Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Their stats are pretty close. I think Tyrus has had the better season narrowly.

You can't just look at their stats. . . Taj has played consistently good, fundamentally sound defense and doesn't take miserable shots on offense. For my money I think Taj has had a better season.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
You can't just look at their stats. . . Taj has played consistently good, fundamentally sound defense and doesn't take miserable shots on offense. For my money I think Taj has had a better season.

Taj is a nice role player for us. Doesn't make dumb decisions like Tyrus does.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
Taj is a nice role player for us. Doesn't make dumb decisions like Tyrus does.

Very true, make no mistake I dont think Taj will ever make an all-star game (niether will Tyrus).

There is also no question that Tyrus has more potential than Taj, however, Tyrus hasn't developed into the player the Bulls thought he would be WHEN THEY TRADED HIM FOR ALDRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!

God. I can't get over that one.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
You're taking one hell of a chance though. You better guarantee me we're signing 2 of the elite free agents(obviously including Bosh) if we let go of Noah in that kind of deal.

I'd rather not take my chances of giving up Noah to see Bosh sign with Miami.

I'd do Deng, Tyrus, Salmons, and a 1st and future second for Bosh. That seems like it'd be an easier bullet to bite.

The Houston Rockets have narrowed their long-running quest to trade Tracy McGrady to offers from the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls and plan to choose between the offers Wednesday, according to sources with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets, after intense talks with both teams leading up to Thursday's trading deadline, are determined to finalize a deal for McGrady and move on with their season.

McGrady

The source said Tuesday night: "I expect it to happen tomorrow."

New York has been atop McGrady's wish list since his camp and the Rockets mutually agreed in December to part company and search for a workable trade before the deadline. Yet sources say that the Knicks are being asked to part with rookie forward Jordan Hill and possibly multiple future first-round picks to convince Houston to take back Jared Jeffries' $6.9 million contract for next season, which is the only way New York can make the deal happen without recruiting a third team to help facilitate the deal.

ESPN.com's Chad Ford reported earlier Tuesday that the Knicks -- even though shedding Jeffries' contract would be a massive boost for their 2010 free-agent plans -- were trying to get Houston to agree to a package of Larry Hughes Jeffries and Hill for McGrady, Joey Dorsey and Brian Cook, without including a 2012 first-round pick.

Although the complete specifics of the Bulls' proposal could not be immediately confirmed, Chicago has multiple expiring contracts to package in a deal for McGrady's $22.5 million expiring contract. Those include longtime Rick Adelman favorite Brad Miller, Jerome James and the increasingly coveted Tyrus Thomas, who is being pursued in separate trades by several teams, including New York, San Antonio and Denver.

The Chicago Tribune reported on its Web site Tuesday night that the Bulls were still trying to recruit a third team interested in Kirk Hinrich to participate in a McGrady deal, since the Rockets are unwilling to take on Hinrich. One source told ESPN.com that Miller and Thomas are the Bulls most coveted by Houston, which has also resisted the Bulls' attempts to include John Salmons in the trade.

The Los Angeles Lakers' attempts to acquire Hinrich have stalled because they want to surrender Sasha Vujacic's contract in the same trade, but the defending champions have been unable to find a taker for Vujacic.

McGrady has been working out in Chicago with noted personal trainer Tim Grover for much of the past six weeks in hopes that the Rockets and his agent, Arn Tellem, could broker a deal that would get him back on the court this season.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Can't say I like that deal. You don't clear much cap space since you're giving up Brad, and all you get is McGrady. If the Rockets don't take Salmons, it's kind of a no deal.

Chris Mannix of SI is reporting the Rockets and Knicks are finalizing a deal that would send Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries to Houston for Tracy McGrady, with the teams swapping 1st rounders in 2011 and the Rockets getting the Knicks 2012 1st. The only hold-up right now is both teams efforts to protect the pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/bask...rady/index.html

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Chris Mannix of SI is reporting the Rockets and Knicks are finalizing a deal that would send Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries to Houston for Tracy McGrady, with the teams swapping 1st rounders in 2011 and the Rockets getting the Knicks 2012 1st. The only hold-up right now is both teams efforts to protect the pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/bask...rady/index.html

That is a great deal for Houston.

New Twist In Amare Stoudemire Trade Drama Involves The Chicago Bulls

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/2/1...mare-stoudemire

Perhaps the Suns make this deal with the Heat that sends Amare to Miami, Beasley and an expiring to the Bulls and the Heat's 1st round pick to Phoenix and the Raptors 1st round pick to the Bulls.

- Chicago replaces Deng with Beasley and saves about $6.8m going into the summer and leaves them with about $18m under the cap. They unload a long term contract which gives the more room for Rose and Noah when it's time to pay them and they also get to see how Beasley works out and still have cap room to go after Bosh or another free agent.

- Miami gets Amare to help try and keep Wade and they give up Beasley, expirings and two 1st round picks.

- Suns get Deng and a 1st round pick maybe some filler to make up about $1.5m.

This looks better for the Bulls but worse for the Suns than a Cleveland deal where:

- Cleveland gets Amare

- Suns get Hickson and Deng

- Bulls get Big Z and...Dudley? Clark? It would take something else to get the Bulls to give up Deng

Edited by Cowch

QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
New Twist In Amare Stoudemire Trade Drama Involves The Chicago Bulls

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/2/1...mare-stoudemire

Hell, the Heat might as well throw Wade into the deal as well.

The Heat wouldn't offer Beasley, or either of the 1st round picks to Phoenix, but now they are going to throw all 3 in the deal? Sure.

If the Heat are giving up Beasley and two mid-1st round picks then they better be getting more than Amare.

They better offer that same package to Minnesota for Al Jefferson first.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Hell, the Heat might as well throw Wade into the deal as well.

The Heat wouldn't offer Beasley, or either of the 1st round picks to Phoenix, but now they are going to throw all 3 in the deal? Sure.

If the Heat are giving up Beasley and two mid-1st round picks then they better be getting more than Amare.

They better offer that same package to Minnesota for Al Jefferson first.

I thought the Heat did offer Beasley and the Suns didn't want him?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
I thought the Heat did offer Beasley and the Suns didn't want him?

I thought the same thing, but a later report from a Suns exec said the Heat hadn't even offered Beasley yet. The Suns guy said a deal would get done if the Heat would just offer up Beasley and one of the 1st round picks, but the Heat are holding back so far apparently.

You have to wonder, the Heat have never been sold on Beasley's personality and attitude, but Amare is basically an older more polished version of Beasley personality wise from what I have heard. 8 rebounds from a guy that big and athletic getting 30+ minutes? Hmm.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...sley_for_amare/

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
I thought the same thing, but a later report from a Suns exec said the Heat hadn't even offered Beasley yet. The Suns guy said a deal would get done if the Heat would just offer up Beasley and one of the 1st round picks, but the Heat are holding back so far apparently.

You have to wonder, the Heat have never been sold on Beasley's personality and attitude, but Amare is basically an older more polished version of Beasley personality wise from what I have heard. 8 rebounds from a guy that big and athletic getting 30+ minutes? Hmm.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...sley_for_amare/

I always wonder how accurate those wiretap reports are. Real GM seems pretty horrible in there reporting but right now there is so much misinformation going out that who the hell knows what is going on. I just know it seems like every rumor in the world the past year which involved the Heat had them giving up Beasley and I've never quite got it.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
KC Johnson on twitter: Bulls management has told Salmons to remain at team hotel as it works to finalize a trade. Won't play vs. Knicks.

I wonder if they are close to something on Salmons or if they just know they want to move him so they don't want to take any chances.