Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
I'm having one of those "I'm 100% right, but for the sake of peace I need to be quiet" moments.

Just because I love my spouse doesn't mean I like her all the time or can even stand her ass at certain moments.

Awww s*** man. Sometimes you just got to be the bigger man.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
Awww s*** man. Sometimes you just got to be the bigger man.

People who've been married for over 5 years understand and accept that there will be times where they feel like strangling their spouse.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)
People who've been married for over 5 years understand and accept that there will be times where they feel like strangling their spouse.

I don't think this is limited to being married, except for the fact that she is not my spouse yet ;)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)

That's just surreal to me but I've never been married let alone been a relationship of over five years. That's some pretty scary s***. I would hope I never feel that way but I imagine that being together with someone for a long time will eventually lead to some animosity.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:08 AM)
Dude, you have your last semester of college in front of you. Go spend the night with a random while it's still so easy. Don't waste it worrying about a young chick who has no idea what she wants yet.

Yup.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
That's just surreal to me but I've never been married let alone been a relationship of over five years. That's some pretty scary s***. I would hope I never feel that way but I imagine that being together with someone for a long time will eventually lead to some animosity.

I say it halfway in jest, but you WILL fight with your significant other at some point

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 04:48 PM)
Yup.

Seconded.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
People get sick of each others s***. Its the truth, nothing wrong with it.

Do you think if not for the existence of children most marriages would ultimately end in divorce? That's it just natural the two people would "get sick of each other" for lack of a better phrase and would split? That the children help the bond between the married people and in effect keep the 2 together and in love? Or do you feel there's a magical bond between married people and they are together forever?

I think I told you about my one friend who has been married 5 or so years. He continues to cheat big time. He flew a stripper to Vegas and she stayed with him for 2-3 nights. He remained 4 more nights with buddies who came out to Vegas to party. He also has a pseudo girlfriend or two in Texas. He's not close to getting caught and he insists he loves his wife and will NEVER leave her. They have 2 kids. He also goes out alone one night a week in town here and tells his wife he needs to do it cause of his stressful job. He's had some girls in those situations as well.Is he scum? Does he have a sexual addiction problem? Or is he just a guy who does what he wants and gets away with it cause he makes huge money?

He's good around his kids BTW and treats his wife well at all times when they are together and speaks highly of her saying she is the best.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
Do you think if not for the existence of children most marriages would ultimately end in divorce? That's it just natural the two people would "get sick of each other" for lack of a better phrase and would split? That the children help the bond between the married people and in effect keep the 2 together and in love? Or do you feel there's a magical bond between married people and they are together forever?

I think I told you about my one friend who has been married 5 or so years. He continues to cheat big time. He flew a stripper to Vegas and she stayed with him for 2-3 nights. He remained 4 more nights with buddies who came out to Vegas to party. He also has a pseudo girlfriend or two in Texas. He's not close to getting caught and he insists he loves his wife and will NEVER leave her. They have 2 kids. He also goes out alone one night a week in town here and tells his wife he needs to do it cause of his stressful job. He's had some girls in those situations as well.Is he scum? Does he have a sexual addiction problem? Or is he just a guy who does what he wants and gets away with it cause he makes huge money?

He's good around his kids BTW and treats his wife well at all times when they are together and speaks highly of her saying she is the best.

I think generally human beings do best in familial groups or tribal groups, whatever the correct archaeological term is, I am sure Balta or SS will fill us in on. I do, however, think it is somewhat unnatural to engage in monogamy. That isn't really how we've evolved and so I think our instincts sometime overrule our brains and morals a bit and the result is often times people cheating.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
I'm not about that life. It'd be easier if I was.

No one is saying you have to try and sodomize an unconscious girl or anything, but how about you have a little fun with the folks on campus instead of this silly girl back home?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
No one is saying you have to try and sodomize an unconscious girl or anything, but how about you have a little fun with the folks on campus instead of this silly girl back home?

I never said I would let her get in the way of me meeting anyone at school, but my point was I am not the type to just go f*** some strange to get it out of my system. I don't do one-night-stands, but I'd definitely not shy away from a new relationship if one happens at school.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 12:51 AM)
Chili, what's the update? Are you two old news or ?

I'd say old news. We text very casually, like a conversation every couple days, but I'm always the last one to reply. But she is definitely doing a great job of removing herself from getting too close to me, because I haven't seen her in 2 weeks now today, and probably won't unless she changes her mind at some point.

But got a new story that probably won't go anywhere, given that I am going back to school in 5 days. I can't remember if I mentioned the old coworker from Chilis w/ having a sister that apparently was all about me, but I went in to eat on Friday and met her. Her name is Victoria. Her sister (the one I've known for a couple years) is Alex. Alex introduced me to her sister and said "You should chat her up, she'd love you". So I said "Whatever, I got a week, let's see what happens". I text Alex that night saying "Hey, your sister is cute, you guys should come to my buddies bonfire tonight". But they were both closing Friday, so they didn't come, but I was texting Alex all night until 2 am on Friday, and then a little bit yesterday, and then some more today. So I guess at this point I'd take either sister. Alex is a f***ing babe, I mean SMOKIN hot. Victoria is decent, a little thicker, but the good news is she looks like her sister. Got 5 days. I'm definitely not getting emotional attached to either, but I'll def. try a change of pace and get some strange out of this before I go back, why not?

PS: To avoid any confusion I didn't say the "whatever, I got a week, let's see what happens" part to Alex, I just meant I was thinking that. I think my exact reply to her was "Oh yeah?".

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 06:06 AM)
I'd say old news. We text very casually, like a conversation every couple days, but I'm always the last one to reply. But she is definitely doing a great job of removing herself from getting too close to me, because I haven't seen her in 2 weeks now today, and probably won't unless she changes her mind at some point.

But got a new story that probably won't go anywhere, given that I am going back to school in 5 days. I can't remember if I mentioned the old coworker from Chilis w/ having a sister that apparently was all about me, but I went in to eat on Friday and met her. Her name is Victoria. Her sister (the one I've known for a couple years) is Alex. Alex introduced me to her sister and said "You should chat her up, she'd love you". So I said "Whatever, I got a week, let's see what happens". I text Alex that night saying "Hey, your sister is cute, you guys should come to my buddies bonfire tonight". But they were both closing Friday, so they didn't come, but I was texting Alex all night until 2 am on Friday, and then a little bit yesterday, and then some more today. So I guess at this point I'd take either sister. Alex is a f***ing babe, I mean SMOKIN hot. Victoria is decent, a little thicker, but the good news is she looks like her sister. Got 5 days. I'm definitely not getting emotional attached to either, but I'll def. try a change of pace and get some strange out of this before I go back, why not?

PS: To avoid any confusion I didn't say the "whatever, I got a week, let's see what happens" part to Alex, I just meant I was thinking that. I think my exact reply to her was "Oh yeah?".

Good for you, chili. Good luck in your pursuit.

• 3 weeks later...

The games girls play at times are just so f***ing annoying. I've been out with this one girl 4 times now and all of our dates went really well. She went on vacation about two weeks ago and we texted back and forth quite a few times while she was on vacation (with both of us initiating the contact at various times). She got back Saturday so I texted her on Sunday asking how her vacation was and she told me all about it. I then asked if she had plans for this upcoming weekend and she said no so I asked if she wanted to hang out and proposed a restaurant to go to. I still haven't received a response to that text even though I know she read it because she has read receipts on her iPhone so it tells me exactly when she has read my text. Either you like me enough to hang out again or you don't so tell me that. I have always hated this aspect of dating.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
The games girls play at times are just so f***ing annoying. I've been out with this one girl 4 times now and all of our dates went really well. She went on vacation about two weeks ago and we texted back and forth quite a few times while she was on vacation (with both of us initiating the contact at various times). She got back Saturday so I texted her on Sunday asking how her vacation was and she told me all about it. I then asked if she had plans for this upcoming weekend and she said no so I asked if she wanted to hang out and proposed a restaurant to go to. I still haven't received a response to that text even though I know she read it because she has read receipts on her iPhone so it tells me exactly when she has read my text. Either you like me enough to hang out again or you don't so tell me that. I have always hated this aspect of dating.

Be cool. How long has it been since you sent the text?