"Chicago Things" you don't like/do

Cali

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM CHICAGO WHEN....

The "Living Room" is called the "front room"

And you pronounce it as "frunch room"

Anyways, I'm a defendant of saving parking spaces, atleast where I lived. My family had 3 cars, two of which were parked in the garage, while the other was parked on the street. We would only shovel a space for the one that would be out on the street all night. The problem though was that one of our neighbors had about a dozen plus people living in the house and out of the garage, so there would be half dozen or so cars parked all over the street. Plus we had a suspicion that they had a "growing op" from there house, so there would be even more people parking on the street to buy weed.

My other neighbors werent as bad as the others since they had about 4 cars, but they had a perfectly fine garage to park atleast two cars. Instead they used the garage to store all their crap in. After a couple days where it stopped snowing, or if there was no future threat of snow, we would remove the chairs that saved the parking spot

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
I thought old people stay inside when it gets really snowy and cold. Are you saying all those saved spots are elderly people trolling about in the snow? I am sure there are some but doubtful it is any significant percentage.

All I know is when I lived in Chicago me & my uncle would go around the neighborhood and clean spots in front of my grandmother and her brothers' and sisters' houses and their neighbors. When people parked in those spots it made it very difficult for them sometimes because they would have to walk much further through the winter conditions to get home.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Yeah, elderly people shouldn't be driving in perfect driving conditions, let alone winter driving conditions.

Yeah, well believe it or not, some elderly people still have responsibilities and have to get out regardless of the conditions.

I once snapped and hit my breaking point with the stupid furniture on the street and went down the whole block launching everything. I didnt give a s*** if anybody seen me at that point,there was like a half inch of snow on the ground it was ridiculous.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
The street is in no way your property. Get over it and find a new spot. It's not yours in the first place. Reminds me a lot of someone being childish and saying ''seat save''. Sit somewhere else you god damn cry baby, it won't harm you any.

That's all well and good, but sometimes you'll pay for taking a spot someone else cleared. That's just a fact.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
When I went to Florida State for school, I was told that I didn't have a Chicago accent...except when I said one thing..."Chi-cahh-go"

By the way, most of you are lames...

I got the same thing in Boston, except I pronounce it Chi-caw-go (which I believe is the correct pronunciation). And you really can't be more from Chicago than I am. I can hit USCF with a rock from my house.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
I got the same thing in Boston, except I pronounce it Chi-caw-go (which I believe is the correct pronunciation). And you really can't be more from Chicago than I am. I can hit USCF with a rock from my house.

Do it.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
you evil bastard. When I was little my dad and I shoveled out a spot in front of our house. Then we ran to the store to get some more ice for the sidewalks and our neighbor had parked his car in our spot when we got home. Im not talking downtown streets where there is no parking. There was tons of parking when I used to live and everyone had driveways. Well he parked in our clean spot instead of in front of his own house. My dad pushed his car with our car in to the middle of the street and left it there.

I agree with people saving their spots 100%.

Your dad's awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
You people make me sick.

+1

Some people may as well put tomato sauce on a slice of bread with a kraft slice of cheese and nuke it for 45 seconds.

Deep Dish Pizza IS Pizza

I prefer listening to the Score over AM 1000 these days, not sure what you guys do though. When I was working over the summer, I really enjoyed Spiegs and McNeil's show and thought Boers and Bernstein were annoying.

Anyone who puts furniture outside or something for parking is retarded. Also, I love deep dish. What's wrong with it as opposed to regular thin crust pizza?

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
+ 2

I may enjoy all kinds of pizza, but nothing compares to a good stuffed or deep dish pizza.

This sounds like me. I have nothing against other styles, many can be very well done. But a loaded Chicago Style Pizza, correctly done, that's about the top of my list.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Deep dish pizza was lasagna with a pizza crust after-taste.

I'd rather make my own pizza at home, St Louis style.

ahh, velveeta on a baseball card, I'm glad I know not to listen to your food opinions anymore. Emos is atrocious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
This sounds like me. I have nothing against other styles, many can be very well done. But a loaded Chicago Style Pizza, correctly done, that's about the top of my list.

This is the thing, for my money nobody has better sauces then the chicago joins, and nobody offers the sheer overload of wonderful ingredients and meats, all mixing and complimenting so well together.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
ahh, velveeta on a baseball card, I'm glad I know not to listen to your food opinions anymore. Emos is atrocious.

No, I don't use velveeta. I use real, shredded mozzarella and make my own thin crust and toppings.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
No, I don't use velveeta. I use real, shredded mozzarella and make my own thin crust and toppings.

My problem with homemade pizza is that every sauce I've tried has been bland and crappy. I do like that I can go overboard on the cheese, though.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
My problem with homemade pizza is that every sauce I've tried has been bland and crappy. I do like that I can go overboard on the cheese, though.

If you're doing homemade Pizza, I think you have to go homemade sauce too.