2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
It's good to see days like yesterday that give you hope for the White Sox offense. 15 runs against the Cubs , 8 against the Dodgers . I know it means next to nothing since it's ST and all but its sure beats getting shut out twice.

I think you can extract a few items from what little the sox have demonstrated, not the least of which is the value of our newfound team speed (not just talking about stolen bases)

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 07:14 AM)
I think you can extract a few items from what little the sox have demonstrated, not the least of which is the value of our newfound team speed (not just talking about stolen bases)

I'm not one of those people who thinks ST is meaningless. Just about every team has a few open spots on the 25 man roster and ST can make or break who makes a team. Positive things happening sure beats the hell out of negative things .

On Mike & Mike this morning, Greeny asked what staff needed to be talked about that isn't, and he started going nuts over the Sox staff, bullpen included. Said that Floyd and Danks are great young talents, and with Buehrle and the forgotten about Jake Peavy heading the rotation it will keep them in it, while they'll be going after a LH bat at the deadline, probably Gonzalez.

Old news, but now its from ESPN, which is the odd part.

MLB Network has been doing a good job of getting Sox games on their channel. It may have been in the middle of the night, but after seeing them play the Angels earlier, I saw them play the Dodgers as well.

For an out-of-owner like me, that's good stuff.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The White Sox have switched their B game with the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Camelback Ranch stadium Monday morning because the recent rains caused their practice fields to be deemed unplayable.

The B game will start at 9:30 a.m. and end at 11 a.m. so workers can prepare the grounds for the Sox's regularly scheduled 1 p.m. game with Seattle. The B game probably won't be open to the public, although there was no official announcement.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
@InsideTheSox: #WhiteSox vs. Sea: Pierre7, Beckham4, CQ9, PK3, AJ2, Rios8, Kotsaydh, Teahen5, ARam6. Floyd pitching.

Not only is this today's lineup but I do believe it's the opening day lineup.

Id like to see Teahen and AJ switched come opening day.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The White Sox have switched their B game with the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Camelback Ranch stadium Monday morning because the recent rains caused their practice fields to be deemed unplayable.

The B game will start at 9:30 a.m. and end at 11 a.m. so workers can prepare the grounds for the Sox's regularly scheduled 1 p.m. game with Seattle. The B game probably won't be open to the public, although there was no official announcement.

so the game should be over then right? I know it says it wasnt open to the public but do you know if theres a box score or any info on the game floating around?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Id like to see Teahen and AJ switched come opening day.

so the game should be over then right? I know it says it wasnt open to the public but do you know if theres a box score or any info on the game floating around?

That cant be central time, that is probably pacific time

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
youre probably right, so the game should start in a half hour??? were 3 hours ahead right??

No it started 11:30 our time, 2 hours ahead. my buddy texted me and said Mitchell led off the game with a double