Goodbye Jose!

kjshoe04

Jose is a class act. Yes, he was one of the main reasons the Sox won the World Series in 2005 and for a time was the best pitcher on the Sox.

He handled himself well during his recent struggles after working his ass off coming back from what seemed almost certain to be a career ending injury. I'll always appreciate that.

I'm glad he got another chance with a playoff contender and although he has been ineffective recently I hope he has another good run in him. I'd love to see him in the World series again this year.

All the best, Jose, and thanks for the World Series.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
:hawk:

I guess some people just don't appreciate a World Series Championship nowadays. To hell with you Hawk!

Thanks Jose, it was awesome when you were completely unhittable for a full year. Yea, and the ring was nice too. Gracias hombre!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
I appreciate the way he worked his ass off to make it back by spring training. Says a lot about that guy, that and the fact he accepted the demotion to Charlotte.

Absolutely. He was a great guy and did everything you would want from a guy. It's a shame he had so many struggles in the US because he had unbelievable stuff when he was on.

Due to my moving to frickin' Utah in 2005, I only went to one game that year. Jose pitched and beat the Twins (Crazy Carl homered twice). Fond memories!

Jose was a class act if ever there was one. He will be missed in that respect. Adios, mi amigo! :gosox3: