Predict now; What Happens on Sunday w/Twins, Tigers?

greg775

I'd love to see a playoff.

Predict it now, though. What happens Sunday?

My prediction is Verlander beats us in a pretty easy fashion, say 8-1. Also I say KC beats a Twins team that has given it a valient try, but just can't quite do it. KC wins 9-8 in extra innings. Twins fans applaud the team as they leave the field for battling so hard w/out Morneau.

So Detroit wins the division with no playoff.

What's your prediction?? Cmon. Pick it before it happens.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Sox complete the sweep and coupled with the Bears handing the Lions their asses,Detroiters,Detriotians,Detroitites(?) finally realize how much it really sucks to live in that dump and a mass exodus ensues...

Minnesota sweeps KC and takes the division (unfortunatly) and in gratitude to Ozzie Guillen not laying down and actually making his team compete,they name their new stadium Oswaldo Guillen Colliseum (they affectionately call it the Big O) and construct a bronze statue of Ozzie doing his infamous choke sign.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

I've basically been wrong the last week so I don't know why I'm even guessing. Detroit and Kansas City both win. Detroit makes the playoffs. I really hope Detroit wins the division. They've held control of the division basically the whole year. I know it's a 162 game schedule, but it seems right for Detroit to win the division. Go Tigers.

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 01:29 AM)
Sox win, Twins lose- 1 game playoff, Porcello gets rocked in the Metrodome, Beckham wins the ROY

its funny because only here (chicago media) we hear about beckham being a roy candidate but i have yet to hear it once nationally, just andrus and porcello they talk about.....i think det wins and the twins lose (verlander, pavano on 3 days rest)

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 03:46 AM)
Both Det and Min win.

Game 163 on Tues in Min - Min wins.

Detroit burns.

I don't know if they both win, but the rest I agree with.

Goes well with the "Detroit does what the Sox did the year before, but slightly worse."

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
What are the odds that the same team plays a 1 game playoff game in back to back years? That is really amazing.

First time it's ever happened. I would also like to see them be the first team to lose Game 163 two years in a row.

For the glass half empty fans, both teams have a lot to lose in the playoff.

Minnie will have lost 2 playoffs in a row, finally getting this one in their home dome where they have a fantastic advantage. It would be a major disappointment. Though the good fans would realize with no Morneau they had a great run just to catch the Tigers. Showed a lot of fortitude.

Detroit will have choked away a title that was theirs since May.

Would be a bitter pill for a team that has had high expectations since Cabrera joined the team and not fulfilled them.

It would be considered a monumental choke. Didnt Detroit lead by as many as 7 or 8 games in mid September?

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
the Twins were 7 back on Sept 7, 5.5 back Sep 14, 3 games back Sep 30

amazing run for a team that flirted 2 games either side of .500 for 90% of the season

This will be the first and only time you'll ever be happy that the White Sox have these kind of starting pitchers.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
I applaud the effort the Sox gave today. I thought the 8th inning was going to be one of those inning where Verlander implodes and gives up 9 runs because Jim Leyland leaves him in for 125 pitches

Bah, don't applaud us for today, we really weren't that good. Applaud Peavy and Garcia. You're playing on Tuesday because of them.