of running his s*** plays... hence D-Rose looking like we all expected.

That & the Kings give up an average of 105 points a game. They should be doing this against Sacramento.